Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Godfather Part 3

Options
  • 04-09-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just finished watching The Godfather Part 3. Nicolas Cage was in the credits but never noticed him in the film. Does anyone know what role he played in the movie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

didnt know that myself, but i do know that Nicolas Cage is Francis Ford Coppolas nephew!

so i imagine it was a very minor part, nepotism at its best!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

he got edited out mysteriously he had a small role...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

Accoring to this random forum thread a man called Nicholas Gage was an executive producer for the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 R1221

Went back and and checked the credits again, Your right it is Nicholas Gage. easy mistake given the font used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

even cage appearing couldnt make it any worse of a film(......no wait it could), sadly they should have stopped at 2 which was the best IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I actually liked it at lot, especially the Vatican politics in the plot. It also reflected how times had changed in the real world, how Sicily became "civilized", compared to the wild country it was before. The opera within the film, Cavalleria Rusticana, encapsulated that nicely: to see a little of the old Sicily, rich people go to a theatre. Michael Corleone had a romantic dream of "giving something back" to the old country, but it took from him, instead. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I think it was good how it showed the decline of the Corleone dynasty, and the introduction of modern day times into the trilogy; it sort of put the final nail in the coffin of the "old days" and everything that went with that. It has a nice tragic end which leaves the viewer with a bit of a heavy heart and a feeling of nostalgia for the periods depicted in the previous two films.

It had that effect on me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

maybe for me it didnt help that andy garcia was in it, never warmed to him for whatever reason..:(

Advertisement