Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO/alien evidence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Really find it incredible that people can believe that we are the sole beings in the universe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Gator wrote: »
    Really find it incredible that people can believe that we are the sole beings in the universe
    Who said we are?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Who said we are?

I don't mean to speak in that posters place but I think what they meant was that people can come across as being very dismissive of the idea of other intelligent beings in the universe because we're not able to prove these things by the means of our ever evolving scientific knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

nullzero wrote: »
    I don't mean to speak in that posters place but I think what they meant was that people can come across as being very dismissive of the idea of other intelligent beings in the universe because we're not able to prove these things by the means of our ever evolving scientific knowledge.

Belief in ExtraTerrestrial intelligence is different to the belief that they are visiting here and sharing their technology.

I would guess that a lot of the skeptical posters here would see the possibly of ET intelligent life on another planet in this galaxy as being quite likely. It's just the travelling here and the covering up that they take issue with (That would be my stance - in case I'm wrong about the other skeptics).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I'd be astonished if we were the only intelligent life. The point is that we have no solid proof that the UFOs that are reported are aliens coming to have a look at us, and we have no proof whatsoever of any interaction with aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Lefticus Loonaticus

So your counter-argument to the Rockefellers and their pals being behind this pro-alien agenda is just to say it's 'bollocks'? Not the best argument I've ever heard to be honest. You are asking everyone here to believe that there is no NWO, there is no Skull & Bones, no Illuminati, no anybody behind the scenes pulling the strings. You are asking us to accept that every other conspiracy theory is wrong, but your one is right.

:confused: Ive lost you sorry, all i did was make reference to rockerfeller and i called the NWO bollox. Not saying they dont exist, its just not really a mystical thing to have a load of rich guys plotting and planning in a dark room, it happens in most countries regularly.

Anyway, back to ufo/alien evidence. Whats your opinion about the national press club conference and the evidence that was present by all those pilots, politicians and military people?

Do you think they are all bought off by the powers that be?

Do you you think they have all gone absolutely bonkers and have lost their mental health?

Do you think they are telling the truth and that they witnessed craft that came from space?

Belief in ExtraTerrestrial intelligence is different to the belief that they are visiting here and sharing their technology.

I would guess that a lot of the skeptical posters here would see the possibly of ET intelligent life on another planet in this galaxy as being quite likely. It's just the travelling here and the covering up that they take issue with (That would be my stance - in case I'm wrong about the other skeptics).

Well perhaps I should add that some of the opinions shared by "skeptics" here can give the impression that the idea of other intelligent life in the universe is being dismissed out of hand.

Some people have posted saying that with all our technological advances should there be any intelligent life we would have found it by now, I will assume that those posts don't represent the majority view amongst either camps on this forum.

To be honest I don't care what anyone believes, if people want to believe one thing or another it's none of my business. I'm not advocating one argument or lambasting another on this topic I was just offering my take on what someone else had said and I may have been way off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Anyway, back to ufo/alien evidence. Whats your opinion about the national press club conference and the evidence that was present by all those pilots, politicians and military people?

Do you think they are all bought off by the powers that be?

Do you you think they have all gone absolutely bonkers and have lost their mental health?

Do you think they are telling the truth and that they witnessed craft that came from space?

I remember watching that conference and being quite shocked at the revelations. What has come of it, do you know? Has there been any such conferences since then?

If anyone knows more about this group of people (and the 'Disclosure Project' more generally), please enlighten me. Is there good reason to think it is all an elaborate hoax? Are the individuals involved in any way suspect (Greer in particular)?

I'm asking as I genuinely would like to know the opinions of those that have researched (or should I say 'looked into') this more deeply than I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There used to be (may still be) a website full of witness testimonies relating to UFOs. All of the accounts were from professionals including scientists and military personnel. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the site, or find it via Google atm. Pretty sure it wasn't just a figment of my imagination though.. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Priori wrote: »
    I remember watching that conference and being quite shocked at the revelations. What has come of it, do you know? Has there been any such conferences since then?

If anyone knows more about this group of people (and the 'Disclosure Project' more generally), please enlighten me. Is there good reason to think it is all an elaborate hoax? Are the individuals involved in any way suspect (Greer in particular)?

