Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chess Software

• 09-01-2023 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

What is the best chess software to buy to use for storing games, analyising games and just for general use? It's been many years since I purchased chess software - Chessbase was what I used and it came with Fritz - but I would have no idea what is the best software to use nowadays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭McSim

Just download the latest Stockfish as an engine and Scid vs PC as an interface.

Both free and adequate.

Komodo is interesting alternative engine, and Komodo 13 is free legal download also.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

I would agree with the post above, Chessbase is what most use but it is a rip off and has various bugs still which is amazing after so long on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

If you dont want to use chessbase use lichess.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Chessbase is what I use - be lost without it for various reasons - I use it for mega and for creating training databases based off my OTB games and I like the interface for reading some .cbv books that I have. I also like using my own hardware for analysis with SF15 or Leela - far far superior to the likes of Lichess and Chess.com but obviously takes a lot longer - which isnt an issue when I dont have a huge amount of OTB games - sometimes I just leave it go overnight.

Advertisement