Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Two lads scoping Collegefort area last night, one was seen up on balconies by my neighbour and ran away only to come back an hour later with a friend trying to climb same balcony and getting spooked by something and running away again, garda was in the area within minutes. 2 lads ,one dressed in grey tracksuit with a hood on , second with a red jacket . This was at 12.30am and 2 am ( I am a light sleeper ,so saw them both , but only from the back )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Straight outta compton..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

House in Hollywoodrath broken into this evening, they smashed in the back window and ripped a load of alarm sensors off the walls too. Might be setting up for a second go at the house. Monitored alarm, guards and neighbours on the scene pretty quickly. The estate had been getting suspicious activity last winter but this is the first actual reported breakin I believe.

There’s been a lot of activity around the estate recently, someone was having a landscaper in and equipment was robbed from their van in broad daylight; caught on CCTV and the guards apparently got a fella over in swords for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please keep posts on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

sm3ar wrote: »
    That was on topic
    That's why it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Post Office in the Blanch Centre robbed at 9.30am this morning according to the IrishMirror

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

A parked bmw had its front left ripped off in ongar, looked like a hit and run, a lot of damage done.....but the car was parked badly on a corner at that little square beside paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Caranica wrote: »

Blanch is becoming a dangerous sh1thole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Happy4all wrote: »
    Blanch is becoming a dangerous sh1thole

Has been for quite some time.

Gangs have taken hold and turning into ghetto style like US and UK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Registered Users Posts: 23,859 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ciaran76 wrote: »

I wouldnt be responsible for what I'd do to that oxygen wasting scum. Somebody knows who they are, get the word out everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

ciaran76 wrote: »

that's really upset me, that poor woman :( what kind of person could do that to anyone let alone a defenceless old lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Scum who attacked jenny utter scum.

She is OK though. My dad was talking to her yesterday she was bragging about fighting them off. Poor woman though. She's harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Absolute scum to do that to Jenny!

There was a girl robbed at the bus eireann bus stop on the slip road too.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/young-woman-stabbed-while-waiting-at-isolated-bus-stop-37540734.html

Sickening stuff to happen to Jenny, no one deserves that nevermind a wheelchair bound 85 year old woman!

Awful. Jenny is eccentric but harmless, and well known enough that whoever did this likely targeted her knowing she's vulnerable but also just a nice person about the community.

Bad weekend for Blanch related news, and it seems that the group that was terrifying taxi drivers up in Tyrrelstown moved on to bigger and better things, they're off in Malahide and Portmarnock with pals of theirs intimidating and robbing people. The kind of everyday small ball crime and intimidation that degradates communities unless it's dealt with fairly toughly.

Incident last Saturday beside the Coolmine woods, one of the houses on Orchard Close had its windows put in by a group of youngsters. They were hassling one of the lads living in the house as he walked his dog through the woods, followed him home, he told them to get lost, they came back later that night and put in the downstairs windows. Who knows what was said by whom but it really feels like there's a few gangs of yobs going round various parts of Dublin nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Incident last Saturday beside the Coolmine woods, one of the houses on Orchard Close had its windows put in by a group of youngsters. They were hassling one of the lads living in the house as he walked his dog through the woods, followed him home, he told them to get lost, they came back later that night and put in the downstairs windows. Who knows what was said by whom but it really feels like there's a few gangs of yobs going round various parts of Dublin nowadays.

i walk through the woods with my dog most days and ive never seen anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Somebody was arrested for the attack on Jenny.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's good news LorelaiG, the poor woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Somebody was arrested for the attack on Jenny.

i think they are lucky because i was aware of a group of people that were going to take justice into their own hands

i walk through the woods with my dog most days and ive never seen anything like that.

As I say, who knows what was said by whom first and when. Still, windows getting put in is pretty extreme - you can see the house top of orchard close.

I don't go near them regularly nowadays but the coolmine woods used to be a regular place to get hassle. Pal of mine was robbed in it twice with a blade put to him; I got a watch taken some years ago in it. It is significantly thinned out nowadays and I think the behavior ebbs and flows with the generational cycle of the kids and kids of kids of the surrounding area.

i think they are lucky because i was aware of a group of people that were going to take justice into their own hands

Seemed to be more than one group on the hunt.

OMG you can't say or advocate that sort of brutish behaviour, sure if you agree with that the RULE OF LAW would break down..

Better to look for reasons why they felt compelled to inflict such a vicious, nasty inhuman attack on a poor old woman, then buy them an X BOX.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

not yet wrote: »
    Better to look for reasons why they felt compelled to inflict such a vicious, nasty inhuman attack on a poor old woman, then buy them an X BOX.

Am I right in saying what you're suggesting is, to have a long soul searching chat with these individuals and reward them with a X-Box? Which they can then go and flog for their next fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ilsilenzio

Think tongue was firmly in cheek when that was suggested. !!--- that the poor perpetrator was somehow deprived.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Am I right in saying what you're suggesting is, to have a long soul searching chat with these individuals and reward them with a X-Box? Which they can then go and flog for their next fix?

If I said what I truly feel I'd be banned for life, and maybe the next life as well...

Which is by the way where I'd like to see the little cu0nts who done this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

not yet wrote: »
    If I said what I truly feel I'd be banned for life, and maybe the next life as well...

Which is by the way where I'd like to see the little cu0nts who done this.
    Your posts are simply incoherent.

Advertisement