Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part time work & general job chat

• 21-10-2013 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I am currently a student studying reception & customer care in Cork College of Commerce and was wondering would anyone let me know if hear any part time jobs i could apply for. I looking for part time work weekends.

I am watching fas website and jobs.ie each day also :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Given the time of year we're coming into, the likes of Penney's, Dunnes, Debenhams will all be recruiting Xmas temp staff, have you tried throwing your CV into those places?

I'd imagine you'd more than likely have to work a few evenings during the week too.

Or are you looking for work specific to your course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

razorblunt wrote: »
    Given the time of year we're coming into, the likes of Penney's, Dunnes, Debenhams will all be recruiting Xmas temp staff, have you tried throwing your CV into those places?

I'd imagine you'd more than likely have to work a few evenings during the week too.

Or are you looking for work specific to your course?

Hi thanks for getting back to me, i never left cv in there as i worried they just throw it into the bin. i have heard there is proper application forms these places have that need be filled out for them take you serious so might get something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hi thanks for getting back to me, i never left cv in there as i worried they just throw it into the bin. i have heard there is proper application forms these places have that need be filled out for them take you serious so might get something like that

Big display in Boots - the big one on Half Moon street - looking for seasonal staff.

evilivor wrote: »
    Big display in Boots - the big one on Half Moon street - looking for seasonal staff.

Oh really thanks for telling me this :) did it say need experience or what skills looking for . i might drop a cv in there tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Boots is apply online only.

• Advertisement

calnand wrote: »
    Boots is apply online only.

Thanks for telling me this i look into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Yeah Boots only do their hiring online. You've to do a test online before they even offer you an interview. It's the biggest piece of **** ever. I worked there for over two years and I still failed it about 3 times in a row.

I hear argos are hiring too, both in mahon and in town. Good luck.

Kersmash wrote: »
    Yeah Boots only do their hiring online. You've to do a test online before they even offer you an interview. It's the biggest piece of **** ever. I worked there for over two years and I still failed it about 3 times in a row.

I applied to 3 different boots in town and all my applications went through thank god lol. oh argos be great where you seen this in town and how would i apply for this online or in store?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

http://www.jobsguideireland.com/christmas-2009-jobs-at-argos/

The url says 2009, but the article is dated 2013, there's a link to the form in it and it's submitted in store. Perhaps double check in store that the form is up to date to be certain that the link below is the correct one.

https://www.argoscareers.com/jobs_argos/careers/pdf/Application-Form-v3-ROI-UK-1.pdf

ncur wrote: »

The url says 2009, but the article is dated 2013, there's a link to the form in it and it's submitted in store. Perhaps double check in store that the form is up to date to be certain that the link below is the correct one.

https://www.argoscareers.com/jobs_argos/careers/pdf/Application-Form-v3-ROI-UK-1.pdf

Thanks very much for that i have it printed out now and will fill out hoping some good come all these keep jobs coming :)

• Advertisement

I cant seem find application form for dunnes stores or tesco could anyone put up a link if find it for me appreciate it. Wondering if there might be some christmas work with them as well no harm trying

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Genghiscol

I you want to apply to boots look up all the the answers to there stupid quiz they send you a link to, my friend works there....somehow and she cant pass that thing no matter how often she tries, managed to get lucky the first time though.

Hope job hunt goes well.

Genghiscol wrote: »
    I you want to apply to boots look up all the the answers to there stupid quiz they send you a link to, my friend works there....somehow and she cant pass that thing no matter how often she tries, managed to get lucky the first time though.

Hope job hunt goes well.

