Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Images of beauty (Tdar forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Robbed straight from the cycling forum. Post picks of your bikes here. My ride attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Nice bike Bryan, is that a compact crankset or a really long cranks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Isn't there already a thread for this ?

Briando wrote: »
    Nice bike Bryan, is that a compact crankset or a really long cranks?

No standard size cranks. Same as my road bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Robbed straight from the cycling forum. Post picks of your bikes here. My ride attached.

Sweet looking bike! Well you may wear.

Buried way down on page 11 is the original thread. Sure every kid gets excited at Christmas when Santa brings them a new bike ;)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056582574

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

All set for next year, had it out over christmas and love it :D
    Now its back on the turbo until spring :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Yes and merged now. Happy New Year to all with new steeds!

Yes and merged now. Happy New Year to all with new steeds!
    Might be a thread worth stickying along with the sbr challenge thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I'm really looking forward to posting here in 5/6 weeks time :D Over two years in the making!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

messing around with the bikes this afternoon, swapping around wheels and stuff to get the tri bike ready for turbo duty. Decided to take a few snaps. Excuse the deep wheels appearing on both bikes, i hadn't put them on the road bike before and wanted to see how they looked.

Road Bike: Rose CRS3100, Full Carbon, Ultegra Di2.
    20140103_151922_zps97c98775.jpg

Tri Bike: Cannondale Slice, 105.
    20140103_150407_zpsd6c4ef38.jpg

20140103_150325_zpsbde53a44.jpg

I figured neither the rockhopper hardtail nor the 194x high nelly i'm currently renovating would hold much interest in here

• Advertisement

AW man I love the rockhopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

cycle heart.jpg

... thats my dream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

mossym wrote: »
    I figured neither the rockhopper hardtail nor the 194x high nelly i'm currently renovating would hold much interest in here

please do stick up pic's of the rockhopper and high nelly. beauty is beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

messing around with the bikes this afternoon, swapping around wheels and stuff to get the tri bike ready for turbo duty. Decided to take a few snaps. Excuse the deep wheels appearing on both bikes, i hadn't put them on the road bike before and wanted to see how they looked.

Do you do some road racing as well Mossym?

Thats a pretty nice stable you got ;)

Woody_FX wrote: »
    Do you do some road racing as well Mossym?

Thats a pretty nice stable you got ;)

travelling last week so missed this, apologies, but no, no road racing. thought about giving a4 a bash to see how i would get on, but i'd need a lot of training and would need to focus on it for a year and don;t want to give up the other sports.

plus, i'm not the most risk adverse, so i'm likely to end up in every crash there is, so even if i was racing don;t know if i'd be risking that bike as i'd be guaranteed to smash it up, reckon i;d pick up a cheap thrasher and just not worry about it

Well here it is...two years in the making, I'm a proud owner of a Cervelo :):cool:

Excuse the poor focus!

25B538D1-6306-4527-BB49-60DD62AF8907.jpg

It's pretty aero :cool:

A11E20E3-0465-4C41-B274-9A0A91124754.jpg

The nice tidy cockpit and Ultegra Di2 shifters

13BFB9EB-7926-4914-B972-0CAE975334F1.jpg

...and if I'm not putting a water bottle on the aero bars, for which is easy as there are holes for the bottle cage, the bridge acts as a perfect place for the 910xt

899EE6AE-3215-4635-9048-85E4252A0180.jpg

The Magura Hydraulic Brakes

6EF1AE99-7A4C-4964-AF31-53218A33BD3C.jpg

The very special CXR 80t Cosmic Mavic wheels with the innovative blade

D547264A-42E5-4A9E-96E4-E4F885991E85.jpg

Hub, Ultegra Di2 derailleur and Ultegra cassette

BF376FC0-D8F7-4423-8909-F1B1F0335DFE.jpg

Oh and this happens to wheels when flash is on :)

2F36694F-648C-46BF-A889-DE60F1F2ED57.jpg

I wanted to call it "The Death Star" but Linda said that that would be stupid! Any suggestions?!

that is damn sweet. best of luck with it

Sweet!! Well wear El D, expecting at least one top bike split now ;)

Sweet!! Well wear El D, expecting at least one top bike split now ;)

Thanks MCOS and right you are! I hope to be on top form come June(ish) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭MaryB30

Mad Jealous,

I have had this bike as my screen saver since it was announced(something to do with motivation etc.) Good luck to you well may it wear. I will have to stick to the P2 a while longer.

• Advertisement

Well here it is...two years in the making, I'm a proud owner of a Cervelo :):cool:

just curious, what white bar tape did you go for?

just curious, what white bar tape did you go for?

SRAM, I had some left over from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

F*&%ing Sweet as F%&$.

That is all.

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Wow! Fantastic bike, El D, congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Hi El D, self build? New or used (if used, not much use going by the photos)? Beautiful machine btw.... best of luck with it.

EC1000 wrote: »
    Hi El D, self build? New or used (if used, not much use going by the photos)? Beautiful machine btw.... best of luck with it.

Cheers EC. Self build but NOT self assembled! Everything is new except the saddle. Mainly Slane Cycles (keep an eye out for their sales, they are unbelievable!) and bike24.de. First outing will be Ballinrobe Duathlon on Saturday.

Cheers EC. Self build but NOT self assembled! Everything is new except the saddle. Mainly Slane Cycles (keep an eye out for their sales, they are unbelievable!) and bike24.de. First outing will be Ballinrobe Duathlon on Saturday.

will you use the cosmics this time of year or something you'll have to worry less about replacing?

will you use the cosmics this time of year or something you'll have to worry less about replacing?

They will be used for racing only, my old training wheels for training. Those Mavics are very wide, it seems all new aero wheels are going down that route, it means that I've only 1mm clearance from the brake pads until they are worn a bit!

They will be used for racing only, my old training wheels for training. Those Mavics are very wide, it seems all new aero wheels are going down that route, it means that I've only 1mm clearance from the brake pads until they are worn a bit!

what about the race this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

That bike is for looking at, not riding in the wind and rain, I foresee heavy expenditure on baby wipes in your future :D Wear well........

Advertisement