Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup 2022

• 15-11-2022 7:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭

All Chat, Tips, Bets, Offers etc can go in here.

365 have the Outright Betting as follows ....

I fancy Argentina to be there or there abouts but it really is a bit of guess as there are so many variables as always, particularly this year.

The Groups are as follows.....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

First weeks Fixtures.......

Sunday 20th November

Group A

Qatar V Ecuador - (16:00) - BBC One

Monday 21st November

Group A

Senegal V Netherlands - (16:00) - ITV

Group B

England V IR Iran - (13:00) - BBC One

United States of America V Wales - (19:00) - ITV

Tuesday 22nd November

Group C

Argentina V Saudi Arabia - (10:00) - ITV

Mexico V Poland - (16:00) - BBC One

Group D

Denmark V Tunisia - (13:00) - ITV

France V Australia - (19:00) - BBC One

Wednesday 23rd November

Group E

Germany V Japan - (13:00) - ITV

Spain V Costa Rica - (16:00) - ITV

Group F

Morocco V Croatia - (10:00) - ITV

Belgium V Canada - (19:00) - BBC One

Thursday 24th November

Group G

Switzerland V Cameroon - (10:00) - ITV

Brazil V Serbia - (19:00) - BBC One

Group H

Uruguay V Korea Republic - (13:00) - BBC One

Portugal V Ghana - (16:00) - ITV

Friday 25th November

Group A

Qatar V Senegal - (13:00) - BBC One

Netherlands V Ecuador - (16:00) - ITV

Group B

Wales V IR Iran - (10:00) - BBC One

England V United States of America - (19:00) - ITV

Saturday 26th November

Group C

Poland V Saudi Arabia - (13:00) - ITV

Argentina V Mexico - (19:00) - ITV

Group D

Tunisia V Australia - (10:00) - BBC One

France V Denmark - (16:00) - ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭munster87

I'm tempted by both the Spanish and the Netherlands for outright bets as I think there might be some value in both.

The South American sides are a bit short in the betting for me, as has been common in the past, but it's 20 years now since one of them managed it.

Spain looked good at the Euros when they weren't favoured beforehand and have some young players added this time around who could have a big say.

The Dutch have some great players in the spine of the team, Gakpo looks ready to explode too. Goalkeeper could be an issue though with a distinct lack of experience.

Who the goals are going to come from could be an issue for both sides too...

Who are you guys favouring and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Been building a bit of a portfolio mainly with freebies for a few months now so will do a quick rundown

Brazil 9/2 outright winner

Brazil to beat France in final 25/1

Brazil to beat Spain in final 50/1

Neymar player of the tournament 12/1

Lartauro Martinez top scorer 28/1

Memphis depay top scorer 33/1

Jamal Musiala young player of the tournament 7/1

Iran Cameroon Costa rica all to finish bottom of their group 5/2

Iran to score 0 goals and to lose all 3 group games 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Are RTÉ not showing some if not all matches )as much as possible).

it is an Oirish forum after all.

Maybe it was posted originally by someone not of this Island?

But still!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I copied a post from the Soccer Forum - I'm sure RTE and maybe Virgin are covering the games too.

Hardly an issue in fairness considering we use Bet365, SkyBet, William Hill, Sky Sports, BT Sports etc all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

I'll be having a punt on Spain to win it Gavi to be young player of the tournament and a little punt on Brazil to win and H Kane to be top scorer at 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Had a few nibbles today

Laurturo martinez top scorer 25/1

Darwin Nunez top scorer 50s and Mitrovic at 66s, both ew, hopefully the place part cops.

Argentina winner and Martinez top scorer, 100/1 with 365, very good price

main bet, over 30 goals between brazil, france, argentina 10/11

I was going to launch on the card markets but... under 9.5 Red cards at 10/11, there was only 4 in last world cup and 10 in 2018. Its hard to know with VAR and the standard of referees so i chickened out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

With Uruguay coming 3rd in South America & the 2 favs being from that continent you’d be expecting the 3rd fav to be close in betting. 50/1 is good value.

Their 2022 form has been very impressive too. Uruguay / Nunez at 500s for the double.

Will be starting off tomorrow with Qatar 1-0, Almoez Ali 1st scorer.. 25/1. Will do singles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Nunez/Uruguay @200_1 now. Still might be a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Kane top scorer 10/1 hills

England to beat Iran evens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My main interest is in the lowest scoring team market because (a) it gives me an interest in a lot of the lower-profile group games and (b) I like a market where a tie is a possibility, half a loaf better than no bread and all that. On Iran, Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Canada and Australia.

