Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 URCHEEEZ

Hey all!!

I neeeed to find a room in nooth!I'm repeating second year this year and am getting desperate!!Can anyone help me out??:(

Louise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭waghag

I'm staying at a friends place at the moment and still can't find anything , there is barely anything on the house list and they offered me campus but I can't afford that. Someone told me last night that they were staying in a hostel I think he said it was on the Moyglare Rd but I went looking today I didn't see anything. Does anyone know anything about this , what it's like / price etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭tracy1002

have 1 bed apartments at €800 per month... if anyone is interested. May be over budget for students but just thought I would put it out there.... suitable for 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 erinlisa_11

hey are you still looking for someone or hav ya found a roomate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 2rio0

Hi sorry yeah that room is gone now but will let ya know if I hear of anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭waghag

hey are you still looking for someone or hav ya found a roomate?

Why? Do you know of somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hylandrecovery

Hi all, I've a double room to rent in moyglare village from 1/12/08 for €100 p/w if anyone is interested. Email me on hylandrecovery@yahoo.co.uk

Hope this may help somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mrziggy

To resurrect an old thread, avoid a certain well known letting agent in Cork City beginning with a "D" and a "H".... I hope you know who I mean.

Incompetent and unhelpful fools the lot of them and I might be seeing them before the PRTB soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Think I have a house sorted for €86 a week including bills in Beaufield. (from the college listings), whats the word about Beaufield? The room was lovely and bright, but it is self catering digs sort of thing too. Owner occupied but it's not a family, single lady.
    Other then that was thinking Silken Vale or Castlebridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Think I have a house sorted for €86 a week including bills in Beaufield. (from the college listings), whats the word about Beaufield?

Beaufield is hit and miss, and along with Kingsbry is one of the key catchment locations for maximum-density crooked landlords. A browse of the campus list should make it clear - this is from experience, so if you want me to name names, drop me a pm - we went through a lot of sh*t with one of them recently.

Its a mix of students and families, and some of the houses are in very poor repair (they are also very badly built, and depending on the level of interest your landlord takes in the property, this can amount to excessive damp infiltration - always check the corners of each room, particularly upstairs, and the windows for black residue - or poor plumbing).

Many students around, which was a nightmare for us as we were all on early morning work routines. Our house was broken into, along with others closeby, so check all windows for lock, proper fittings, and alarm if you can.

As with any property, take a good, close look at it.

• Advertisement

efla wrote: »
    Beaufield is hit and miss, and along with Kingsbry is one of the key catchment locations for maximum-density crooked landlords. A browse of the campus list should make it clear - this is from experience, so if you want me to name names, drop me a pm - we went through a lot of sh*t with one of them recently.

Its a mix of students and families, and some of the houses are in very poor repair (they are also very badly built, and depending on the level of interest your landlord takes in the property, this can amount to excessive damp infiltration - always check the corners of each room, particularly upstairs, and the windows for black residue - or poor plumbing).

Many students around, which was a nightmare for us as we were all on early morning work routines. Our house was broken into, along with others closeby, so check all windows for lock, proper fittings, and alarm if you can.

As with any property, take a good, close look at it.

Ok thanks, just booked Beaufiled. House is lovely and clean, really modern, has alarm and locks. Double glazing, looks like a twin room but is only single, really bright and airy and the landlady works in the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ur so sound

silken vale is a nice estate to live in, safe and near the bus/train. houses are new and i'm renting their for 300 a month

cluain aoibhinn bit out of the way/ houses are older but it's still ok

old greenfield...avoid.........

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

efla wrote: »

Oh I know the dodgy Beaufield landlords only too well! Here is your bedroom/sitting room/utility room/patio/broom cupboard. I'm actually surprised that some of them haven't looked into renting out their sheds but I suppose tis only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

What about Maynooth park? Don't think I saw any posts about it, or maybe I'm just not searching enough. Haven't seen many apartments there (based on daft.ie). How far is it from campus? Many students there, or more of a quiet area?

/John

Wendero wrote: »
    What about Maynooth park? Don't think I saw any posts about it, or maybe I'm just not searching enough. Haven't seen many apartments there (based on daft.ie). How far is it from campus? Many students there, or more of a quiet area?

/John

Its out by the Celbridge Road, near Maxol if you know the area. Depending on where the house is, it is about the same distance from Kingsbry

Sorry, but I don't know the area:( I don't live in maynooth.

How long time does it take to walk from there to campus? Are there any buses?

I'm hoping to get campus accomodation, but just in case.
    /John

Wendero, you should email the college, and ask them to send you a list of college listed houses, off campus, but much cheaper then campus and Daft.

Thanks, but I don't think I have to. Got an email today from the accomodation office saying that I got a place on campus. Don't know why I got it one day early, but I don't complain. However, it doesn't say anything about whether it's in river, rye or village. And I cannot interpret the email any different than that they are offering me a place - that's what it says in the title. Well, I'll just have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The draw for campus accomm was on at 8 o'clock tonight. Hope I get in. I wasn't worried about results or offers but this thing is really hanging over me!

Okay:)

Well, the email had the title "You have got a place on campus", it started with "You are now being offered a place on campus for 20009-10"... I guess that means I got a place, even thought I received it at 7:20 PM (that is, in your timezone). Maybe it was that I had special reasons?

Very well, I'm just happy to be in:)
    /John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Awooga

wooo moyglare... a bit of a walk (a whole ten minutes) but we had THE snowball fight of the year with our neighbours! nice almost-like-home houses for the people who want the Irish student experience but who don't want pneumonia or scabies... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

It's probably been said, but if you value your sleep on the nights you're staying sober, most areas around the main walkways on Campus accommodation are best avoided. I had a brief experience of ground floor Leavey (Beside the main door:mad:) Nearly. Drove. Me. Insane.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

hey ppls

i got maynooth...wasn't expecting it =O

who should i email to get an accomadation?

thanks

omg am i too late for the campus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

ok just thought I'd stick this in here, when do we find out if we got campus or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The_Hat

Campus draw was made on monday night. I don't think there's a second one but there's a waiting list in case anybody drops out of campus so best is to see if you can still apply for that?

aw yeah I already applied and I didn't get it :( where should I live now? will there be anywhere decent left?

aw yeah I already applied and I didn't get it :( where should I live now? will there be anywhere decent left?

Get on it as soon as you can, and be careful

yeah apparently I didn't put a valid email address on the form so they couldn't offer me it :mad: going up tomorrow to look for somewhere

• Advertisement

heya, when did you heard the decline?

i wrote to them on tues, i am on the backing up list, heard nothing yet
    when do i find out do i get it or not

Advertisement