Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Planet X have the Bell Gage helmet (in size small (52-56cm) only) for €37.50 in a few colours. https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HEBELLGAGE/bell-gage-road-helmet

That's a great helmet at that price - this was the standard issue for Team NL Jumbo some years ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not strictly a bike bargain, but Flahavans are giving away free neck buffs/warmers away with the 1.5 kg porridge packs. Always handy to have some of them for these cold days

Weepsie wrote: »
    Not strictly a bike bargain, but Flahavans are giving away free neck buffs/warmers away with the 1.5 kg porridge packs. Always handy to have some of them for these cold days

Not enough to sway me from Dunnes own brand. I buy nothing else there only the porridge and now someone is going to come along and tell me Flahavans actually make it for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Went to renew my Eurosport subscription and I see it's €29.99 for the year at the moment.

(On an OT side note you'd think they might email when the sub is out, save me fluting around with phone/app for 10 mins)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Went to renew my Eurosport subscription and I see it's €29.99 for the year at the moment.

(On an OT side note you'd think they might email when the sub is out, save me fluting around with phone/app for 10 mins)

isn't there a thing where you have to cancel the sub yourself after 12 months and if you don't they flip you to the full rate?
    I've a reminder in my work calendar to check on this when it's coming up to expiry and there must have been something that prompted me to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

isn't there a thing where you have to cancel the sub yourself after 12 months and if you don't they flip you to the full rate?
    I've a reminder in my work calendar to check on this when it's coming up to expiry and there must have been something that prompted me to do it!

Cancel it now and it keeps going til end of subscription.
    Btw, though that's a good bargain they sometimes have a €5 annual sub sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Cancel it now and it keeps going til end of subscription.
    Btw, though that's a good bargain they sometimes have a €5 annual sub sale

Yep got it for 1.99 a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Site says:

"5 day free trial. Automatically converts to a paid subscription with a one off upfront payment of €29.99 (inc VAT) for a minimum term of 12 " data-overflow="months, unless cancelled during the free trial. Unless you opt out, your subscription automatically renews each year at the then standard annual price. Access to all Eurosport Player content.">5 day free trial. Automatically converts to a paid subscription with a one off upfront payment of €29.99 (inc VAT) for a minimum term of 12 months, unless cancelled during the free trial. Unless you opt out, your subscription automatically renews each year at the then standard annual price. Access to all Eurosport Player content."

Question is can you opt out easily online or is it a pain in the ass to opt out (e.g. do you have to send them a letter) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Site says:

Question is can you opt out easily online or is it a pain in the ass to opt out (e.g. do you have to send them a letter) ?

It's easy to opt out of the deal I had with them last year anyway, just a click in your profile - nothing complicated or sneaky at all. If this is on the same basis you can go open it when you're watching Flanders or Roubaix and cancel it then. That'll allow you to watch until the end-date of your subscription (Feb 2019) and you can put it out of your mind.
    I opted out because I got a cheaper deal (either 1.99 or 4.99, can't remember, twas posted on here) that brings me up to after the TdeF. They do the deals regularly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

50 quid off any order over 100 on Le Col with strava challenge codes, I've no intention of using mine, anyone want it?
    https://lecol.cc/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭sin_26

50 quid off any order over 100 on Le Col with strava challenge codes, I've no intention of using mine, anyone want it?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

sin_26 wrote: »
    Pm sent

and replied. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have one of these too if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I have one of these too if anyone wants it.

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Endura Xtract II Short Sleeve - Black (£14.99)

use code QMNRBY for £1.50 off - so £13.49

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Endura-Xtract-II-Short-Sleeve-Cycling-Jersey-AW17_89782.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Great jacket, about the max discount for Assos. Full range of sizes too. Not a bargain strictly speaking but a decent discount. This and a base layer on the coldest of days is enough:

https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/men/jackets/assos-ij-bonka-6-cento-jacket-black/

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I have waited a full year, but finally, Lidl have brought back their full range of cycling gear.

I will be purchasing the bike stand. Hard to beat €30 for a solid piece of equipment!!

Cormac2791 wrote: »
    I have waited a full year, but finally, Lidl have brought back their full range of cycling gear.

I will be purchasing the bike stand. Hard to beat €30 for a solid piece of equipment!!

Link to whats on offer https://www.lidl-flyer.com/#/2fa69bfa-17e5-11e8-b1f4-005056ab0fb6/locale/en-IE/view/flyer/page/30

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cormac2791 wrote: »

Bike stand for me as well but have missed them anytime they were in. Hopefully this time I can nab one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭TigerTim

dahat wrote: »
    Bike stand for me as well but have missed them anytime they were in. Hopefully this time I can nab one.
    Homestore & More did them last year for about €15. Keep an eye on them if you miss Lidl

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

TigerTim wrote: »
    Homestore & More did them last year for about €15. Keep an eye on them if you miss Lidl

T.

Not as good as the Lidl one they were more like the aldi one. I see Home store are selling off their bike gear 50% off good for wall hangers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Fian

I have teh bike stand, though it was left in garden during the snow so hopefully no harm has been done to it.

The cordless pump/compressor look interesting. More for matresses etc than bike tubes, but might be worth giving it a shot for the bike too. smaller/more portable than a track pump, though a bit too big for a saddlebag :P

Maybe I'll grab some chain oil too, but tbh what i would have liked to have seen would be some caffeinated drink tablets or some wicking polyester tights to wear for commute (as underwear).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Canyon has a screed of winter gear on special. Sealskinz short socks a tenner, all sizes, colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXRT58V2RED22/planet-x-rt-58-v2-alloy-sram-red-22-road-bike?utm_source=The+Planet+X+and+On-One+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=dbc00634f3-Mag-7-2&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_561486488b-dbc00634f3-271437665&mc_cid=dbc00634f3&mc_eid=b835f05824

Planet X have this bike for sale at the moment.
    It has an almost complete Sram Red 22 groupset(brake callipers are Tektro and cassette and chain are lower order Sram)
    The complete bike is for sale at little more than the price of the Groupset.

Mod voice:
      • No back seat modding. Report it if you feel it's off topic, or going off topic.
      • No BA Requests.
      • Keep the chat on BAs on topic.
      • Though it is nice to have reminder they have stuff in in this thread, the LIDL and ALDI stuff has been stuff to death and there are some dedicated threads already

International Women's Day so one for the Women...

Sportful Fiandre Light NoRain Softshell In Small or Large for a shade under 60

I've the Men's ss and ls and it's brilliant IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! ... damn, I've pulled that bloody trigger.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement