Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Dub Ste wrote: »
    A good few,and I mean a GOOD few years ago when I was youngster,me and a pal were going through a phase of autograph hunting,pretty lame I know,but what can you do.

Richard Whiteley,the bloke who used to present Countdown,was doing a personal appearance in a shopping centre,so we went down to get his scrawl.
    He was acting the billy big bollix,so we decided to wind him up,and stood at the side of him going Riiiiccchaaaaaarrrdddd, Riiiiccchaaaaaarrrdddd,over and over again until he snapped and told us to f*ck off,RESULT.

So,after that,we decided to make a change in our approach,instead of getting their autograph,we wanted to wind em up so they told to f*ck off as well,our list includes

Jon Pertwee,(who was dressed as Wurzel Gummidge at the time)
    Tight Fit,the bunch of ****e who sang "The Lion Sleeos Tonite)
    Windsor Davies and Don Estelle from It Ain't Half Mum.

I know that most people won't even know who these are,but we had a ball winding them up.

My best story though is, a few years I was over in Leeds,visiting a pal,and we were out having a few scoops.
    We were in this late bar,and the two lads that play Sam Dingle,and Zak Dingle in Emmerdale,were sat at the next table to us,and they were locked,I mean they were hammered,and the Sam one was giving out about another actor on Emmerdale,not sure who,I missed the start,but he was going mental.

He saying stuff like "If he keeps it up next time we're filming,I'm gonna f*cking kill him,he's really pissing me off."
    "Who does he think he is,I'm a bigger star than he is"

He was going on for ages,when Zak uttered the immortal line,

"Leave him,he's not worth it.":D:D

I'd really like to know more about the Jon Pertwee/ Worzel Gummidge story. Was he in character as Worzel?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I worked in a call center a few years ago and spoke to a few semi famous people.One of the rudest was a guy whose name I can't remember right now but he used to play in Brush Shiels band.His name will come to me eventually.

Just remembered who it was after seeing his name online. It was Noel Bridgeman of Skid Row (Brush Shiels old band, not the US metal band of the same name). He was ringing about his Sky account. Awful obnoxious git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

darkdubh wrote: »
    That had to be when he was shooting Strength And Honor. A friend was an extra in that and he said Michael Madsen was sound, posed for pictures and chatted with everyone. He said Patrick Bergin was the total opposite, blanked everyone.
    Met the director of that, a real eejit, talked in a ridiculous faux-American drawl, and claimed he met Lauren Bacall when the photo was clearly Barbara Bain off Space 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JessM

Cliff Richard (don't ask!) wasn't hugely friendly but he was Christmas shopping with his sisters at the time, and was also No.1 in the charts (Millennium Prayer) so I suppose he was sick of being stopped. My mother is a massive fan which is the only reason I approached him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

No one just says F Off to a simple greeting without a reason! There has to be something more to this story!

Yep I find this hard to believe, I don't think even Hitler would have said F off in this situation, I call bullsh*t

My wife served him in a restaurant in Galway about 15 years ago, seemingly he was a gent and left £100 tip (Aidan Quinn that is not Hitler :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yep I find this hard to believe, I don't think even Hitler would have said F off in this situation, I call bullsh*t

My wife served him in a restaurant in Galway about 15 years ago, seemingly he was a gent and left £100 tip (Aidan Quinn that is not Hitler :pac:)

Not sure the evil one (not Aidan Quinn..........just to clarify :p ) would be so kind to the waiters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

dan joyce made a slap at me, in a carlow nightclub after he was doing a show during rag week. only asked for a photo! dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It pains me to call them 'celebs' but nationally, for the rudest 'celeb' it's a toss up between Linda Martin & Twink. Internationally, the award goes to Donald Megalomaniac Trump.
    Trump is supposed to be quite personable in social situations. I know the staff down at Doonbeg had good things to say about him. No airs and graces, will talk to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hiberno12345

As much as she annoys me also the woman is a pensioner effectively......65 this month.........so I wouldnt bring her body into it, I wouldn't even want to think of it!.

She had a great figure when she was younger. At both Eurovisions.

Would u shag her?

Would u shag her?

no.Why are you asking me that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Would you tell some randomer to fuck off after he simply said hello?
    Fcuk off.

no.Why are you asking me that.
    Frequent poster on the rugby forum. I'd imagine he's conditioned to. It's Pavlovian.