I think that quiz is so stupid alright i just did it there i think waiting on results now fingers crossed some good come of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Genghiscol

If you fail it make a new email address and try again.... and quite possibly again.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Smyths on mailer street in town could be looking for staff ATM but not to sure if it's late now as I worked there last year and started on the 30th October :/ hope this might be a bit of help

Smyths on mailer street in town could be looking for staff ATM but not to sure if it's late now as I worked there last year and started on the 30th October :/ hope this might be a bit of help

Oh ye i never thought about there would i need go in ask for application form or can download one you know. anything is worth a shot i suppose :) thanks letting me know this

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Oh ye i never thought about there would i need go in ask for application form or can download one you know. anything is worth a shot i suppose :) thanks letting me know this

Just drop in a cv... I was full time so maybe part time staff had a different start dates hopefully youl get something now :) best of luck :)

Just drop in a cv... I was full time so maybe part time staff had a different start dates hopefully youl get something now :) best of luck :)

Thanks for that no harm in trying it sure :) i leave cv in as well and mabey a cover letter be good to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I cant seem find application form for dunnes stores or tesco could anyone put up a link if find it for me appreciate it. Wondering if there might be some christmas work with them as well no harm trying

I know I saw somewhere else, that I have since forgotten, that was looking for seasonal staff - it may be worthwhile having a stroll around town to see what places are hiring.

If I spot it again I'll post.

evilivor wrote: »
    I know I saw somewhere else, that I have since forgotten, that was looking for seasonal staff - it may be worthwhile having a stroll around town to see what places are hiring.

If I spot it again I'll post.

Your grand dont worry about it if remember let me know anyway . i should have look after college. i so bad never notice anything when in town ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Today Saw sign in dunnes carrigaline looking for seasonal staff . If I remember rightly it was apply direct to the store .

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    Today Saw sign in dunnes carrigaline looking for seasonal staff . If I remember rightly it was apply direct to the store .

Oh really thanks million will have look into that to

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Story posted on thejournal.ie, Argos say they taking on 175 seasonal staff in their 40 stores

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/argos-christmas-jobs-2-1143419-Oct2013/ and there's an online page link in that story

http://www.argoscareers.com/christmas/

Story posted on thejournal.ie, Argos say they taking on 175 seasonal staff in their 40 stores

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/argos-christmas-jobs-2-1143419-Oct2013/ and there's an online page link in that story

http://www.argoscareers.com/christmas/

Oh that is great thanks so much i have printed off the application form and will leave it into town hope get picked

Kersmash wrote: »

I can see what you mean about that online test its a joke i applied for 3 different boots and failed that test for all feeling like a failure with it :(

Hi again,

Wondering is there any application forms for Tesco, Dunnes Stores or Supervalu? I live in Cork City Centre and would like to apply for part time work with these. Someone told me i just have leave a Cv in to dunnes stores customer service and that how they get back to you . If anyone knows how please let me know .

Also any more jobs hear of please tell me i have send few CV in so far just waiting game now

sigh sigh after buying c4 envelope printing out application form and doing cover letter and updating my cv for the part time christmas staff in argos in town only to be told full up and already picked people and that was advertised september ugh no mood now . hope something eles will turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

sigh sigh after buying c4 envelope printing out application form and doing cover letter and updating my cv for the part time christmas staff in argos in town only to be told full up and already picked people and that was advertised september ugh no mood now . hope something eles will turn up

Sorry to hear that, had my fingers crossed today for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ok I've started this sticky to try to take the general queries out of the vacancy thread.

A lot of people have alerts set up on the vacancy thread for new postings and it's unfair that they get an alert when someone has a query such as 'where do I apply'.

We want to keep the vacancy thread purely for notifications of new jobs, so this thread is for all other job related queries. Feel free to ask how to apply, has anyone worked there, etc etc but make sure thee are no derogatory comments on employers please. If you need to say it, say it in private !

Otherwise, feel free to ask and post.

If this doesn't take off, I'll unsticky it, but I hope it's popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ugh memories of working in dunnes on seasonal work all those years. If you have any dignity, self worth or pride you would never work there again. Worked in 2 dunnes and I can comfortably say they were the worst jobs ever.
    Offered to keep me on twice but I declined.

Anyway op best of luck its slim pickings out there unfortunately.

Advertisement