Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Survivor

Options

Comments

Well we both know how well they do reality TV down under Mr. E I might be willing to give this a go. Haven't watched Survivor in 10 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This looks good. The attempt the Aussies made to do Survivor years ago wasn't great, but they've learned a lot about making good Reality TV since then so should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Premiere is the 21st of August

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Piss poor trailer but wont say no to more Survivor, thanks for the tip.

In case anyones wondering the next American Survivor is Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X and it starts on September 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

2 seasons of Survivor and an online season of Big Brother all running concurrently.

This should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What channel is it on?

seligehgit wrote: »
    What channel is it on?

Ten in Australia

Ten in Australia

Spotted that,is that available here?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Spotted that,is that available here?

Unfortunately not. The only channel that would potentially pick it up over here is TG4, but if they do it'll probably be well after it has originally aired - don't think any of the UK stations show regular Survivor, so unlikely they'll go for the Aussie version.

It'll most likely be available on all the usual online methods of questionable legality and that we're not allowed to discuss here... ;)

Unfortunately not. The only channel that would potentially pick it up over here is TG4, but if they do it'll probably be well after it has originally aired - don't think any of the UK stations show regular Survivor, so unlikely they'll go for the Aussie version.

It'll most likely be available on all the usual online methods of questionable legality and that we're not allowed to discuss here... ;)

That's what I thought.;)

• Advertisement

Even if it was being shown on tv Id still wait for it in the usual places, Ive stayed up and streamed the final a couple of times but never again, the amount of ads is actually insane. Australian tv not much better.

First episode was great, there's a good mix of characters in there - don't want to say much in case people haven't realised it has started yet, but it's using the US format, so it's the Survivor we know and love. The host even looks pretty similar to Jeff Probst.

Episode 2 is on tomorrow and it looks like they'll be doing two a week (Sundays and Mondays - just as an FYI, because Australia are ahead of us time wise, the episodes tend to be out pretty early in the day)...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enjoyed that a lot. It's authentic Survivor, down to the music, titles, cinematography, challenges and format.

LaPaglia has obviously being studying Probst too. He did a great job.

Hopefully they introduce some idols and stuff to shake things up and add some more drama.

I knew after 20 minutes who would be going home, and I was right. :)

The second episode was decent too. Looks like immunity idols start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Wasn't a big fan of the first episode, really enjoyed the second

It looks like they're upping to 3 episodes a week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)

Wow! Episode 5 - even I was blindsided on this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was a great episode. The whole tribal was just one shock after another. Great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just started watching the first episode...55days :eek:...there'll be nothing left of them!

Much better already than the very first Australian survivor series (wouldn't be hard to beat that though!)

The last few episodes have been great. The lies and scheming (and backtracking) around the idols, the drama at the challenges (particularly the tower building), the stupidity of wearing an idol at tribal, the switcheroo combined tribal in episode 5.

It makes the last season of US Survivor look tired and jaded.

The Aussies know how to do reality TV really well.

I have a feeling that the best is yet to come.

• Advertisement

Difficult to follow this thread as I've no idea what the most recent episode is. 6? 7?

Is there anyway we can highlight how far people are along or is there a consistent schedule now?

While I appreciate they've stuck closely to the tried and tested formula I can't say I'm overly happy with the deviations unlike others.

Let's see if I make it to the seasons end. Will be difficult when the US version returns.

3 a week for this week and next week anyway.

http://epguides.com/AustralianSurvivor/

Episode 6 was yesterday and Episode 7 has probably just aired in Australia (so will be here later today).

Just can't get into this for some reason.

God I hate Nick, really comes across like such an assh0le.

What I like about this version is that not only are the episodes longer so we get to know the castaways a bit more early on, but because the season is also longer and there's 3 episodes a week, there's much more room for twists and turns in the game. Not that any incarnation can ever be as good as the US version, but this holds up pretty well alongside it.

I much prefer the shorter abridged version.

The pre merge part of the show can always be a bit of a slog and this felt more so than usual. I guess we are really only at Day 1 of a survivor US season know which is interesting given we are familiar with mist the cast.

The aussies really know how to drag the **** out of a reality show format. It's too much for me.

A few twists and red herrings could easily have been left on the editing floor. An episode without a tribal, medevac or quit feels like a uneccesary indulgence.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I much prefer the shorter abridged version.

The pre merge part of the show can always be a bit of a slog and this felt more so than usual. I guess we are really only at Day 1 of a survivor US season know which is interesting given we are familiar with mist the cast.

The aussies really know how to drag the **** out of a reality show format. It's too much for me.

A few twists and red herrings could easily have been left on the editing floor. An episode without a tribal, medevac or quit feels like a uneccesary indulgence.

For me more Survivor is never a bad thing - especially as it's not replacing the US version or anything, it's in addition to it, and I've watched Survivor from Season 1, I've re-watched seasons, I've played some really good online versions of the game, so I love it and the more Survivor the better for me.

I'm quite enjoying it. I'm looking forward to the days Kat and Nick are voted out, both are pretty sh1t people. I'm enjoying everyone else on it bar them.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm quite enjoying it. I'm looking forward to the days Kat and Nick are voted out, both are pretty sh1t people. I'm enjoying everyone else on it bar them.

I don't mind Kat or Nick - they're not my favourites but they're interesting characters. Rohan and Phoebe are the only ones this season that I really haven't liked at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen in any iteration of the game ever, buffoon.

55 days is obscene, those that make it that far will end up having ptsd.

I like Christie and Nick but Lee looks a good bet for the win.

Advertisement