Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great show but think you posted the wrong link. :)

Ah, ninja edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Great show but think you posted the wrong link. :)

Ah, ninja edit.

Looks like copying the link in the youtube app while an ad is playing, copies the link to the ad! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

wes wrote: »
    Already have a camera and one one move controller. Need to get a 2nd one at some point, but no one seems to have them new anymore, and rather not get a 2nd hand one.

Got two moves (new) online from gamestop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone seen the new thrustmaster Joystick for PS4 only out recently.

Looks identical to the older T.Flight HOTAS X just with a blue colour scheme.

The older one supports War Thunder, I have used it with my PS 4.

I hope they dont do the same as Logitech did with the G27 racing wheel and not support it anymore.

I want to use mine with Eve Valkryie.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »

Looks identical to the older T.Flight HOTAS X just with a blue colour scheme.

The older one supports War Thunder, I have used it with my PS 4.

I hope they dont do the same as Logitech did with the G27 racing wheel and not support it anymore.

I want to use mine with Eve Valkryie.

According to Reddit it's a decent bit better for the stick, dead zone is half what the X is and as well as the active area being better, also ye it's blue.

Sony are *considering* bringing PSVR to PC according to Masayasu Ito, Chief Executive of the Product Division and software design department of SCE, in an article on Japanese news site Nikkei:

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO98760930T20C16A3000000/?df=2

"Since Playstation 4 shares a lot of its internals with PCs, the possibility is there. At the moment we are focused on games and we are not ready to make any announcements at this stage, but I’d say there will be an expansion into various fields."

Translated version here:

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/28/sony-considering-playstation-vr-pc/

That would make the PSVR even better value for money for people who have PC's as well as the PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Who's making it, they closed the developer Evolution Studios.

If the PS4.5 is real and required it's going to be an expensive october may start saving now, goning to be an expensive october without the 4.5 even.

PS4.5
    Headset + camera
    Flightstick
    Wheel.

Can't wait for some war thunder VR, be more interested in that than in Ace combat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If that is indeed a PS4 running that, and it there's no/little pixelation in the headset, I'm sold. Imagine the possibilities for cockpit games...

• Advertisement

On a related note, the Logitech G29 is currently £179 on amazon, €350-400 most other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

driveclub and season pass for a tenner on psn too.....may have to invest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Hmm . Strange side effects reported ...are we real ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp72Szoae_I

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just Pre-Ordered on Amazon. Highly doubt I'll get it launch day now but surely before Christmas?

Had my heart set on the Vive but just cannot afford a new gaming rig on top of the price of the Vive so PSVR is what I've decided to go with.

If VR becomes the next big thing then I could potentially see PSVR coming out on top. Not because of graphics and performance, but because of the price point. PS4 costs (country dependent) around €400. PSVR with camera and controls included is about €500. Even altogether that costs half of what it would to get the best experience on the Vive/Oculus, where top notch PCs could potentially cost the full price of PS4 & PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was gonna pre order but I decided that I'm gonna wait to see what Argos comes up with first. Argos normally has fantastic deals at that time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm holding out for E3 before I pull the trigger on anything 4.5 of VR related purchases.

Has there been any inclination as to the price point for games on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has there been any inclination as to the price point for games on it?

They won't be able to charge full whack for the early VR games as they will be just tech glorified demos and nothing more. Just like the first Move games on the PS3.

The only full proper game with VR support announced so far is Ace Combat 7 and that can be played without VR if you want.

They won't be able to charge full whack for the early VR games as they will be just tech glorified demos and nothing more. Just like the first Move games on the PS3.

The only full proper game with VR support announced so far is Ace Combat 7 and that can be played without VR if you want.

Theres far more than that: Eve Valkriye, Gran Turismo Sport, War Thunder, project Cars, Drive Club, RIGS, Trackmania turbo, Ark: Survival Evolved

• Advertisement

Trackmania Turbo is going to get VR?

Holy sh1t. That's pretty much a guaranteed purchase for me. That game is absolutely bananas - Trackmania. I'm sure Turbo will be madness too.

Moto Racer 4 will have PSVR Support:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1523149/moto-racer-4-will-have-vr-capability-watch-the-trailer

Not much to go on from the trailer but I reckon this woule be an awesome VR Expeirence, getting serious air on jumps and weaning in and out of traffic.

"Statik is a Virtual Reality game about technology, perception and puzzles.
    To discover more, visit http://statik.institute/"

It's confirmed that the developers of Bound are working on the title for PSVR:

• Advertisement

Advertisement