Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iveagh Gardens - Set Times - Caribou

• 03-06-2022 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey have tickets to the rescheduled Caribou gig in Iveagh Gardens on Friday 8th July, anyone have any idea if there will be a support act or more detail on stage times? Aiken says doors are at 5pm, ticketmaster says 6:30pm... I got an important thing I have to go to the same evening so I don't mind skipping the support (if there is any) but just want an idea of when Caribou would likely be on stage, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Fanirish

as for pretty much all concerts everywhere main act is going to start between 8:45 -9:15

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

Looking forward to this should be good. Saw him in Vicar Street in February right after lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

the one support listed is (DJ) Courtesy who I saw in Wigwam on Saturday and was great, strangely described as trance which I guess I can see why but the most fun and interesting trance I've ever heard.

'Live' at this venue its likely to be her own produce music more chill, more trance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce542e2MZv0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Of course you can miss it if you've got something to do but for everyone else if you can find out what time is she is starting don't miss it.

Post edited by pjcb on

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

covid means a change of support :/ https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfqj-haqkfZ/?hl=en to chosta which you can check out here https://www.instagram.com/chostamusic/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CftPhMEoSqE/?hl=en

Gates ~ 6:30PM

Chósta ~ 7:30PM

Caribou ~ 9:00PM

how long are the queues to get in ?

and to get a drink ? (water for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Any suggestions or recommendations on where to go after the gig tomorrow night? Haven't had a late night out in town in ages. My usual go to spots such as the Grand Social, Lost Lane, Tengu don't appear to have anything in particular on. Would even settle for a pub if I knew they'd be open till 2am-ish!

If they're going to shut at 12.30 I think I'd be wiser getting the bus home while they're still running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

Promoter suggests this

BTW some buses run 24hrs now

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-bus-what-routes-24-23143101

Well that was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah great gig, first time at a gig in the Iveagh Gardens it's a nice spot. Thought it finished fairly early though, it was only around 10.15pm when they said they had one tune left to play.

It's pretty much the way with these in city outdoor gigs. Been to 5 or 6 and they have all finished before 10.30. Must be a condition with the local residents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon its the vintners behind that rule too, they want people to spend their euros in the night clubs and bars in the city after the gigs.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

It’s nothing got to do with vintners. It’s solely the local county council.

( with contributions from local residents). Any outdoor concert or concerts in a built up residential area is either getting a 10:30 or 11 curfew. How built up an area is, previous local residents agreements etc play a part in whether it’s 10:30 or 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

Anybody here have an issue with ticket transfer on Ticketmaster for this event on Friday? My friend was unable to accept the ticket and I couldn't cancel the transfer so it was stuck somewhere in between (eventually got it sorted by the box office) . Ticketmaster are being quite evasive about the problem and I see the option for transfer for villagers is now unavailable though it was last week

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

I had major problems with Ticketmaster Transfer for this gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

That was an incredible gig, great atmosphere. Had never been to a gig in Iveagh Gardens before, really nice as a venue. Saw him at the Galway Arts Festival a few years back, place was near empty so it was cool to see the reception this time

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭avud

I've got to pick my daughter from the rex orange county county tonight in iveagh Gardens. What approximate time will this finish and where can one park, I've never been around this venue before. TIA

10:30 curfew

hatch street should be okay for parking at that hour

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

Seconded Hatch Street Lower, I parked there for the Caribou gig and there was loads of spaces by the time I got out

Advertisement