Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Wolves American Football Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭decies

dzilla wrote: »
    #LetsAvit

Gameday. Let's go Wolves Let's go!!

A large crowd were at the RSC Sunday to cheer on the Waterford Wolves as they took on the Cork Admirals in a 2pm KO. While the sun shone brightly over head unfortunately lady luck did not shine on the wolves as the admirals were first to strike following confusion in the special teams unit. Under the guidance of Steve Hayes QB of the admirals, they soon managed to establish a strong passing game. Wolves did however get on the board following good work by Franklin Tchiofo to give 6 points to the Waterford side. Final score at the RSC Waterford Wolves 6 Cork Admirals 33. Next home game 19 April V Dundalk Mavericks. Podcast of Game here: http://opentemposss.podbean.com/e/cork-admirals-waterford-wolves-iafl-conference-1-22315/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭dzilla

decies wrote: »
    A large crowd were at the RSC Sunday to cheer on the Waterford Wolves as they took on the Cork Admirals in a 2pm KO. While the sun shone brightly over head unfortunately lady luck did not shine on the wolves as the admirals were first to strike following confusion in the special teams unit. Under the guidance of Steve Hayes QB of the admirals, they soon managed to establish a strong passing game. Wolves did however get on the board following good work by Franklin Tchiofo to give 6 points to the Waterford side. Final score at the RSC Waterford Wolves 6 Cork Admirals 33. Next home game 19 April V Dundalk Mavericks. Podcast of Game here: http://opentemposss.podbean.com/e/cork-admirals-waterford-wolves-iafl-conference-1-22315/

#WeGoAgain

The 0-1 Waterford Wolves are back in action this Sunday at the RSC where they take on the 1-1 Dundalk Mavericks in a 2pm KO. A large crowd is expected to cheer on the Wolves for hopefully their first win of the season. The weather is set fair so please come out and support the lads. The game will be broadcast online via the Open Tempo sports app, available now both for ios and android. #youcantbeatliveamericanfootball

#GoWolfPack

• Advertisement

#GoWolfPack

A large crowd turned out today to cheer on the Waterford Wolves in a sun drenched RSC as they took on the Dundalk Mavericks . The Mavericks got off to a flying start when a great run by their QB lead to a 70 plus rushing TD. Not to be outdone the Wolves heads weren't bowed and they fought back bravely following a interception by DB Ryan Byrne lead to a TD 7/7. The Mavericks took the lead again thanks to good work by their QB. Following a great throw by Ryan Byrne to Mark Dunphy Wolves levelled it up 14/14. Then with time running out in the game Mark Dunphy had a 23 yard FG to win it which he duely obliged . . Final score at the RSC Waterford Wolves 17 Dundalk Mavericjks 14. Let's go Wolves!!

http://www.irishtv.ie/waterford-matters-26/

Nice to see Waterford Wolves featured here!!

A Large Crowd is expected at the RSC Sunday 2pm as the Waterford Wolves host the Meath Bulldogs in a crucial Iafl 1 clash. The home side will be up against Quality QB Eddie McMahon and star RB Pete McMahon. The Wolves will be hoping Mark Dunphy will continue his MVP form from the previous game, and with a improving offence and a reliable defence will be looking to shade it in what promises to be a close encounter.The game will be broadcast live on OpenTempo FM Sport via their website and the Open Tempo Sports APP. Please note this is the 3rd of only 4 home games so second last chance to cheer the lads on. ‪#‎youjustcantbeatliveamericanfootball

#theRealDeal

Waterford Wolves and their fans travelled the long road to Mullingar Sunday to take on the Minotaurs. Wolves got off to bright start following a brilliant rushing TD by Ryan Byrne and the extra point by Mark Dunphy . They soon followed that up by good work by Brian Sullivan for another rushing TD , the extra point attempt was blocked to leave Wolves leading 13/0. Some good play by the minotaurs QB lead to a converted TD. Going into the half the Wolves lead 13/7. As the game went on the Mullingar outfit started to figure it out more, putting the Wolves defense under severe strain. Following good work by Lee Butler the Waterford Lads held out for the W and go 2/2 for the season. Let's go Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

How much is it to get into the home games and when is the next one?