Also on: Netherlands highest scoring team

Golden Ball: Neymar, Pedri

Higest team scorer accas: Al-Shehri (Saudi)/Maehle (Denmark) and Maclaren (Australia)/David (Canada)/Suarez (Uruguay)/Vlahovic (Serbia)

Top league scorer double Ronaldo (Prem) [not sure if this is still strictly accurate but presumably they would honour it]/Lewandowski (La Liga)

Group stage acca: Brazil first-Cameroon last/Netherland first-Qatar last/Ghana

and Sky Request-a-bets:

Kane to score 4+ goals, Mbappe and Neymar each to score 3+ goals, Havertz and Nunez each to score 2+ goals & Modric to score 1+ goals @ 50/1

Argentina to win the World Cup, Messi to win the Golden Boot and Messi to win the Golden Ball @ 66/1

Messi to win the Golden Ball and Lautaro Martinez 3+ goals @ 16/1

Eriksen, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Nunez each to score 3+ goals @ 125/1

last one looks a great shout to me if Mitro is fit & firing...

Any thoughts on Equador today at around 11/8?

Odds seem rather big to me

Ecuador to have a Red card at 7/1 Qatar might get a little 'help'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Probably because of the match fixing rumours going around of Qatar to win 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Read somewhere that the host nation has never lost the opener since 2006 when the 'tradition' began. As ShamoBuc said 'expect Qatar to get plenty of help'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Morata 7/4 top Spanish goal scorer.

6/5 Anyone but the hosts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not surprised to see that PP have locked the team captains in the card markets.

Kane, Bale, VVD etc are all suspended, because of the threat of being booked instantly for wearing the 'OneLove' armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I see Kane to be booked at 7/1 Boylesports, 7/2 at PP. Not sure if it's a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Suprised Wales are 9/4 vs USA. Am I missing something obvious ?

Bergwijn over 1.5 shots and over 0.5 shots on target 1/1

Same bet with gakpo 10/11

Combining both at 7/2 aswell all with 365

• Advertisement

Coming on here to say same

way overpriced for me

Zielinski and cash backing both for motm as they look overpriced at 16/1 and 50/1 with 365

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Anybody know what price SA were to bear Argentina, purely inquisitive, wouldn't think any bookie would have to pay out

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sleepy Joseph

Happy to get my feet wet today feels their is some decent prices on offer.

0-0 half time score ziyech over 0.5 shots and both teams receive a card 14/5

Tough game to call the first one imo morrocco could be underrated by the market but expecting a cageyish first half with Croatia looking to control the game from the middle and it being a slow burner. Taking higher shot line on ziyech as singles he has proved at Chelsea he wants to shoot at every opportunity adding a small play on him scoring from outside the box at 11/1

Germany win and over 1.5 and over 0.5 cards in the game 4/5

All signs point to them playing with the handbrake off and filling half the team with their Bayern contingent important to get 3 points on the board with Spain up next.

Half time 0-0 5/2

Spain historically have struggled to break down the low block. Costa Rica will be setting up with 10 behind the ball at all times and make life as hard as possible for the Spanish. Has the feel of a game we have seen before with Spain starting slow in a big tournament was also surprised to read that they only won 1 game in 90 minutes in the euros despite looking like the best team for most of the tournament. 16/1 looks a bit of value for 0-0 too. Also nibbling at the Costa Rica double chance and navas to be booked 60/1 and Costa Rica to win with navas to be booked 230/1.

Btts both teams receive a card and over 2.5 goals in Canada Belgium 5/2

Not massively keen on Belgium for the tournament as a whole but this is a bit of an ideal opener with canada been quite vulnerable at the back while carrying plenty of attacking threat. Surprised to see that the old spurs duo of alderweireld and vertonghen at the back is who Belgium are relying on to keep the door closed Johnathan David is very good and after being touted with moves to bigger clubs than lille in the summer will be aiming to put himself in the shop window on this stage. 10/3 on him bagging anytime looks big to me so will have a play on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Anyone else agree that those bet builders are the worse ever to come on stream, only for those free bets I never touch them otherwise 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

And the fact that they are usually limited markets on them…gimmick

And the fact that they are usually limited markets on them…gimmick

• Advertisement

waste of time, I only take the free ones although occasionally I'll double up with card bookings.

Advertisement