Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clutch - Earth Rocker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Kess73 wrote: »
    Been similarities in how they and Clutch sound for three or four albums now.

Hell they even look a little like they should be in Clutch :D

lionizeband2014_638.jpg

Plus with their new album, they have become the first artists that are not Clutch or Clutch band members to get a release through Weathermaker Music.

Plus the new album has been co produced by a member of Clutch and by Machine (who produced Earth Rocker).

So if they did not sound like Clutch after all that I would have been amazed. :)

I'm just surprised that after all that they haven't copped that Clutch are already doing Clutch.

Its the lyrics that irk me more so than the musical style. Seems very forced. Neil Fallon is so great at the abstract lyrics, but they are still razor sharp and funny. Those lyrics seem to be trying to do the abstract thing but without Neil's wit.

I get that all bands have influences and I have no problem with bands wearing them on their sleeves, its when they loiterally trying to climb into the other bands clothes that it annoys me.*

*terrible clothes metaphor ends here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm just surprised that after all that they haven't copped that Clutch are already doing Clutch.

Its the lyrics that irk me more so than the musical style. Seems very forced. Neil Fallon is so great at the abstract lyrics, but they are still razor sharp and funny. Those lyrics seem to be trying to do the abstract thing but without Neil's wit.

I get that all bands have influences and I have no problem with bands wearing them on their sleeves, its when they loiterally trying to climb into the other bands clothes that it annoys me.*

*terrible clothes metaphor ends here

They do sound like Clutch at times, but a lot of their stuff sounds nothing like Clutch.

What they are though is a really good live act, and will be an excellent crowd warmer in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Yeah Lionize are a great band, love their stuff especially their more reggae based stuff, the space pope album is probably my favourite.

Yeah Lionize are a great band, love their stuff especially their more reggae based stuff, the space pope album is probably my favourite.

Space Pope is a good listen alright.

Do think they are the perfect support act to have for Clutch though.

Their stuff that sounds nowt like Clutch is good enough to be enjhoyed by a Clutch crowd, and their stuff that sounds like Clutch will just get the crowd even more in the mood for the headliners.

Am really looking forward to this gig as I would be a big fan of both bands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Clutch and Lionize are doing a spilt 7" release for Record Store Day this year, apparently:

"Limited edition Record Store Day split 7" between Clutch and Lionize both with new unreleased songs!

A. Clutch - Run, John Barleycorn, Run
    B. Lionize - Ether Madness"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This day next week :)

This day next week :)

Cannot wait for next weekend.

Clutch/Lionize in Dublin on the Friday night, then back home to Liverpool for the final game of the season on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

There BACK!!!!!!!!

Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on Friday, 20 November
    Belfast Limelight - Sat 21 November

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭zonular

LIFTS JAW FROM FLOOR................................Punches air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Are they not supporting Mastodon?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Are they not supporting Mastodon?

Nope , doing their own show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Awesome, didn't catch their last show and have been listening to them and Red Fang on heavy rotation lately.

And it's a Friday gig too, sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Definitely seeing them again. Last time they were out of this world. Some band!!! :D

Two standing tickets in the bag, cannot wait for this!

As an aside, the Ticketmaster site is actually getting worse.

:mad:

Two standing tickets in the bag, cannot wait for this!

As an aside, the Ticketmaster site is actually getting worse.

:mad:

The joys of being a broke student :( Have to wait for another while to grab a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mate picked up some tickets this morning, shall be one he'll of a gig...again!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

NEW CLUTCH ALBUM NEWS, Titled Psychic Warfare, and drops in September.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-05-20/clutch-name-11th-album-psychic-warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Saw Clutch lastnight in Torhout, Belgium. Absolutely insane gig, great set, and they played three new songs, "Firebirds", "X-Ray Vision", and "Sons of VA", and all of them were awesome.

To top it off I met the band, well except for Tim, and they are the nicest bunch of guys. Full of chat, very relaxed, happy to sign autographs and take photos. Considering flying home for the gigs in November now!

• Advertisement

Saw Clutch lastnight in Torhout, Belgium. Absolutely insane gig, great set, and they played three new songs, "Firebirds", "X-Ray Vision", and "Sons of VA", and all of them were awesome.

To top it off I met the band, well except for Tim, and they are the nicest bunch of guys. Full of chat, very relaxed, happy to sign autographs and take photos. Considering flying home for the gigs in November now!

How would the new songs compare to Earthrocker material? Heard live version of one new one, I loved it so thinking it could be a belter, and hoping album follows suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Mushy wrote: »
    How would the new songs compare to Earthrocker material? Heard live version of one new one, I loved it so thinking it could be a belter, and hoping album follows suit.

Both "Firebirds" and "X-Ray Vision" were absolute belters, huge choruses. "Sons of VA" was a more stripped back affair but excellent as well. Album is definitely out in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Will be watching these lads in a few hours time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Am really tempted to go see them in November.

Am really tempted to go see them in November.

Listen to the Devil sitting on your shoulder Hugo, buy a ticket and go

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Listen to the Devil sitting on your shoulder Hugo, buy a ticket and go

That same Devil tells me to hurt people too though! :D

*He doesn't really!

Tickets have been purchased! Can't fuppin' wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya these lads were only exceptional at DL justified their spot on the bill unlike FFDP who followed them...not getting tickets to the Dublin gig I fear would be foolish roll on next payday.

Psychic Warfare track listing, being released on October 2nd.

1 The Affidavit
    2 X-Ray Visions
    3 Firebirds
    4 A Quick Death in Texas
    5 Sucker For The Witch
    6 Your Love is Incarceration
    7 Doom Saloon
    8 Our Lady of Electric Light
    9 Noble Savage Clutch
    10 Behold the Colossus
    11 Decapitation Blues
    12 Son Of Virginia

• Advertisement

Tough birthday for me, having to get my hands on a new Clutch album!

Advertisement