Last home game 28 of June 2pm RSC V Tyrone Titans ,back pitch . No charge for any of games.

Waterford Wolves travelled the long road to navan on Sunday to take on the Meath Bulldogs. From the very first play DB Ryan Byrne intercepted a throw from Bulldogs QB and ran in for the TD . Mark Dunphy kicked the extra point 7/0 Waterford Wolves .Later on in the half the wolves were pinned down near their end zone , a bad snap over Mark Dunphys head lead to a safety and 2 points . Half time . Wolves 7/ Bulldogs 2. The second half was a offensive struggle on both sides , with some notable good defence by the Wolves. Final score Wolves 7/ Bulldogs 2. . Wolves go 3/2 on the season and next play the cork admirals away. Full report on Game in Munster Express.

It's another Cork v Waterford clash on Sunday at 2pm as the Waterford Wolves meet the Cork Admirals in the rebel county . This is a tough match up for the Waterford side as they face a determined and undefeated Cork outfit . A large crowd is expected to travel to cheer the Wolves on.

The 3/2 Wolves travelled to Mahon outside Cork to take on the undefeated 5/0 admirals more in hope than expectation last Sunday. The weather was bright and sunny but that was as good as it got for the Waterford outfit .
    The Admirals QB was in electric form and two early TD's meant the wolves were on the back foot straight away. The admirals continued to have succes through the air leading to a 32/0 HT SCORE. The wolves defence improved in the second half as the Admirals tried to run the ball instead of throwing it. Some good possessions followed for the Wolves put they couldn't get the breakthrough the improved performance deserved . The Admirals began to assert themselves later in the game and this time managed to run the ball into the end zone. Final score Admirals 45 / Wolves 0. Next up Sunday week ,wolves last game at home to the Tyrone Titans.

Next Sunday the 28th the 3/3 Waterford Wolves American Football Team take on the 5/1 Tyrone Titans in the RSC with a 2pm KO. This is a crucial game for the Wolves to maintain their promotion push. As this is the last Home game of the season please come out and support the lads. No admission charge . Pitch is up and right from new stand.#youcantbeatliveamericanfootball #letsgowolves

A large crowd turned up at the RSC more in hope than any expectation as the 3/3 Wolves took on the 5/1 Tyrone Titans. From the very first series of plays Wolves QB Ryan Byrne connected with Mark Dunphy for a 35 yard TD. The kick was good wolves led 7-0. Shortly after Byrne again intercepted the Titans QB to take it to the 7 yard line. This time Byrne took it over the line and the kick was converted, Wolves led 14-0. Second quarter began with Byrne in the shotgun formation took the snap and sent a laser pass to Eoin Reinhardt . TD Wolves the kick was missed and remarkably the Wolves led 20-0 before half time. The second half was less eventful except for Wolves MVP Mark Dunphy who managed 4 interceptions. Final score Wolves 20 Titans 0. Full Match report in News and Star and Munster Express . Next game is the last Regular Game of the season away to Dundalk Sunday 5th of July. Game live on open tempo sports app from 1.45 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Im not surprised they got beat so badly......they were on the piss out in Tramore the night before :D Funny fellas, I guess my Go Wolves shout put them off their game and not the copious amount of alcohol they consumed :P