I'm asking as I genuinely would like to know the opinions of those that have researched (or should I say 'looked into') this more deeply than I have.

The thing is that is was initiated by Laurence Rockefeller, the whole disclosure movement was.I doubt Greer or anyone working on the panel are aware of any "plan" or "hoax".

But given how entangled the family is in the history of the last 100 years, It wouldn't surprise me if there was something sinister at the end of it all ,Aliens are bad etc...Keep a common enemy for the public to digest.

All these witnesses have seen UFO's ,but what are they?

a)Advanced technology that was developed at Area 51 and the public has no knowledge of?

b)Aliens?

I tend to think most of what has been seen is probably black project stuff.Now we've all seen ancient paintings with UFO's in them so I do believe there is life elsewhere.But this disclosure stuff looks very co-ordinated to say the least.

A lot of astronauts are coming out daily and talking about aliens, the MOD in the UK releases "files" ,then the FBI does it.And who's behind it all?

Maybe it's a build up to something late next year, they know the public are mindful of the 2012.They may pull an elaborate stunt, who knows?

We certainly don't know what technology we have or have secretly developed over the years ,and you can be sure it's stored in the most secure base in the USA, Area 51.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the site, or find it via Google atm. Pretty sure it wasn't just a figment of my imagination though.. Does anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Sounds like Disclosure Project. You can see the video of their press conference on Youtube, it's impressive testimony.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

loldog wrote: »
    Sounds like Disclosure Project. You can see the video of their press conference on Youtube, it's impressive testimony.

Thanks, that's not the one I was thinking about though. It was topsecrettestimony.com, which is down atm. I found it via

I believe the site in question is affiliated with the Disclosure Project but contained all of the witness testimonies and backgrounds.. some 50 odd of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Disclosure Project still amounts to anecdotal evidence. It's pretty impressive to be able to bring out ex-military people alright, but it still just amounts to stories, and we have to take their word for it that they're telling the truth. When they actually produce the evidence that they say they have, then I'll sit up and take notice. Until then, there's nothing new here. Just more stories, and when asked to back it up, we're told it's being covered up because of an elaborate conspiracy. That may be the case, but it's also indistinguishable from something they concocted in their head, so why should we believe them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I'm not going to blind you with science....because I cant!! ,I'm not going to post any pictures,video's or links to try confirm or debunk what others put out there.

I'm just going to have my t'upence worth as it's an area that's facinated,intrigued,baffled and provoked me over the years,many of us from when we were kids have been intrigued by space,looking toward the stars in wonder & awe,sure it was those very feelings that sent man to space,our continued drive to search & explore further & deeper into the cosmos.

So,on that note.....
    I think it's pompous of us to believe we are the only planet in the infinity of space that harbours intelligent life,I also think it's very presumptous of us to believe we're actually indigenous to this planet,evolution? I queston it,Darwins theory? I dont buy it,Theology? too exclusive,Science? a muddle of theories,facts & distortion.

I've never seen a UFO but thats not to say I don't (or do) believe in ETILF's...none of us have ever seen God but blindly unwaveringly believe (or dont) in him....I believe we may never know for certain (atleast not in any of our lifetimes) if there are ET's out there,watching,visiting,checking back whatever,atleast not unless it was to come to pass like a scene from a Hollywood blockbuster,sure if it was to come about in more discreet ways we couldnt trust the powers that be to tell us the truth.

Personally I look at things around us here on this beautiful planet we call ours and it baffles me, things like the Egyptians, the Inca's,The Astecs,The Myans,The Inuits and most other ancient natives how they had such a vast knowledge of the stars,from their writings and drawings to their buildings, jeez their buildings alone have to make you wonder, Pyramids built in perfect formation,an amazing feat in anyones eyes when you think here we are thousands of years later unable to determine or replicate how exactly these were built,structures aligned not only with each other but on the same lay lines on opposite sides of the world and with the stars above, drawings at these places depicting almost identical images,drawings by races/cultures so detached from each other geographically, even in the bibles of today there are passages that refer to out of this world visitations.

We assume we are "Intelligent" yet we've barely scratched the surface of our own genetics,we use a small percentage of our brain (obviously we use 100% mechanically but I mean as in our potential), None of us (outside of the elite in governments,science,astronomy -NASA etc ,and even then they know little more than us average joes) really have any clue as to what is,isn't may or may not be out there,what immediate treat if any that we as a species are facing.

