Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish International Gallery Rifle registration closes next Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Please excuse my ignorance, I have been trying to get time to go to some of these competitions, know little about them, but finally have time.
    Can anyone enter this comp? or is it teams only?
    Is their any competitons a novice could enter in the coming weeks reasonable travel from Dublin area? I would be using a .22 semi rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭IrishTarget

My advice would be come down and have a look. Introduce yourself as a novice to anyone down there, you'll get talking to people easily enough.

Have a look at all the shoots and what goes on. It can be a bit overwhelming at the start, but once explained it will all make sense. (safety, equipment needed, safety areas and range order)

It's a great weekend of shooting and no better time to met people and see what's it all about. It's not to far from Dublin either.

Many thanks. Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭clivej

ligertigon wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance, I have been trying to get time to go to some of these competitions, know little about them, but finally have time.
    Can anyone enter this comp? or is it teams only?
    Is their any competitons a novice could enter in the coming weeks reasonable travel from Dublin area? I would be using a .22 semi rifle.

Hi ligertigon
    All the Gallery rifle (pistol as well) competitions are open to all, as is the International event. For all comps. just keep an eye open for the registration before hand on the NASRPC website & FB page. There aren't any competitions before the international event. There are many competitions throughout the year all over the country.
    Harbour House Sports Club is not much more than an hour from Dublin down the N7 and turn off at Kildare, Nurney. Your be made very welcome by one and all there. And you'll be taken around the range and given FREE tuition in all the Gallery Rifle matches. As well as training and coaching, again all free.

Today was the first test run of our 22 bay turning target system and it went very well. This will be used in the upcoming International comps.

Thank you so much clivej.

• Advertisement

Just registered.
    Any particular type of ammo that needs to be used? hp/sub sonic etc?

Well I'd say whatever runs through your firearm without jamming and accuracy after.

No point have accurate ammo if it don't cycle the action.

I use CCI standard mainly, works well.

Just registered.
    Any particular type of ammo that needs to be used? hp/sub sonic etc?

All OK to use

Just registered.

Not sure if you have shot before in any of the Gallery comps. or not.

Make sure you have enough loaded magazines on your body, you can't pick up from the ground, chair or table.

Know the details your shooting ---- starting position, the procedure at each distance, the timings etc.

PM me if you need any or more info

There is a classification system in place where you only shoot against people of your own SKILL level. On your first match, in each detail, you will shoot into your class. This is so you won't be shooting against the best shooters, unless your real good and shoot into X class.
    X class the best shooters, then A class, B class, C, D etc. Medals for each class so everyone has a fair chance of winning a medal.

Dinner is available each day @€;6 & the sh!te talk is free

• Advertisement

260 competitors registered in the International as of today. People from the UK already arrived on Monday with more arriving today. Shooters from the UK, Wales, Scotland, and Germany coming over for the weekend.

Aim small and tight groups, Safe and good shooting to everyone competing

I'd just like to say.

As a total outsider, I turned up and entered a few events on Friday.
    Everyone there, without exception, was so friendly,warm and helpful.

It was somewhat daunting as a first timer, but I really enjoyed it and hope to be back out soon.

Special thanks to clivej for his introductions, wisdom, and loan of magazines.
    T

Any update when scores will be released?

they're up now.
    yippee I made it to the top of a D class (only one other competitor lol)

http://nasrpc.ie/2016-irish-open-international-results/

they're up now.
    yippee I made it to the top of a D class (only one other competitor lol)[/quote]

Did you shoot many events?

Well your D class now but you will soon move up the ranking you more you practice and enter comps.

And as long as you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

Well done, delighted you enjoyed it. Stick with it and you'll surprise yourself. .22lr is a gateway drug.

Advertisement