Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Whillikers

Going into first year arts....i suppose if i had somewhere to live it might be handy:P if anyone has a room to rent please pm me, thanks:pac:

Welcome to the dozens/hundreds of others who are being screwed over by lack of accommodation in Maynooth. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bendover2

anybody want to join forces with me be my quest ! 2nd year irish and history student !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FloweryTuna1

bendover2, first year irish n geography(nd some other ****e i wont b keeping on), any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marinush17

I am going to live on the streets if i dont find a place!! :D im going in first year biomedical science.. anyone has a room?? im a girl btw. :)) if you do, pm PLEASE!!!

I've been checking daft everyday and am glad to say those two houses in Dowdstown or wherever are finally gone.

I'm waiting for a house that doesn't say "Not suitable for students" :/

Finding a place is near impossible and asking here probably won't help for now.

Good luck in biomedical science though, I'm in third year now and it's a good course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 marinush17

i have been checking them too but no luck :( also texted all no on that off campus accomodation list from nuim... they either dont reply or its taken :( thanks whillikers. you too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nessieos

marinush17 wrote: »
    i have been checking them too but no luck :( also texted all no on that off campus accomodation list from nuim... they either dont reply or its taken :( thanks whillikers. you too!!

Check gumtree and the local papers too. The college is going through the second round of assigning on campus accommodation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jessierex

looking for accommodation ? Check out daft.ie .

Paczini wrote: »

Hopefully something comes of this.
    I like at the end how they try to finish on a happy note.

"Yeah lack of housing for students is crap, but you know, new jobs and stuff :D"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dcree1

Hi,

I'm a 28 year old post grad student looking for a room to rent. Or if there were some other students in the same situation that would be interested in renting a house together, please PM me.

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I may or may not have a house in my crosshairs. If anybody is interested, send me a message and I'll get back to you with details and stuff. Ill be calling the landlord at half twelve tomorrow so try to reply before then. Also attach sexy pictures because that could increase your chances of success.*

*But not really!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jaffajaffa

Hi,

If anyone still needs a room my parents have a single room to let, €90 mon to fri inc meals. House is in lucan its right on the border of celbridge and lexilip so its the closest part of Lucan to Maynooth.Bus stop is just outside the estate and then bus is about 20/25 mins into maynooth.So its a short commute. PM me for more info.

* Also as the house is on the border of Leixlip & Celbridge the bus stop is on the 66 & 67 bus route so more options/flexibility with commuting as there are two different bus timetables to go by, so more bus times available to travel to/from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Did most people get sorted? Seems to have got a lot quieter in here lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evlis

Still looking, mature student 33, final year Philosophy and Spanish. Interested in a single or double room anywhere, willing to pay up to 320. PM any details. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

Hey, have a double room to rent out, preferably for 12months. 400E per month, and looking for 400e deposit.
    All bills will be split among 4 people (including yourself). That's basically it, more info can be sent in private messages. Thanks :)

*GONE*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Iynes wrote: »
    Hey guys, I got self catering in Park Rail, wondering if anybody knows the story is with Self Catering, like are we allowed to have visitors stay the night, is there a certain time to be back home by etc?
    I forgot to ask when viewing! Thanks

Give your landlord a ring. It totally depends from each landlord, so one person may have a totally different view to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

Got a room in Carton Court., need to fill ASAP. Give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭ Cruz Colossal Saltine

Lived there in first year. Tis a long trek from there to college. Enjoy.

Wouldn't think that at all. Tis only 5mins further out than my estate. Some of the rental houses in there can be quite shabby though from what I have both seen and heard.

• Advertisement

12 mins to the village pal. It's no further than most of the other estates in Maynooth.

Wouldn't think that at all. Tis only 5mins further out than my estate. Some of the rental houses in there can be quite shabby though from what I have both seen and heard.

Would appreciate if ye could stop discussing it as I asked for a PM regarding it, not an open discussion. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Single room available in Moyglare Abbey, self-catering, really lovely house with family (no young kids!). Available immediately. PM for details!

Fogman wrote: »
    Got a room in Carton Court., need to fill ASAP. Give me a shout

Ha id be interested if u still have it

bendover2 wrote: »
    Ha id be interested if u still have it
    yeah even

bendover2, first year irish n geography(nd some other ****e i wont b keeping on), any ideas??

Nothing no ideas... Few decades maybe

Anyone stuck for a room for this week while they get themselves sorted just let me know. Have a room available for the week until Friday when the lad who is taking it for the year is moving back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ffitzgerald

Hey.. I'm a 19 year old girl, First Year Arts, currently living in Corrib Village but looking for for a room in the City Centre or even the Salthill direction. Any suggestions/available places would be seriously appreciated! Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hey.. I'm a 19 year old girl, First Year Arts, currently living in Corrib Village but looking for for a room in the City Centre or even the Salthill direction. Any suggestions/available places would be seriously appreciated! Thanks

I think that you may have posted in the wrong place. This is the NUI Maynooth forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ffitzgerald

Gosh you are so right haha..Sorry guys.

Advertisement