The Dec 2012 apocolyptic date has been talked about for decades,here we are not too far from the date and look at the state the world is in today,ice caps melting,continents experiencing climatic changes theyve never had before,sea levels apparently rising & sea temps increasing...are these all solely mankinds doing or are there other influences?

As we all know the cycle of Earth & the moon determines tidal cycles, the earths orbit of the sun determines the seasonal changes.Could it be there are cosmological forces at play? the theory of Nibiru? Planet X? Like I said earlier,I dont think (and certainly hope) that anything like Armageddon will happen in our lifetime but I do believe we're heading towards it,maybe we're just unfortunate to be around at the end of this planets lifespan,maybe we've just enough time to "jump ship" and head off into infinity in search of our next stop,after all it's my belief we only got here after leaving the last place we made a mess of before it went BANG!

Right,I'll leave it there :o

The above is a reply i posted to a simular thread topic back in Feb
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055912300 , was going to post something here n thought 'feck it, copy n paste (with the addition of paragraphs should maninasia drop by :rolleyes:) as my veiw remains the same'.

I do want to add this, it's my belief that there are many amongst us who want to prove so badly the existance of ETLF's & Alien spacecraft visitations that they will use the slighest anomaly and vaguest 'evidence' to try convince the rest of the world, but it does more harm than good to their cause/belief.

Yes,I believe in other intelligent lifeforms out there,have they been dropping by for visits? I've no idea, i find it hard to believe they have been and gone unnoticed (atleast to the majority of us it would seem) and all the 'evidence' thus far just isn't concrete enough,like i said,it will need to be a 'hollywood blockbuster' type occurance that we all witness en masse.What footage is out there is not enough for me.

It would also take a visitation of biblical scale to convince me of the existance of 'god' (or atleast God in the way religion tells us) - I have my own theory on the origins of 'god' but that's another story.

To quote 'spooky mulder' "The truth is out there" :D

Re: the point of science, it's also a theory for the 'believer' that we as a species have evolved (from a technological & scientific point) at an alarming in the last 100 years ,it could be argued that we didn't just happen upon this vast progress ourselves but more rather where exposed to alternative options from someone/something of a higher intelligence,i mean why was our technological advancements so much slower in the centuries previous? considering the Egyptians,Myan's,Astec's & what they gave to history and the unaswered questions they've left us still pondering today!

Just another point for thought to be veiwed with an open mind i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

Priori wrote: »

There are two national press club conferences. The first was the disclosure project in 2001 which is the more famous one which had very heavy content. The second one was about 2 - 3 years ago and had a bit more credibility about, also had much more press and was covered by the mainstream media.

I think the last link from lefticus was refering to the more recent conference.

Every year there is an exopolitics conference and each year it gains more and more momentum.

Dave! wrote: »
    Disclosure Project still amounts to anecdotal evidence. It's pretty impressive to be able to bring out ex-military people alright, but it still just amounts to stories, and we have to take their word for it that they're telling the truth. When they actually produce the evidence that they say they have, then I'll sit up and take notice. Until then, there's nothing new here. Just more stories, and when asked to back it up, we're told it's being covered up because of an elaborate conspiracy. That may be the case, but it's also indistinguishable from something they concocted in their head, so why should we believe them?

Wrong.

The FAA guy, John Callahan, presents the radar tapes and records on stage. Thats official hard FAA evidence of ufos going thousands of miles per hour. The CIA guys who briefed him afterward forgot to take the evidence away ;).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgNvVqMEFdI

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    This is something I have always had an interest in but know quite little about besides what I have read about Roswell.

I believe, and always have, that there is life, intelligent life on other planets. I am certainly open to the idea that they have, and currently do "visit" Earth. After all, we fly to different planets to gather rocks and soil, why wouldn't they do something similar? I certainly believe that if they where governments would cover it up.

So anyway,what do you guys feel is the best evidence to support the theory that alien life visits this planet? Inadequately explained sightings, abduction accounts, pictures, unusual phenomena etc?