The Wolves and their loyal legions of fans made the long trip to Dundalk last Sunday to take on the Mavericks knowing that win and they would be going to the playoffs . The Mavericks had the best defence in the league and points were going to be at a premium .And that's how it turned out under leaden skies the wolves offence struggled to break down a resilant Dundalk outfit . No score at half time , during which the weather deteriorated and thunder and lighting forced the teams off for over a hour . After the resumption the wolves offence eventually got going . A field goal attempt was then converted by Mark Dunphy to give the Waterford outfit a 3/0 lead. Late in the game the Mavericks had a FG attempt which went wide left . Final score wolves 3 mavericks 0. Wolves end their regular season with a 5/3 record and are on to the playoffs where they will be away in Tyrone or Navan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Now that the NFL season is but a distant memory, we move on from that unforgettable Super Bowl and concentrate on the local scene with the Waterford Wolves, front and centre. This Sunday 2pm the RSC Waterford is the place to be as Wolves take on the Cork Admirals in their first iafl 1 game of the season on the back pitch to the right of new stand. A huge crowd is expected to turn out to roar on the wolves against what promises to be a tough opponent from Cork. The forecast is good so get out and support your local American Football Heroes, while your out there,say hello to those charming men from Open Tempo Sport who will be broadcasting the game live online via their Open Tempo Sports App.Lets go Wolves,Lets go.
    I tried watching the Superbowl once. Watching a bowl of soup would have been more interesting. What is exciting about a sport where everyone dresses up like Michelin men, and takes a break for ads every five minutes? I hope the live game is a bit better than that.

• Advertisement

katydid wrote: »
    I tried watching the Superbowl once. Watching a bowl of soup would have been more interesting. What is exciting about a sport where everyone dresses up like Michelin men, and takes a break for ads every five minutes? I hope the live game is a bit better than that.

#GoWolves

#GoWolves

Great defence of the game there, pal...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

It's a strange game alright. Never could warm to it myself and have attended one of the Wolves games before so have seen it live.

I think it is great though that it has gained such popularity in Waterford and the game I was at had a very good following.

Seems really well organised too so hopefully it will continue to grow in Waterford.

Thanks PAL

Good grief a conversation in the Wolves Thread. A lot of the problems stem from the fact that most of us were brought up under the influence of the likes of soccer and Gaa. It can be hard sometimes to think that's all there is out there . I myself like many sports many of those are so called minority ones but American Football is probably my favourite . It can be difficult to get Irish people to go to games here but Waterford Wolves get more fans than majority of any teams in Ireland. I recommend people to try to find out more about how the game is played, and come out to the RSC next year to see them play .

Good grief a conversation in the Wolves Thread. A lot of the problems stem from the fact that most of us were brought up under the influence of the likes of soccer and Gaa. It can be hard sometimes to think that's all there is out there . I myself like many sports many of those are so called minority ones but American Football is probably my favourite . It can be difficult to get Irish people to go to games here but Waterford Wolves get more fans than majority of any teams in Ireland. I recommend people to try to find out more about how the game is played, and come out to the RSC next year to see them play .

Not sure if you could term it a conversation!

As I said, from the outside all I see is Michelin men running around and stopping every five minutes. It seems really slow moving and boring compared to other field sports. Especially compared to rugby...

But whatever rocks your boat...

Good news for Waterford Wolves fans with Meath Bulldogs beating Tyrone Titans today , and thanks to a over complicated way of deciding how to sort out tied teams , Wolves finish second in their division so have a home playoff game next Sunday 2pm in RSC against the Meath Bulldogs . Please come out and support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not sure if you could term it a conversation!

As I said, from the outside all I see is Michelin men running around and stopping every five minutes. It seems really slow moving and boring compared to other field sports. Especially compared to rugby...

But whatever rocks your boat...

The live games are better. Problem with 'Merica is everything is money orientated. Especially the Superbowl. With the live games, the only time it stops (like on TV) is for the half time break. Other than that, it's play after play. It does have a very start/stop feel to it, but so does Rugby. Head down to the next game and see. Also no harm in youtubing a quick intro to American Football video.

Right let's get the biggest crowd out to the RSC this Sunday 2pm for the crucial playoff game against the Meath Bulldogs . Let's go Wolves . Let's Go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Right let's get the biggest crowd out to the RSC this Sunday 2pm for the crucial playoff game against the Meath Bulldogs . Let's go Wolves . Let's Go.

Are they promoted if they win Sunday or do they have to play another game

Advertisement