:pac:

endacl wrote: »
    Frequent poster on the rugby forum. I'd imagine he's conditioned to. It's Pavlovian.

:pac:

As far as I can see he just joined Boards.ie today!

Must have got a laptop for his 14th birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Frankie Dettori and Hector! Two real beauties!

Must have got a laptop for his 14th birthday
    Will be looking for a lapdance for his 18th...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Divulge... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Went to see DJ Sasha, big guy in the world of dance.

When he came out to do his thing he constantly mouthed F-Off to the crowd and stuck his fingers up constantly.

Considering he most likely got what we get yearly in that one night, what an absolute tosser he came across.

Great music though

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

What's your Hector story? Girl I know told a story of how she just said hello to him at the bar of the Kilkenny Cat Laughs festival, he turned around and gave her the finger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

What's your Hector story? Girl I know told a story of how she just said hello to him at the bar of the Kilkenny Cat Laughs festival, he turned around and gave her the finger.
    Infront of everyone !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Schwanz wrote: »
    Went to see DJ Sasha, big guy in the world of dance.

When he came out to do his thing he constantly mouthed F-Off to the crowd and stuck his fingers up constantly.

Considering he most likely got what we get yearly in that one night, what an absolute tosser he came across.

Great music though

I was given tickets for the Blizzards a few years ago. Wasn't really into them but the tickets were a gift and I wasn't going to waste them. Went along anyway and didn't think that much of their first few opening songs. Hadn't much energy, weren't really engaging the crowd, etc. but figured, hey, maybe they'll pick up.

Then Bressie starts saying that they'll be filming the band and crowd during the next song for an upcoming music video, so everyone get energetic, woo! But their performance wasn't that great and people obviously weren't getting energetic enough, because next thing he was like "Come on ta fcuk and clap, will yis?"

Thought it was really rude. We left after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Vojera wrote: »
    I was given tickets for the Blizzards a few years ago. Wasn't really into them but the tickets were a gift and I wasn't going to waste them. Went along anyway and didn't think that much of their first few opening songs. Hadn't much energy, weren't really engaging the crowd, etc. but figured, hey, maybe they'll pick up.

Then Bressie starts saying that they'll be filming the band and crowd during the next song for an upcoming music video, so everyone get energetic, woo! But their performance wasn't that great and people obviously weren't getting energetic enough, because next thing he was like "Come on ta fcuk and clap, will yis?"

I'd well believe it.

I watched a few episodes of The Voice (for my sins) a few years ago and I thought Bressie was the rudest fella. One of the contestants was joking a bit and Bressie absolutely flipped and shouted horrible condescending things at him.

He's always harping on about mental health but treats some people like dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I've a relative who has had a similar experience with him. Not pleasant at all.

Vojera wrote: »

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Hector got a lot of votes. Rude might be pushing it, low intelligence is what I was thinking. Hector San Afraic, meets Nelson Mandela, starts of with well boy, howya and a load of stupid gombeen language. Great at telling jokes when he is getting paid for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Hector got a lot of votes. Rude might be pushing it, low intelligence is what I was thinking. Hector San Afraic, meets Nelson Mandela, starts of with well boy, howya and a load of stupid gombeen language. Great at telling jokes when he is getting paid for it.

aren't the redhead / ginger lads always **** :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Nathan Slattery. He thinks he's it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nathan Slattery. He thinks he's it.

Who?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Loughc wrote: »
    Who?

An actor from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Des Bishop, what an arsehole.

Years ago (around mid 00's) we were in a pub in Limerick and one of my mates whom was a big fan went over to him and the conversation went like this:

Friend: Hi Des, sorry to bother you, big fan and was wondering if you could sign an autograph.
    Des: No and **** off back to whatever ****hole you came from.

My friend waddled back to our table basically in tears and in shock. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

davo2001 wrote: »
    Des Bishop, what an arsehole.

Years ago (around mid 00's) we were in a pub in Limerick and one of my mates whom was a big fan went over to him and the conversation went like this:

Friend: Hi Des, sorry to bother you, big fan and was wondering if you could sign an autograph.
    Des: No and **** off back to whatever ****hole you came from.

My friend waddled back to our table basically in tears and in shock. :D

Hmmm :eek:

Advertisement