Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gardening Bargain Alerts Mega Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

redser7 wrote: »
    Supervalu Donabate selling 30 litre rigid plastic totes for 2 euros. Great for growing stuff like carrots, strawberries, but anything else of course

Thats where I got the 11 litre watering cans for 3 euro each.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Yeah they do great deals when clearing stuff out. Those totes are sold as stackable storage boxes but they're great around the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/Gardening.aspx
    I used myTesco clubcard points on deals with these before beautiful plants in great condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Miracle Gro Patch Magic Shaker Jar reduced to 3 euro from 14 in heatons..
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/action/searchsite/miracle-gro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

• Advertisement

1.5 litre green plastic watering jugs......49 cents in Tesco Artane Castle.:)

Tesco Clarehall......

Ward large tomato grow bag trays..reduced from 7 euro to 2 euro 25 cents.

Bought 2 of them.

Very handy for keeping indoor and outdoor plants moist and watered.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I know some people on here are big fans of Alliums.
    80 Allium Bulbs - FREE (just pay P&P cost of £4.95)

To receive this offer, simply click through this email and your order code of 'GPTNS20' will be activated. Add this product to your order and the price will be reduced in your shopping basket. Limited to 1 collection per order at this special price. Hurry, offer ends midnight Sunday 9th September or whilst stock lasts. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Link

Lidl/Florabest 2 litre pressure sprayer bottle reduced from 4 euro to 2 euro.

Telescopic bypass and anvil loppers in Aldi for 10 euro.

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23388.htm

Extends to just on 1 meter in length.

• Advertisement

Lidl/Powerfix mastic/silicone sealent gun.... reduced from 4 euro to 2 euro.

Good bit of kit and very handy for any garden repairs and house repairs like gutters or fixing a leak in a pond,building a mortar free wall,caulking skirting boards and sealing around baths,sinks and kitchen worktops..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

Various varieties of climbing plants have been reduced in Aldi down to a mere €1.49. That's ridiculous. Now they are very small but still ridiculous all the same.
    They have these varieties amongst others:
    Clematis (Comtesse de Bouchard)
    Clematis (Niobe)
    Clematis (Westerplatte)
    Passion Flower (Caerulea)
    Clematis (Piliu)
    Hopefully they will grow!!!

210 litre rainwater harvesting kit (210 litre barrell,stand and water divertor kit) 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Tesco?

redser7 wrote: »
    Tesco?

Nope (for once).....:eek::D

Most Builders Providers in Duiblin in fact.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I have that kit, barrel and diverter are great but the stand is dung, it collapsed and now I have it on four cavity blocks !

Small Cyclamen in Lidl for 1 euro 19 cents a pot.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4182_24391.htm

An old granny wasnt too pleased with me for taking all the white ones off the shelf.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

https://www.quickcrop.ie/product/premier-14-inch-raised-bed-kit-with-free-garlic-and-seeds. Might go for this one myself, heard about it through their newsletter. Decent looking 14 inch raised bed kit, with free garlic and seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Picked up a pack of 70 mixed bulbs in B&Q at the weekend for €13, which I thought was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

zombiepaw wrote: »
    https://www.quickcrop.ie/product/premier-14-inch-raised-bed-kit-with-free-garlic-and-seeds. Might go for this one myself, heard about it through their newsletter. Decent looking 14 inch raised bed kit, with free garlic and seeds.

Decent looking but not worthy of a bargain post! Off to your local builder providers and make one yourself, a lot cheaper.

• Advertisement

zombiepaw wrote: »
    Might go for this one myself, heard about it through their newsletter. Decent looking 14 inch raised bed kit, with free garlic and seeds.

About 15-20 worth of materials euro to build that.

80 euro isnt exactly a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Today I bought 4 French Lavenders for £2 each in Morrisons (incredibly cheap for mature plants!)
    I also bought 2 Calluna vulgaris "Beauty Ladies" from B&Q - two for a fiver. I was up in the moors the other day and notice the wild Calluna vulgaris (heather) was flowering and looked great. Not sure what to do with it though since I don't plan on making a rockery. Maybe I can find a container for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

Good idea, never thought of the building suppliers, it would be quite cheap to make going that route

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Homebase Navan had a few bags of Jamie Oliver spud compost reduced from a fiver down to 50 cent. Reckon this will be nationwide if any left as its in the uk as well

Homebase Navan had a few bags of Jamie Oliver spud compost reduced from a fiver down to 50 cent. Reckon this will be nationwide if any left as its in the uk as well

Now that is for nothing,well allmost.:D

I love how these "celebs" will sell anything and put their names to anything these days.:pac::pac:

38cm Garden drip trays/gravel trays in Tesco Clarehall for 1 euro 20 cents each.

Seriously good value indeed.

Bought 8 of them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

paddy147 wrote: »
    38cm Garden drip trays/gravel trays in Tesco Clarehall for 1 euro 20 cents each.

Bought 8 of them.:D

Good to see you back! .....were there many left?

wait4me wrote: »
    Good to see you back! .....were there many left?

Its good to be back.;):D

There were 10 on the shelf and I took 8...that was 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

great wicker flower pots and others! http://www.adverts.ie/shops/wicker-madness/ i got one they are beautiful

• Advertisement

Still some trays left in Tesco this evening (bought another 3)

Also got a stainless steel baux ball shears for 3 euro,thanks to a bit of a Tesco price fcuk up.

Went to customer service,complained about how the price labels were and how they were potentially confusing/deceptive to other customers.The manager told me that I was right and she would sort this out asap.She gave me a further reduction and I got it for 3 euro.

Happy Days indeed.:D

Advertisement