Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

• 31-07-2007 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

Right lads set the poll up so get voting!

I really have nothing to do today!

Best Chipper in Cork 756 votes

Lennoxes, Bandon Road
    11% 87 votes
    KC's
    29% 223 votes
    Dino's, Douglas
    36% 277 votes
    Lennoxes, Tory Top Road
    1% 15 votes
    The Golden Fry
    4% 32 votes
    Dino's, Turners Cross
    7% 58 votes
    Barty's Chipper, Ballyphehane
    2% 21 votes
    Dino's, Kinsale
    2% 19 votes
    Zico's, Turners Cross
    1% 9 votes
    A N Other
    1% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Denny's in Ballinlough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ Jay Hot Boat

Lennox's on Bandon Road is still the best in the business, although standards have been slipping very slightly imo. Tip of the hat to Murphy's near the North Cathedral, which isn't in the poll but do a damn fine fish supper.

• The Lennox's on Tory Top road is a hole. The worst chips in the city and disgusting burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

GaryCocs wrote:
    Right lads set the poll up so get voting!

I really have nothing to do today!
    I take it you're a southsider?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

I'd go for Lennox's but bring back Mattie Kiely any day, there was a true chipper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Well zicos is by far the worst,your practicly eating grease in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Lennox's is gonna win because everyone thinks that it's the best, but to be honest it's not...

KC's ftw!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

center15 wrote:
    Denny's in Ballinlough!
    Tastebuds! We need a set of tastebuds over here, stat!

I can't believe Hillbilly's isn't in the poll. Or Hoggy's. Plus of course there's Mimmo's in Cobh. Amateurs, that's all ye are.

adam

• dulpit wrote:
    Lennox's is gonna win because everyone thinks that it's the best, but to be honest it's not...

KC's ftw!
    Everyone thinks its the best because it is the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

dahamsta wrote:
    Tastebuds! We need a set of tastebuds over here, stat!

I can't believe Hillbilly's isn't in the poll. Or Hoggy's. Plus of course there's Mimmo's in Cobh. Amateurs, that's all ye are.

adam
    Mimmo's have horrible oven chips. Hillbo's does indeed provide a mean breast in a bun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Wouldnt waste my time with Lennoxes tbh. KC's do a nice pitta but you cant beat Dino's Douglas for chips and a potato pie.
    bring back Mattie Kiely any day, there was a true chipper!
    QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Noticed that nobody has picked Lennox's on Tory Top Road... Which is a good thing, how the hell did that place make it onto the poll?

Same goes for Barties...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

dulpit wrote:
    Noticed that nobody has picked Lennox's on Tory Top Road... Which is a good thing, how the hell did that place make it onto the poll?

Same goes for Barties...
    they used to be great spots. sadly things change

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It really is between Lennox's and KC's isn't it? I voted Lennox's due to KC's being in Douglas where I never have reason to find myself. Lennox's chips haven't been as wonderful of late though. Jackie Big Tits (Double D) is some burger though.

54 votes? Didn't know this forum had that many users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

KCs ftw! lennoxs is muck (although the one on Angelsea St. does have some nice food despite its grottiness).

Its a class thing, inner city types and students love Lennoxs

the La di da types with their cars and Douglas homes go for the sumptous fare on offer in KCs all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Lennox Bandon Road -- where exactly is it ? -- was there years ago on the way back to Clon , and cannot rembember exactly where, I remember that you turn left on Westeren Road

dh0661 wrote: »
    Lennox Bandon Road -- where exactly is it ? -- was there years ago on the way back to Clon , and cannot rembember exactly where, I remember that you turn left on Westeren Road

Find Barrack Street and you shall find the chips you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Golden Fry all the way best pies in Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If I want to pollute myself with an overdose of greese then I'll have Dino's in Douglas.

The only Lennox's worth going to is the proper one in the Bandon Road.

Denny's by Cork Con is gay.

Dominos in Douglas ftw though!

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    If I want to pollute myself with an overdose of greese then I'll have Dino's in Douglas.

The only Lennox's worth going to is the proper one in the Bandon Road.

Denny's by Cork Con is gay.

Dominos in Douglas ftw though!

I think I'll give Lennox's a shout the next time on my way to Clon --- the rest of the places described seem to be a bit dodgy

dh0661 wrote: »
    I think I'll give Lennox's a shout the next time on my way to Clon --- the rest of the places described seem to be a bit dodgy

KC's is fairly awesome to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭buachaillbeoir

has to be lennoxes bandon road!!!! savage!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

KC's BLT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

KC's by far is the best chipper.

The chips in Dino's, Turners Cross are just so vile.

I was just checking the poll, how can there be such a vast differance between lennox bandon road @ 34.12% and lennox tory top road @ 1.18% - I presume that both shops are serving the same food, and are run by the same managment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

KCs is an experience. I brought a friend from Seattle there once and he was blown away...and that's saying something to impress a fast food lovin' American :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

How about Dino's Bishopstown? They do a mean burger.
    Where's KCs?

jimbo78 wrote: »
    How about Dino's Bishopstown? They do a mean burger. /quote]

they are not mentioned on the poll, only Dino's Douglas, Turners Cross and Kinsale are in the poll.
    I think I will have to go back to Cork for a while myself, and give my own opinion, and get fat :rolleyes: er

• Advertisement

I stopped going to Dino's Bishopstown, King Dinos are beasts but one time I went back because it was far too red on the inside and they didn't do **** but mostly because the chips were dire.

Advertisement