Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbathing, Swimming Naked

• 06-04-2016 7:09pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Does anyone else love the sheer freedom of swimming and sunbathing in the nip? I regularly visit my sister in Amsterdam and there are several places where you can swim in the nude. I've also been to gay resorts in the Canaries where lounging around the swimming pool is clothing optional - and in pretty much all cases the guys chose to go au naturel.

So would you swim and sunbathe in your birthday suit? Do you sleep in the nip?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You lost me at gay resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Cayden Gifted Font

No. Imagine getting sunburned somewhere you should never get sunburned?
    I wouldn't be comfortable with that at all. Ain't nobody wanna see that sight either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i already look like a wet carpet emerging from the water, no-one wants to see this wet and fully naked!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, Im gay. And I go to gay resorts. Did you know that there's a place in Dalkey where you can swim in the Irish Sea in the nude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well, Im gay. And I go to gay resorts. Did you know that there's a place in Dalkey where you can swim in the Irish Sea in the nude?

Yes, but are there naked lesbians? Let's cut to the chase here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

too many willies for my liking.. but do what makes you smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Cayden Gifted Font

In fairness if they're in Dalkey and clambering out of the Irish Sea I doubt you'd see much penis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

smash wrote: »

You hung around for the sight-seeing tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In fairness if they're in Dalkey and clambering out of the Irish Sea I doubt you'd see much penis

Except that it's in Sandycove not Dalkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,395 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Why the gay resort particularly?
    If it was men or women only fair enough,but why gay?

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Why the gay resort particularly?
    If it was men or women only fair enough,but why gay?

It's exclusively for gay men. Plenty of resorts are. I suppose many gay guys feel more comfortable there. Hanging out with other gay men and checking out each other's bodies. A lot of the lads who hang out at the pool end up back in each others rooms later for you know what.

It's exclusively for gay men. Plenty of resorts are. I suppose many gay guys feel more comfortable there. Hanging out with other gay men and checking out each other's bodies. A lot of the lads who hang out at the pool end up back in each others rooms later for you know what.

You're assuming I know what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Pizza, bong, playstation?

Boskowski wrote: »
    Playstation?

Buckaroo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

murpho999 wrote: »
    Except that it's in Sandycove not Dalkey.

:eek: That's why everyone was staring at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Absolutely, I find the concept of a swimming custume ridicolous, you go back to the towel in a wet pair of shorts and then get the towel soaked and have to carry two wet items back with you.

Why bother ?

I come out bollockers and dry off in the sun, towel is dry at the end of the day too.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night..

...and nakedness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I would love to go naked but they would probably call the cops on me.

I have sunbathed topless in my back garden a few times and also when very drunk one night went out in my garden in the rain and took off my clothes and rolled about on the grass............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

A lot of the lads who hang out at the pool end up back in each others rooms later for you know what.

HIV?

Go au natuerel as often as possible. It's so liberating and frankly life's too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

biko wrote: »
    Nightswimming deserves a quiet night..

...and nakedness

I'm not sure all these people understand, it's not like years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Is it actually prohibited here? (Heard rumours that you're not allowed to sunbathe topless or nude, but never seen any actual proof of it.)

Where I'm from, it's perfectly normal to hang out at a beach topless or nude, but for all those glorious moments you also have moments of horror - I'll never forget spotting my old geography teacher in the nip at a beach at home :eek::eek::eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Do men go around with boners all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

smash wrote: »

Pools closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

The Raptor wrote: »
    Do men go around with boners all the time?

nope its actually frowned upon.
    Im a regular to a fkk beach, and its great. NO KIDS. no shouting no screaming. no puke, ****, diapers, trikes, plastic sancastles etc. Just nice and calm. People walking around, swimming around drinking around eating around in a natural environment.

If you havent tried an adult only break, I can highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I'll pass on the offer. The last thing people want to see are my flabby bits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

With the average Irish summer being 12 degrees, rain and a gale that will cut you in two, I prefer a tight fitting hat, fleece, wind and rainproof jacket, jeans and sturdy shoes.
    Going nude is just an invitation to pneumonia here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Is there much sunbathing to be done in Amsterdam? It wouldn't be top of my list of cities to look for an all over tan? Is the aul riding / looking for the ride not a bigger draw the hanging the frank and beans out in the fresh North Sea air? A fair few patrons you said....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I went night swimming with a girl I was once seeing. We jumped over the fence of a wellness center, got our clothes off and went swimming in their outdoor pool. It was still heated and had a nice mist floating on top, quite romantic. Security spotted us and we had to leg it, grab our clothes and jump over the fence. Top of the fence had barbed wire, I slipped and tore myself from the groin to the knee. I was an inch from losing a ball, way too close for comfort :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

jester77 wrote: »
    I went night swimming with a girl I was once seeing. We jumped over the fence of a wellness center, got our clothes off and went swimming in their outdoor pool. It was still heated and had a nice mist floating on top, quite romantic. Security spotted us and we had to leg it, grab our clothes and jump over the fence. Top of the fence had barbed wire, I slipped and tore myself from the groin to the knee. I was an inch from losing a ball, way too close for comfort :eek:

That's why Jesus gave us a backup.

Advertisement