Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

First Up wrote: »
    He didn't. Withdrew.

Thought as much. Slightly bad form IMO.

Two bogeys in a row for Shane after opening with a birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

HighLine wrote: »
    First Up wrote: »
    He didn't. Withdrew.

Bad form for withdrawing when two holes to play early with little or no spectators and going to miss cut anyway?

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Bad form for withdrawing when two holes to play early with little or no spectators and going to miss cut anyway?

Exactly. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote:

I doubt anyone blamed him, or anyone else who pulled out in similar circumstances. Its not the players' fault they lost half a day or more. I'd say it was all sorted and the groups re-configured without much fuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Harrington having a nightmare round.....one birdie and four bogeys on the first 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some slam dunk birdie from Tringale on the 18th hole to shoot 64. Don't see that happen much on a pretty lengthy shot

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Exactly. IMO.
    What is it he has done wrong by withdrawing

What is it he has done wrong by withdrawing

It's just not good form. Simple as that. Yep, he was going to miss the cut anyway and would have to get up for 7am to play 2 holes but that's what he should have done.... again, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭bren2001

It's just not good form. Simple as that. Yep, he was going to miss the cut anyway and would have to get up for 7am to play 2 holes but that's what he should have done.... again, IMO.

Pregnant wife at home that he's been away from for quite a bit. Surely understandable and forgiveable given the circumstances?

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    Pregnant wife at home that he's been away from for quite a bit. Surely understandable and forgiveable given the circumstances?

Most guys I know would count their lucky stars for an excuse for to be away from a pregnant wife for a few weeks.

Not about being forgivable... an extra day would not have killed him. Again... not trying to jump on his back for something so trivial... as I said, it's just bad form.

Who is it bad form to?

Pat Perez just hit a ball straight into the crowd and not a word muttered. That will be one spectator leaving in an ambulance.

https://twitter.com/ShaneLowryGolf/status/833379284685316097

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Awesome from DJ, considering World No1 is on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Pretty brilliant from Johnson alright. Looks like he'll win easy.

On Shane Lowry, I don't think it's bad form at all. I'm sure even the people running the tournament were only too happy to have less players finishing off in order to get through the rounds quicker.

I see that GMac had 8 on the par 4 12th......I wonder what happened.

What a performance by DJ. Absolutely smashed the field. When he is on song, I think only Rory could stay with him on the bullying of a golf course.

Also helps that I had a few euro on him :) makes up for all the near misses lately.

Well done Dustin Johnston, sitting on top of the world! Well deserved. He could be hard to shift.

Tee times for Thursday. Rory out with DJ and Matsuyama

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wgc-mexico-championship/en/tee-times.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Was qualification based on winning an event?

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Was qualification based on winning an event?

I thought it was the worlds top 50 and tournament winners from the different tours but not sure how Larrazabal gets in?

*edit* Link below has the following
    How to qualify for the WGC-Mexico Championship

Top 50 players in the Official World Golf Ranking as of Feb. 20
    Top 30 on final 2015-16 PGA Tour FedEx Cup points list
    Top 10 on current season PGA Tour FedEx Cup points list as of Feb. 26
    Top 20 on final 2015-16 European Tour Race to Dubai points list
    Top 10 on current season European Tour Race to Dubai points list as of Feb. 20
    Top 2 players from 2016 Japan Golf Tour Order of Merit
    Top 2 players from 2016 Australasian PGA Tour Order of Merit
    Top 2 players from 2016 Sunshine Tour Order of Merit
    Top 2 players from 2016 Asian Tour Order of Merit
    The highest ranked available player from Mexico from OWGR

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2017/02/26/how-to-qualify-wgc-mexico-championship-103370/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So Pablo was 10th for this season until Brandon stone overtook him at the Jo'burg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Looking at this course we could see a putting comp...fairways are tree lined and pretty narrow.
    The likes of Jim Furyk..Matt Fitz and Russell Knox are a few I fancy.
    Couse looks beautiful.

Great looking course alright. Looking at Rory's shot tracker.. I don't think I've ever seen as many drives in the mid 300's. Last one being 367. Maybe that's where I'm losing so much distance playing at sea level each week :D

Rory just hit an iron 264 yards from the rough to a green surrounded by water and sank the eagle putt.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Played at altitude over the Christmas in central America, about 5,000ft. It is ridiculous how far the ball travels, easily an extra 15-20% or more. Normal 4i for me would be 180-185, at altitude I was sending it 220-230. Crazy stuff, but makes you feel like a monster, even though you are over hitting every green.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great hole out on 16 from Spieth, such an intelligent shot, his course management is on a different level.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Rory looking very solid. 4 under thru 9 and joint lead. Bit strange how a few of them have got food poisoning.. think I'd be cooking my own food over there!

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Great hole out on 16 from Spieth, such an intelligent shot, his course management is on a different level.

He followed that up by hitting a driver OB on the 320 yard par 4 1st though and taking a triple bogey!!!!!

• Advertisement

Rory holes out for eagle and now is in front on his own!

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/837793968809107457

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement