Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah the away is nice, always regretted buying the 2011 RWC away jersey, looks like nothing

I wonder when the IRFU put your phonecall on hold, do they play 'Greensleeves'!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

not blown away by either jersey the change strip looks like a soccer training top

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The away one made me puke in my mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The change strip is fugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

decisions wrote: »
    The change strip is fugly!
    .ak wrote: »
    The away one made me puke in my mouth!
    salmocab wrote: »
    not blown away by either jersey the change strip looks like a soccer training top

damn traditionalists...haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The White Jersey has really split people it seems.

I really like it. I like to see more green on the away jersey (not that its worn a whole lot).

Think its pretty cool looking, and the material looks more comfortable then the last jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The white jersey was originally a game jersey in Tron.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The home jersey is nice.

The away jersey is uglier than a sack of arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

The home one is barely different to the existing, the collar being the only difference.

I like the away jersey :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Both wretched. Far too dark and rubbery. Like a summer gimp suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PaulyBolger

It's the thing I hate about puma (and why I'd love ua) is that their jerseys feel like a wetsuit and when you sweat in them they feel horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Blut2

Home is meh. Away one is awful. When will collars make their comeback...

Look forward to seeing what a new sponsor will do with it next year to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Trojan wrote: »
    The white jersey was originally a game jersey in Tron.

new it looked vaguely familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭eire4

Seanbass wrote: »
    So these are the new Ireland jerseys then!

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/743049-gr.html

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/743065-wh.html

alot nicer than the last home effort anyway...

I like the away one a lot. Might have to get that one.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Blut2 wrote: »
    Home is meh. Away one is awful. When will collars make their comeback...

Look forward to seeing what a new sponsor will do with it next year to be honest.

Don't think we'll ever see collars like was on the old style jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

case885 wrote: »
    The shirt is also covered in grip panels so that the players won't lose the ball in contact.

That's what we have two hands for! To hold the ball! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Any word on Leinsters' new jersey this season?

My guess is that it's gonna be similar to Leicesters new one just blue with Navy, Yellow and White strips across the middle instead - which would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Any word on Leinsters' new jersey this season?

My guess is that it's gonna be similar to Leicesters new one just blue with Navy, Yellow and White strips across the middle instead - which would be nice.

I didn't think we were getting a new jersey? I would weep with joy if we got a Navy blue and gold version of Leicester's jersey. Their jersey is so nice they should just be gifted the Heineken Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Hagz wrote: »
    I didn't think we were getting a new jersey? I would weep with joy if we got a Navy blue and gold version of Leicester's jersey. Their jersey is so nice they should just be gifted the Heineken Cup.

I agree. A lot of people don't seem to like it but I think it's one of the nicest jerseys to have been released in a long time

Hagz wrote: »

We're getting a new pro12 home/away jersey. Keeping the current European jersey.

I dunno, I like Leicesters jersey but it's more a nod to their traditional hoops. It'd be unique to them so I can't see them being used for our jersey. I think it'll be quite plain, with some detail of the harp worked in there somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

I must be the only one who actually likes the away Ireland jersey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

btw, I came across an Ireland player issue Puma anthem top a few weeks ago. It's extra large, fits me but a tiny bit big. Would be up for swapping it if anyone has anything to offer in exchange

trouttrout wrote: »
    I must be the only one who actually likes the away Ireland jersey!

Nope. I love it.

I actually like Leinster's current jersey, but I think pretty much everyone agrees that it could do with losing the big harp. Honestly, how hard is it for the design team to just scope their market and find out what we want? I'm not going to post the Sean O'Brien pic again, but that is the dream jersey.

Screw it, I'm posting it.
    INPHO_00339921.jpg

Just look at it!

Yeah that's lovely. All our training tops seem to be fairly nice, if not nicer than the actual game jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

yeah I like how basic the home one is. especially the loss of that annoying collar and rubber bra.

Still, being broke and all I think I might wait till next season and see what the next offering is like, hopefully a decent Addidas or Nike effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Seanbass wrote: »
    yeah I like how basic the home one is. especially the loss of that annoying collar and rubber bra.

Still, being broke and all I think I might wait till next season and see what the next offering is like, hopefully a decent Addidas or Nike effort.

Not to worry, IRFU are broke as well, expect Burrda or Warrior gear.

I never really liked any of Nike's rugby gear, they seem to have ducked out of the sector.

Would be nice to see Leinster go to a modern take on a retro jersey, that training jersey above was always a beaut. I think Leicester have gone too far though, it will look very indistinct, odd when they only established the tiger stripes as a gimmick, and they looked grrrrrrrreat ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Just browsing through jerseys on that worldrugbyshop site and came across possibly the funniest, fugliest jersey I've seen. I give you the lederhosen-inspired Austrian national jersey... http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/47695.html

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Russian 7's Jersey is class.

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?img=976206&photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=Rugby&w=600&h=600

Normal one is pretty good too IMO.

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?img=976165&photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=Rugby&w=600&h=600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I actually quite like the current Leinster one with the harp on it. If you look at the Munster jerseys from the last few years for example they all look pretty much the same. Why the hell would you bother buying a new jersey if it doesn't look any different at all? That said the training jerseys the last few years have been pretty class. My favourite jerseys over the last few years are the HEC one from 2011, this seasons European one and the training jersey that wasn't available to buy but I still somehow got my hands on....:P

614031.jpg

Advertisement