Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Allowance Information

Options
  • 26-03-2024 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am going to apply for Carers, it says on the Internet it takes up to 6 weeks for a decision to be made. Before a decision is made. A TD in the Dail said also it is 6 weeks waiting list to get Carers Allowance. Is this true? is the waiting time 6 weeks or is it longer?

Also I have medical card currently, will I lose the medical card if I receive carers allowance. Does anyone know. I know u r entitled to gp card on carers. But if you have medical card before you receive carers allowance, can you keep your medical card?.

I am on jobseekers allowance currently. Do I stay on that to wait for my decision to come through. If I am on jobseekers allowance while I waiting. Someone told me you can, they know someone that did.

Any information I would be so grateful. My father is 89 and he is very sick and my mother is 84 and also ill. I am going to be their full time carer. Hopefully the process is not to long and complex.

Post edited by Silke007 on

Advertisement