Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I predict this being delayed by 6 months to a year and them filming both parts back to back? Both Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman were delayed. I would say it depends on the dates of the next Star Wars film considering that has already been put back.

Also a bit disappointed that there is no talk of a Green Arrow being cast or a Martian Manhunter. If they are bringing the Green Lantern corp into this then I don't see why he cant play a part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Not overly inspiring that The Flash's emblem backwards in the promo pic....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Another image of The Flash costume in the background, as well as concept art for Mira.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I know Darkseid has been thrown around to be the movie's villain, but I find it interesting that the films working title is Caveman.. What if Darkseid is a smoke screen and they actually decide to go with Vandal Savage as the main villain..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know Darkseid has been thrown around to be the movie's villain, but I find it interesting that the films working title is Caveman.. What if Darkseid is a smoke screen and they actually decide to go with Vandal Savage as the main villain..

He wouldn't have been allowed to be used in the DC Legends of tomorrow TV show if that was the case.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TonyD79 wrote: »
    He wouldn't have been allowed to be used in the DC Legends of tomorrow TV show if that was the case.

I don't see why not, they aren't related at all. If anything it's providing folks who wouldn't be in the know an introduction to the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't see why not, they aren't related at all. If anything it's providing folks who wouldn't be in the know an introduction to the character.

Given that characters haven't been allowed to be used in Arrow or the Flash or have been killed off because of upcoming involvement in movies I wouldn't be surprised. DC's policy with this seems to be 'people are stupid and won't understand how there can be two different versions of a character' with the notable exception of the Flash.

Plus people have already been complaining he is a weak villain to base the whole series on. I would prefer Brainiac myself for the first film.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Darkseid is the reason the Justice League is formed in most origin stories, I think Doomsday is the smoke screen in Batman vs Superman.

IMO Darkseid or Parademons will show up in BvS at some stage may even be an attack on Atlantis involved which is why Aquaman is written in already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm disappointed that Snyder is still involved.

I would have any director instead of him (within reason, not Bay or Schumacher).

I see this film being delayed too, depending on the reaction to BvS, there could be a lot of rewriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Personally I like Snyder so long as someone else is writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭techdiver

Otacon wrote: »
    Personally I like Snyder so long as someone else is writing.

Exactly and I think Terrio will be brought back for this. Affleck will probably have a lot of creative involvement also.

EDIT: I believe Terrio has already completed the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Saw on a wonder woman announcement that there are two untitled DC movies penned for 05.10.2018 and 01.11.2019. Got to think one of those will be batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They'd be crazy not to. I think I read that they'd only signed Ben up for BvS & both Justice League films. Given the overwhelmingly positive feedback Affleck has gotten, they're no doubt proceeding with a solo film and probably signing him up for cameos in other films.

A Batman solo film written by Affleck & Geoff Johns (don't really care if Affleck directs or not) could be spectacular.

I pretty much hate Geoff Johns but if Affleck was directing, I'd be more open to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Penn wrote: »
    Given the overwhelmingly positive feedback Affleck has gotten

Really? The movie's pretty much been universally slated has it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

smash wrote: »
    Really? The movie's pretty much been universally slated has it not?

The movie, maybe yes. Affleck himself has been generally seen as one of the few plus points in terms of performance and a very good batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The movie, maybe yes. Affleck himself has been generally seen as one of the few plus points in terms of performance and a very good batman.

I can't comment on him as batman because I didn't go to see the movie after the reviews. I really didn't enjoy him as daredevil though. I think he's a great director but I've actually rarely enjoyed his acting since he did the Kevin Smith movies.

I can't comment on him as batman because I didn't go to see the movie after the reviews. I really didn't enjoy him as daredevil though. I think he's a great director but I've actually rarely enjoyed his acting since he did the Kevin Smith movies.

I despised BvS but Affleck's performance as Batman was easily the best of his career and, imo, elevated him to the best Batman so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think he was a good Daredevil in a bad Daredevil film.

He has always had the acting chops, he's just picked a hell of a lot of bad roles. But even still, over the past 10 years between directing and taking much better roles, he's become a terrific actor. For me, he's the best Batman yet. He completely nailed the role and character. Although I had strong issues with BvS, he wasn't one of them.

With Warner Bros. & DC snatching up J.K Simmons, they've now gone and added another Spider-Man alumni in Willem Dafoe to the cast of Justice League Part 1.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/04/19/spider-mans-willem-dafoe-joins-justice-league-cast/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Playing a "good guy" as well which is interesting, though could be a swerve.

Ben Affleck named executive producer for Justice League Part 1

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/06/justice-league-adds-ben-affleck-as-executive-producer/

Thread Merge. This thread will now serve as the go to for talk of all upcoming DCEU movies. Please use spoiler tags.

Nicked from the the DC Extended Universe sub reddit, some open slots in the Warner/DC schedule
    October 5, 2018 Untitled DC Film
    November 1, 2019 Untitled DC Film
    TBD Untitled Harley Quinn (I guess) Film
    TBD Untitled Booster Gold Solo Film
    TBD Untitled Batman Solo Film
    TBD Untitled Superman Solo Film

Booster Gold... What a fcuking weird choice. I thought they'd previously announced a Green Lanterns film and a Captain Marvel Shazam film...?

Booster Gold... What a fcuking weird choice. I thought they'd previously announced a Green Lanterns film and a Captain Marvel Shazam film...?

They are there, the entire slate Warner & DC have lined up, again borrowed from the DC Extended Universe sub reddit.
    Aug 5, 2016 Suicide Squad
    June 23, 2017 Wonder Woman
    Nov 17, 2017 Justice League
    Mar 16, 2018 The Flash
    July 27, 2018 Aquaman
    October 5, 2018 Untitled DC Film
    Apr 5, 2019 Shazam
    June 14, 2019 Justice League 2
    November 1, 2019 Untitled DC Film
    Apr 3, 2020 Cyborg
    June 19, 2020 Green Lantern Corps
    TBD Untitled Harley Quinn (I guess) Film
    TBD Untitled Booster Gold Solo Film
    TBD Untitled Batman Solo Film
    TBD Untitled Superman Solo Film

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone else feel only a fraction of these films will actually see the light? Maybe Suicide Squad will give the dc films a shot in the arm, ditto Wonder Woman too I guess, but just don't feel theres the same sense of cohesive purpose from DC / Warner franchises that I do with the MCU. And that it'll only take one flop to set the plans unravelling.

Advertisement