Yes but unmanned missions, and only in our solar system. For people to travel to another planet outside of our solar system would require major advances in technology such as developing worm holes etc. Don't get me wrong, I would love if aliens visited here but considering that there are 200 billion stars in our galaxy alone and billions of galaxies it is actually quite arrogant to think they would want to come here in the first place?

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »

I'm of the same (or simular) mindset as you Dave but I do always wonder ,why would they do it? risk ridicule,social exclusion by their peers,subjected to been labelled 'cranks' & 'wierdo's' ,be laughed at by the majority & not taken seriously,why would anyone of good standing or elevated status put themselves through all that

......unless what they were saying was true or that they 100% beleived it to be.....I mean, would you take the 'risk' if you didnt whole heartedly believe you had seen/experienced something simular? I don't think I could.

But,like you ,I always ask "why,if they have it,cant we see this supposed evidence,why do we have to always wait for the right time? and when will that be?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

33 wrote: »

What is this all about?
    That thing is ugly.

Around one month ago this publication reported on a major UFO event that occurred in the region of Irkutsk in Russia's Siberia. Hundreds of villagers saw a huge object, glowing pink and blue, hurtle towards Earth before loudly impacting the ground in a wooded area . The event received widespread coverage in Russia and was reported by Inter-fax, Russia's government news agency (See article here). In the West the event was completely ignored if not deliberately kept from public view.
    An enormous team of government officials, including military personal, secret service agents and science ministry officials made their was to the UFO crash site within hours of the event occurring.
    Russia seems to be a hotspot for these things allegedly crashing.

caseyann wrote: »
    What is this all about?
    That thing is ugly.

Around one month ago this publication reported on a major UFO event that occurred in the region of Irkutsk in Russia's Siberia. Hundreds of villagers saw a huge object, glowing pink and blue, hurtle towards Earth before loudly impacting the ground in a wooded area . The event received widespread coverage in Russia and was reported by Inter-fax, Russia's government news agency (See article here). In the West the event was completely ignored if not deliberately kept from public view.
    An enormous team of government officials, including military personal, secret service agents and science ministry officials made their was to the UFO crash site within hours of the event occurring.

Yet they're so advanced they keep crashing all over the place? This the part of the story that makes me think that a lot of these crashing UFO's are, exotic experimental aircraft with earthly origins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Yet they're so advanced they keep crashing all over the place? This the part of the story that makes me think that a lot of these crashing UFO's are, exotic experimental aircraft with earthly origins.
    Shot down?
    I dont think that many are crashing.How many have you heard crashed?

I do always wonder ,why would they do it? risk ridicule,social exclusion by their peers,subjected to been labelled 'cranks' & 'wierdo's' ,be laughed at by the majority & not taken seriously,why would anyone of good standing or elevated status put themselves through all that

......unless what they were saying was true or that they 100% beleived it to be.....I mean, would you take the 'risk' if you didnt whole heartedly believe you had seen/experienced something simular? I don't think I could.

They risk it because they know its the truth and they know how important it is that people are told the truth. Many of them have broken their national security oaths and are at risk of assassination.

People trying to help the disclosure project were assassinated, such as former CIA director Bill Colby, who was found floating in a river a week before he was to have a meeting with Steven Greer. He was on the inside of many secret projects and he was going to tranfer 50 million in funds to the disclosure project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭33

caseyann wrote: »
    What is this all about?
    That thing is ugly.

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/2011/04/dead-alien-discovered-in-russia-video-a-hoax-video/

They risk it because they know its the truth and they know how important it is that people are told the truth. Many of them have broken their national security oaths and are at risk of assassination.

People trying to help the disclosure project were assassinated, such as former CIA director Bill Colby, who was found floating in a river a week before he was to have a meeting with Steven Greer. He was on the inside of many secret projects and he was going to tranfer 50 million in funds to the disclosure project.

Im not saying UFO's aren't real and the witnesses aren't credible, it's just the Rockefeller end of things that's always had me suspicious of the end result of it all.

Do a bit of reading about the Rockefeller foundations involvement with the original 1938 radio broadcast of "war of the worlds" that sent the USA into panic ,it's even mentioned in Wiki.This is why I'm suspicious about the goals of this project.

