Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hopelessly overpriced bicycle thread..!!Mod warning - no stolen bike discussion!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Trekker09 wrote: »
    If he has an Oltre for that spec and price then it's a good price TBH, though I'm not sure if that's the actual bike in the pics unless yer man sold him that bike. Think these frames go for north of 3k

Aaaaaannnnd it’s withdrawn again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I contacted the real owner of the bike and gave him the link to the ad. He was just about to report it when it was taken down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I contacted the real owner of the bike and gave him the link to the ad. He was just about to report it when it was taken down!

I hope he still reports it. That has to be a breach of adverts.ie rules? (As iin – Attempting to sell something which is not actually for sale or even yours to sell)

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I hope he still reports it. That has to be a breach of adverts.ie rules? (As iin – Attempting to sell something which is not actually for sale or even yours to sell)
    I reported him as he came onto one of my ads and started mouthing off. Did the same to someone else. Turns out he has 2 accounts.

I reported him as he came onto one of my ads and started mouthing off. Did the same to someone else. Turns out he has 2 accounts.

He made an offer on one of my ads too. I only noticed today. Full asking and all :-) . Itt was made the same day I commented on his ad so it’s just messing. His second account (from Galway? must be the one that offered him 3000 for the One off Olympic DREAM machine (emphasis on ‘Dream’)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

The Olympic dream machine is back up for sale, must’ve fallen through the last couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The Olympic dream machine is back up for sale, must’ve fallen through the last couple of times.

Big price reduction, due to time wasters, now looking for €1750

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

i wonder can the lad he allegedly sold a previous "one" for 8k go back and get the 6k he was overcharged :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Surfswimcycle

Shocking alright but I reckon leave him at it looks like he has had enough hassle over it already

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

The gift that keeps on giving :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Shocking alright but I reckon leave him at it looks like he has had enough hassle over it already

He’s still making out that it’s an Olympic bike. I think he deserves another round tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Someones asked him about the FFD wheels, response it typical:

"The wheels are FFD a limited edition of the FFWD wheels made for the S Olympics.
    :D:D

he's approaching trump levels of batting away criticism. im imagine sean spicer sitting at the computer responding to questions on his ad.

he's approaching trump levels of batting away criticism. im imagine sean spicer sitting at the computer responding to questions on his ad.

Spicer's on the Late Late this week , maybe this lad can hire him :D

He's just told somebody to f**k off

TBH I think we should leave him be as he's reduced the price if the bike. While it was a ridiculous price at €8000, the price he's looking for now is a tad more realisitc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Withdrawn again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Surfswimcycle

I don't blame him to be honest leave the guy alone it's gone too far now

Way to go for a 1st Post on Boards!

This person is misrepresenting goods they have for sale. They are also bidding on their own goods from a second account (not allowed)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Relisted 😂😂😂 He's a gas ticket this lad 😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Could write a book at this stage on this saga. What I want to know is the story behind the story!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Feel no sympathy for him - if he'd had his way he'd have pawned that yoke off on some poor sucker who knew no better for 5 times it's real value!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

<snip>
    Mod note: boards doesn't allow people to be identified or 'outed' online. Any questions PM me, do not respond in thread. nee

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The seller had been incredibly deceitful, creating multiple accounts, relisting the bike all the time, charging way, way, way over the odds for what the bike actually is. Either the seller is delusional, which given the tone of the ads I suspect may be the case, or genuinely trying to wheedle at times an extortionate amount of money (given what the bike is actually worth) for the thing out of someone who may not know better.
    They are being rightly called out on it.

*insert dreams/reality gif here*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

nee wrote: »
    *insert dreams/reality gif here*

LFNkpVU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

And withdrawn again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

... and back again ... at €1,600!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

soon the increasing fame - and thus value - of this bike will climb to intersect with the steadily decreasing price tag and we'll actually have to feature it in the bargain alerts thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TomI

Wonder if this is a bargain!
    www{.}ebay{.}ie/itm/Olympic-Road-Bike/322994423647?hash=item4b33f7c75f:g:-2wAAOSwXzNaV8km

• Advertisement

TomI wrote: »
    Wonder if this is a bargain!
    www{.}ebay{.}ie/itm/Olympic-Road-Bike/322994423647?hash=item4b33f7c75f:g:-2wAAOSwXzNaV8km

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Olympic-Road-Bike/322994423647?hash=item4b33f7c75f:g:-2wAAOSwXzNaV8km

Advertisement