Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Des Cullen - Liquidator Appointed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

That one's been coming for a while now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bloody recession ...even at liquidator prices I can't afford any of his stock

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wouldn't imagine their stock was exactly flying out the door this weather. Much of that stuff was major fashion accessory over the last few years but is seen to be 'vulgar' by many now. Trevor Musgrave opened his own place (Onyx) after their little dispute - seemed a bit pointless for Cullen's to take back over for what, three months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Wouldn't imagine their stock was exactly flying out the door this weather. Much of that stuff was major fashion accessory over the last few years but is seen to be 'vulgar' by many now. Trevor Musgrave opened his own place (Onyx) after their little dispute - seemed a bit pointless for Cullen's to take back over for what, three months?

It is the company that Trevor Musgrave ran which is being liquidated. 'Des Cullen Cars' the name is continuing to trade afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That's what you get for pigeon holing yourself, I remember when they sold cars that us normal folk could afford.

• Advertisement

Musgrave was operating this company using the Des Cullen name and was paying a certain amount in goodwill for it over a couple of years and apparently stopped paying same 08/09 due to downturn or not standing by his agreement according to the SBP. He then opened Onyx Cars and presumably Cullens then took up the running of Des Cullen Cars, which have still been advertising up until very recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

So does this mean those FAT FONTED NUMBER PLATES will now be consigned to being collector's items:D

Hey, look at me... I got my expensive car from the expensive guy in Sandyford.

Also heard a very strong rumour again today about a certain D24 dealer that was mentioned here late last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Also heard a very strong rumour again today about a certain D24 dealer that was mentioned here late last week.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I've yet to come across anyone who's had a good experience with them. That exclusive sports car franchise they have can't have been helping either. 1 registered this year up to June!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh no, we'll all have to go to the UK and get our Ferarris there :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Oh no, we'll all have to go to the UK and get our Ferarris there :(

They weren't an official ferrari dealer anyway. He was just buying from the UK.

When will his cars go for auction. I would love to see what they will fetch.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

weren't a lot of his cars advertised elsewhere by other dealers anyway, I don't think many of the cars for sale there were actually theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Strange, I heard completly the opposite ;)

Doesn't surprise me on the Des Cullen front - I've been hearing rumours from the finance side of things for a good while - surprised it's taken this long to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Joe Duffy Finglas is to build a new Audi dealership beside the current BMW shop. 12 million he is spending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

From what I hear on that one ( I presume we are talking about the same company ) the people who are currently running it are gone bust but that the company has been sold back to a previous owner. [ from good motor trade sources but no independent conformation ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is this as a result of the court case over the royalties?

I've heard a few employees have branched out themselves now and run 'dream cars'...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement