Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Live at Apollo gift

• 09-09-2021 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Has anyone received their U2 live at Apollo yet from U2.com?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Not yet.

"Shipped" ages ago but, it's always the way with that fan club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fafy

A friend in London got his one 2 weeks ago, so they are enroute.

As has been said, a snail paced slow delivery. They really hype this up over many months, kind of string it along. Its interesting to compare the offering of say the National - fanclub, who have sent an exclusive vinyl for each of the last 3 years, no hype, apart from an email announcing it, and it comes when, they say it will.

Back to U2, no sign yet, of the full release of the Anton Corbijn film of the Joshua Tree 2017 tour shot in South America. It was allegedly getting a limited cinema release, but it could be a possibility for next years U2 fan gift

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭mrk75

Got mine last week - yeah they do drag it out, don't they? Seems to take an age to put it together and send it out. Probably all about getting as many people signed up as possible between announcing it and eventually sending it out.

In fairness, it's a cracker, though. Really good set list and the production is excellent. They sound like....wait for it...a band! Yeah, bass, drums and all that. A far cry from the over-produced, generic, flattened sound of so many recent albums where it could be any generic band with Bono singing over it.

The songs certanly help - the first three are all early stuff - and they sound like they've got a point to prove. It dips a wee bit after that and even the Sun Ra Arkestra seems a bit out-of-place. The slowed down version of Love Comes to Town isn't brilliant. It sems an unnecessary extravagance in an attempt to fit in with the soul music history of the Apollo.

No matter - overall a really good addition to the collection.....and they give you a face mask too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Shipped, but no UPS update in a while. Hopefully they won't get caught up in the disaster going on with An Post and mail from outside the EU at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Yeah no sign yet. Worried re Brexit etc. Hopefully will get it soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Looks like mine has been returned to the States. Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Still waiting messaged courier and they said they cannot assist until I get delivery date but my order says it is sitting in a depot in New Jersey for weeks. I don’t expect to receive this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fafy

Get onto support, have had issues before with non delivery, and they sorted it, sent a replacement.

https://www.u2.com/help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this a stand up comedy gig, usually comedy gigs at the Apollo.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Resubscribed last month but got a customs bill in the door the other day and I'm guessing the charge is for this gift

Gift was sent out the 11th Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭JKerova1

What do ye think of the new Achtung Baby gift? Granted it hasn't arrived yet but I think re-hashing old live material is really lazy to be honest, so much better things they could have done for an AB/ZooTV anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Got the two downloads yesterday...Ain't listened yet.

Would have liked the RDS gig from the tour remastered but alas...

Renewal up very soon and would like to have the option of not wanting the physical CD gift because of getting charged Customs tax

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭JKerova1

Yeah the only reason I renew is for the chance of ticket pre-sales, the gifts are virtually worthless.

Yeah the same and have got good tickets for gigs through the club pre sales

I did watch the 4K stream of the recording from the 'E&I tour' and it was quite good. Also have the DVD

Think they will be a tour either mid-late 2023 or 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

Did anyone receive emails about pre sales for bonos book signing tour?

Got an email confirming the tour but nothing about a presale yet

Message at the end of the email

'PS. Paid subscriber to U2.com? Keep an eye on your mailbox….)'

Got that same email.

Should I ask in the pre sale form if I missed to up on u2s site?

I'm not on the subscription at the moment

Ah ok, could you provide a link of possible?

• Advertisement

Just got email there from the fanclub

'Tickets go on general sale this Friday but as an existing U2.com subscriber (with a paid-up subscription before today's announcement), this Thursday October 6 at 10 am (local time) you can enter a presale with the chance to buy a pair of tickets for one of the shows.

PLEASE NOTE: Demand will be high and tickets will be sold on a first-come first-served basis while inventory lasts. Taking part in the presale as a U2.com subscriber is not a guarantee of tickets.

Later this week you'll receive notification of your unique code enabling you to enter the presale.'

Regarding the 3 pre sale, if you have the 3 plus app there should be a link in the 'music pre sale' section

I dont think I got it as I'm not subscribed, should I get the three plus app?

Checked the app you have to pay for it, so it looks like I'll have to wait until friday

Advertisement