Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wintry spell with Snow and Ice warnings week of 20-3-17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,902 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Snow%20Sheep%202_zpsbpxk8tps.jpg

My coat? You want my coat! Baaa off with you sir!

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Well wasn't expecting this, this morning

Snow is like the Inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

About 3-5 cm I guess up near Knockmealdowns (still in co Waterford though :) ).
    Very wet snow, if it rains any bit it'll be gone quick but it's still falling as snow, albeit smaller flakes now.

I have to revise my estimates, there's 9 cm on the table outside, and 14 cm in the grass ! (on a pretty flat surface) One very happy little guy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

big fat flakes falling here in cork city :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Best looking snow I've seen in Cork in years. Massive flakes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Best looking snow I've seen in Cork in years. Massive flakes!

its been a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saw some snow in Dublin this morning.

It had fallen off a vehicle!!

Gets my coat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Very heavy snow shower, thick chunks. No sticking to the ground though it was already wet sadly. Cork, it's been too long. Finally!

Keep sending in your pics! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Schnow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I have to revise my estimates, there's 9 cm on the table outside, and 14 cm in the grass ! (on a pretty flat surface) One very happy little guy here.

its like a totally different world to where i am. Just cold and windy. Enjoy it while it lasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Laois did well this morning but caused traffic issues with roads blocks by trucks and fair few cars smashed up too!

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/844458842855559170

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Can ye please feck off with this "snow shield" ****e! It's snowed in Cork annually over the past few years, when I've not seen a bit since 2010 in West Clare!

Aircraft holding at Cork now due to Snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Cork airport no longer reporting snow.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

More heavy rain in Dublin CC.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has turned splodgy/sleety here in Dublin 16. 4.2c atm.

Dublin Mountains should be getting a good pasting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Rain has turned splodgy/sleety here in Dublin 16. 4.2c atm.

Dublin Mountains should be getting a good pasting now.

Was just going to ask if anyone knows what conditions are like up the mountains? Will venture up there tomorrow morning

Currently lashing splodgy rain in Sandyford also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Driving back from Dublin at the moment and there's plenty of lying snow around the M4 Toll plaza and Enfield

412492.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Wall to wall sunshine in the west, its cold breeze but nice from inside the window. Dry all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

Lumi wrote: »
    Driving back from Dublin at the moment and there's plenty of lying snow around the M4 Toll plaza and Enfield

412492.PNG

I live to the left of the hill on the left of that photo...the snow is certainly hanging around! There was about 3 inches at my house, on top of the car and about 4/5 inches at the top of the hill beside me.....it has a big mast on it which you can see from the M4, especially near the toll plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

highdef wrote: »
    I live to the left of the hill on the left of that photo...the snow is certainly hanging around! There was about 3 inches at my house, on top of the car and about 4/5 inches at the top of the hill beside me.....it has a big mast on it which you can see from the M4, especially near the toll plaza

A few miles down the road in Celbridge it was pure muck. Rain all the way overnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    It's a beautiful morning in Tuam! didn't get the hard frost we were promised last night but I am not too cut up about this at all as some of the little cuttings I planted last year are beginning to show signs of life. I personally could not care less about frost and snow at this time of year. :o

I kind of wanted the day off work so that's why I was annoyed. Smashing day though. My hands are freezing and the kids have snot coming out their nose like no tomorrow but everyone is happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Lumi wrote: »

412492.PNG

What's the actual motorway like. I'm on a bike going home later?

Lads it was rough enough commuting at 7am from Midlands to Dublin. Can i expect the same tomorrow morning or will it be just wet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The heavy wet snow has caused power cuts in parts of north Kilkenny.
    ESB say expected restoration time is 3.45pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

What's the actual motorway like. I'm on a bike going home later?
    At 11am the motorway was fine - just some slush in the margins which will be well cleared by now

Ok, I have messed with the exposure to make it a bit more dramatic than reality... Galtee Mountains in the far distance.

Galtees%2022-3-17%20b_zps6uj2tkbi.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible, cold, wet muck since yesterday evening, side roads full of water here. Really looking forward to the dryer and milder conditions following from the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sunny with a brisk breeze and good drying in the wesht.

Not often you see the west of Ireland escaping the gloom so something to be savouredG6c9Mrs.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Sunny with a brisk breeze and good drying in the wesht.

Not often you see the west of Ireland escaping the gloom so something to be savouredG6c9Mrs.png

I wish I had hung the clothes out ! Great day

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Slushy Snow around Kilikee and Sallys Gap. Higher up on Kippure etc looks to have got pasted out of it.

2w5mwc7.jpg

f2stw4.jpg

2lix6jd.jpg

2jee3uo.jpg

2daeo80.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭mikeecho

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Can ye please feck off with this "snow shield" ****e! It's snowed in Cork annually over the past few years, when I've not seen a bit since 2010 in West Clare!

Aircraft holding at Cork now due to Snow.

Ok ok.. I'll switch the shield off ...... Or do you want it back on. I dunno

Advertisement