Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭geotrig

aye big cabs . nice in a row i think ....but every single one ive seen has terrible button layout :p including the one i owned !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I asked that Retro Box crowd how much for a table top cabinet 500-700 they quoted me, I'm new to all this but how would you go about getting someone to do something like that surely can't be that expensive would love a set up like that but not 600 euro O_O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I asked that Retro Box crowd how much for a table top cabinet 500-700 they quoted me, I'm new to all this but how would you go about getting someone to do something like that surely can't be that expensive would love a set up like that but not 600 euro O_O

You can build one from scratch for less.
    Or get a full size cab for around 300 and adapt it for a RPi

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Its defo a Xenon, my old one i tetris'ised is in Token now. Big cabs.

I played that the other night and completely sucked arse :pac:

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You can build one from scratch for less.
    Or get a full size cab for around 300 and adapt it for a RPi

I'd be terrible at DIY and all that stuff , Where would I get a full size one and how would I adapt it , Again I'm new to this stuff , My only expeirience with emulators and stuff was trying to get Hyperspin working before and although I got it working some what it just never worked out properly for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd be terrible at DIY and all that stuff , Where would I get a full size one and how would I adapt it , Again I'm new to this stuff , My only expeirience with emulators and stuff was trying to get Hyperspin working before and although I got it working some what it just never worked out properly for me

Just watch Adverts, don't be in a rush.
    Adapting it for a RPi isn't that hard and as a little project it's a lot of fun and learning all at the same time.
    Plus, there's products for just such a purpose, and lots of tutorials to help, not to mention a brain trust here of men and women who have already done such a thing, so can give guidance.

Is it cool if I pm you ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    I played that the other night and completely sucked arse :pac:

haha, to be honest the only reason i built a Tetris cab was because the first cab i got was Street fighter 2 and i found the tetris board down the back of the cab when i opened it along with a big street fighter 2 alpha cps3 i think?

anyways, i bought two xenons for cheap and because i had the tetris pcb and a friend that could print the artwork for nothing the tetris cab was born haha. I spent easily a month cleaning up the artwork scans i found online, removing dirt and imperfections before getting it printed off. Im pretty sure i even re-drew some of the blocks in some places. I wouldnt be bothered doing that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

pcb would make a nice rtype too ;)

Sounds like there is a story behind this cab...?
    ?

Love those electrocoin xenons and duets. I wonder would he sell the glass for one of my cabs.

I've a story behind this one https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/electrcoin-arcade-machine/10104198

Myself and a friend got a cab each skip fishing behind a leisureplex in 2002. Friend loaned his out, but the person that borrowed it moved out of their house and the cab went missing for several years, presumed gone to landfill.... Then last week it turns up better than ever with a nice new cap kit installed! I wonder who took care of her...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

spotted this "custom painted" gem for sale on a sega buy/sell FB group :o

19905147_10155128126869300_1365190111401002861_n.jpg?oh=9cd3e13143b70cbcdf626ba8ed9c8124&oe=5A04B6C4

...untested too :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Inviere

Oh my. I love the detailing on the power and reset buttons

Master of the Universe

Sometimes someone creates something for which there are just no words.

A lot of tippex died to bring us this Megadrive II.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://www.adverts.ie/13362960
    At least it's a 4:3

I think I might have pee'd myself a little, whilst laughing at that advert...
    So premium...
    Much lushness
    Surely €3000 isn't enough???

Looking for €3000 but couldn't be bothered to turn it on for a photograph

The plug is an extra €100....

Apox

It's on sale for only £1995.00 :D
    http://www.bespoke-arcades.co.uk/store/arcade-machines/14-apex-play-arcade-machine.html

Watched that video, she says it comes with a DVD section, sweet, I love standing in front of my arcade watching movies :eek:
    WFT did they choose to play missile command when it hasn't got a trackball?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Upon arrival of a new Apex arcade machine in a owner's games room, first impressions never disapoint. The precise focus on each element of the construction and good looks with leave you breathless. An Apex Play not only arrives with over 800 of the best games- it is also fully compliant with all emulators on the Windows platform. You will never tire from perhaps the most worthwhile purchase ever made.

Jesus, they really don't hold back do they? :D

If that thing had an official Nintendo version, I'd probably have bought one myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Couldn't get a pic but a cd32 boxed for 423 pounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think I might have pee'd myself a little, whilst laughing at that advert...
    So premium...
    Much lushness
    Surely €3000 isn't enough???

Price drop! €3,000 -> €2,850
    Reduced price thia must go asap!!

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Price drop! €3,000 -> €2,850

Where's my wallet!!
    Must have!

I love how his link is to a website selling them for £3995 but I linked above to a site where they are half that

Don't wait another moment!
    This amazing collection of PS2 games, some 37 in all, is just waiting for you to nod in payment, at a mere €100!!
    Don't pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity to own such games as Crazy Frog Racer 2 and LMA Manager 03!
    Link
    Honestly, the most valuable thing in the ad is the crate they are sitting in....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Cex thinks this is what an unboxed N64 is worth!

20451590_745038799012520_75273058988458660_o.jpg?oh=9218b884187caf53a28f4c81ab7c55e9&oe=59F81EE0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Advertisement