It has been suggested War of the Worlds thewas a psychological warfare experiment. In the 1999 documentary, Masters of the Universe: The Secret Birth of the Federal Reserve, writer Daniel Hopsicker claims the Rockefeller Foundation funded the broadcast, studied the panic, and compiled a report available to a few. A variation has the Radio Project and the Rockefeller Foundation as conspirators.[8] In a theatrical trailer for his film F For Fake, Welles joked about such theories, jesting that the broadcast indeed "had secret sponsors".
    While Mercury Theatre had no sponsor, CBS and the Rockefeller Foundation were contracting the leading crowd psychology researchers of the time; CBS had Edward Bernays, the Rockefeller Foundation had Ivy Lee. With the involvement of Frank Stanton in the Radio Project and his position in the CBS research department, it is possible the "creative curiosity" of Orson Welles came from conversations within these business circles. A detailed documentary on these circles and the ideas behind social manipulation was made by the BBC, called The Century of the Self.
    There has been continued speculation the panic generated by War of the Worlds inspired officials to cover up unidentified flying object evidence, avoiding a similar panic. U.S. Air Force Captain Edward J. Ruppelt,[9] the first head of UFO investigatory Project Blue Book wrote, "The [U.S. government's] UFO files are full of references to the near mass panic of October 30, 1938, when Orson Welles presented his now famous The War of the Worlds broadcast."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War...s_(radio_drama)

Re: the point of science, it's also a theory for the 'believer' that we as a species have evolved (from a technological & scientific point) at an alarming in the last 100 years ,it could be argued that we didn't just happen upon this vast progress ourselves but more rather where exposed to alternative options from someone/something of a higher intelligence,i mean why was our technological advancements so much slower in the centuries previous? considering the Egyptians,Myan's,Astec's & what they gave to history and the unaswered questions they've left us still pondering today!

Just another point for thought to be veiwed with an open mind i guess.

That's an interesting point it must be said.
    There is always the possibilty that changing social factors etc really did precipitated our huge leap forward technologically.
    Perhaps saying that we were given a helping hand from who or whatever is undermining our own inate creativity and guile.

The point is still fascinating and obviously merits some measure of consideration even from the most sceptical amongst us.

Im not saying UFO's aren't real and the witnesses aren't credible, it's just the Rockefeller end of things that's always had me suspicious of the end result of it all.

Do a bit of reading about the Rockefeller foundations involvement with the original 1938 radio broadcast of "war of the worlds" that sent the USA into panic ,it's even mentioned in Wiki.This is why I'm suspicious about the goals of this project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War...s_(radio_drama)

True true, follow the money. I dont like the sound of it either, but it could just aswell be adolf hitler giving support to the disclosure project, it dosent really detract from the content.

That broadcast could have been planned aswell, as a kind of a test run to see how people would react. Ufos were a huge subject back then aswell.

I dont think rockerfeller actually owns it or anything, hes just apart of the in crowd in american/international politics/elites and was able to pull a few political strings in Greers favour. You could say the same about political parties taking corperate donations.

My knowledge aint too great on this part of it. It goes back to when president eisenhower lost control of the subject and it fell into private hands. Maybe one of those hands was a rockerfeller of a previous generation, that would explain the current involvement to a certain extent.

Theres alot of cash involved with the ufo issue. One of main themes has always been the technology and how if it were released we simply wouldnt need fossil fuels anymore. The amount of money involved relative to the world economy and elite power structures is monsterous, and a monsterous amount of money will stop at nothing to maintain itself. Just another side to the rubix cube of ufo secrecy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Theres alot of cash involved with the ufo issue. One of main themes has always been the technology and how if it were released we simply wouldnt need fossil fuels anymore. The amount of money involved relative to the world economy and elite power structures is monsterous, and a monsterous amount of money will stop at nothing to maintain itself. Just another side to the rubix cube of ufo secrecy.
    The problem with this logic is that it would only make those with money even more rich, as they could be the first to take advantage of any new technology. It would be like giving them total ownership of the next internet-like* breakthrough - the internet has meant that the quality of life of everyone with access has improved, and has made society wealthier and more efficient. If the elite had the choice, do you think that

a) they would allow the 'new internet' technology 'out of the box'? (well they did before)
    b) would they like to take ownership of such technology if it existed? (I presume they would)

*I don't mean improved network technology, I mean the next big thing that changes the way the world works

Advertisement