Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating Forum Access Request.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Amazing87 wrote: »
    can i join please?

You need to have been a member of boards for 3 months and have 50 posts before we can give access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Can I have access please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Can I have access please. I was a regular poster before it became 'locked'
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 LaurenPam

Can i have access please

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭dubsaab

Can I have access please

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

LaurenPam wrote: »
    Can i have access please

You need to have at least 50 posts and be a member of Boards for 3 months. When you've reached 50 posts we'd be happy to grant you access.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can i get an invite? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Hi Please could I gain access? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Can I get access please?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Can I join, please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Can I join, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Can I join?
    Thanking you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

May I have access please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭LostArt

Can I have access please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi, I would like to have access to this forum too, please.

Thaanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Hi there guys,

May I have access to this thread please?

Thanks.
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hello,

Could I get access please?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Hi there - can I get access please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Hello,

Can I get access to the forum, please.

mrsoundie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Could I get access please ? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi all.

The mod team have removed the access of a large number of lurkers.

It is expected that anyone that gets access to the forum at least makes some kind of effort to contribute however there have been alot of grazers of late.

Please be advised, when access is granted, some level of interaction is expected.

Cheers!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Can I get access please to online dating thread

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Can I get access please to online dating thread

• Registered Users Posts: 40,726 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Why are the mods so strict with "lurkers"? And why when a poster applies for access to be reinstated do they have to wait 30 days?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Hi Joey,

As I said in my PM to you, you had not posted for 7 months so your access was removed.

There was a sticky at the top of the forum for a week advising that non posting members would have access removed and it quoted specifically the section from the charter, namely
    Members are expected to contribute - lurkers are not welcome. Access will be removed periodically for members who have not been posting - you are free to request access again when needed. Anyone suspected of posting occasionally just to keep access, will be removed. Of course we understand that you may want to take a break for a while - just PM a mod to request removal/return

There is little point in removing peoples access for non posting to simply give it back a couple of days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,726 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I still think it is ridiculously strict to refuse access for 30 days.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

If you had contributed to the forum or read the charter we wouldn't be here so bear that in mind when you get access back.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

would like access, if possible.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

would like access also pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭PatL23

Can i get access please?

Advertisement