Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Babylon takeaway

• 26-05-2022 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

has anybody eaten in this place? just got an order tonight well it was ordered for me there wen i got home.

my god was it bad, we ordered a cheese pizza and that came with salami on top which we didnt ask for, the cheese looked translucent and there was a piece of blue plastic in the dough.

i had a kebab special which was worse, it had no saue, it had a large cubed piece of lamb which was very tough like an off cut off a sunday roast, a large chunk of chicken which looked like it was an off cut not a nice clean cut just a large piece almost like a square, that was dry no juice like it had been reheated a few times, then when i looked inside there were 2 rolls of mystery meat, i cant say what they came from it was meat, i decided to bite into one and i said ill break it in 2 first by hand thank god i did that cos it was deffinetly rancid meat the smell off it. keep away i will be ringing the hse tomorrow about it cos this place shud be shut down. we called them and got a oh we never had any complaints before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What did they do to remedy the situation when you contacted them to offer them the opportunity to make things right, before coming on here to whinge??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

i contacted them straight away,and we were offered nothing in the way of refund just we never had complaints before, and im not coming om here, i want to see has anybody else had the same experience and to let people know, as i said the meat smelled rancid inside it, the whole kebab looked really poor, i work im a kitchen and that is shockin what was served.

oh and sorry i didnt know u were the boards police, im sure your very busy goin round givin out to people for what they post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Ah yeah that place wouldn't be a favourite of any person I know that has eaten from there.

i mean im alarmed, the meat smelled rancid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I went in there last year to get food, place was crawling with flies and bluebottles, they were on the counters and on the food prep areas, everywhere, unfortunately I had the food ordered online and collected it, food went in the bin, wasn't going to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Will avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wouldn't be the first negative review of the place, and wouldn't go near it myself.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I'd avoid hot corner aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dzilla

Used to amazing bout 5 years ago.

Got it last year and it was vile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

I got a pizza in there about 3yrs ago and it was disgusting it was my first and last time in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

I tried Babylon when it opened first and I thought it was amazing too ,but have heard lately its gone bad ,maybe new owners or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

I mean just look at the place from the outside. That tells you everything.

Chick Chuck is another one. You don't see how bad these places are until you actually visit them yourself. My god was it rancid to see how they handled food and the general hygiene of the place/staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Pizzaland on Ballybricken is another dump, gets rave reviews on Just Eat.

Had to collect food in there one night because they effed up my online order, nearly puked when I saw the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

How are all these places surviving - surely they can't all be making money considering the amount of them in operation and the general crap food they serve up as mentioned above? Close to 100 takeaways in Waterford on JustEat alone.

I think alcohol may be a big factor, not the chefs the punters, wen your 3 sheets to the wind and starving who will even remember!!!

just eat and the likes, people dont even see the premises and therefore the standards, back in the day not sure about now, chineese takeaways used to scrub outside walls windows etc to give a good impression of good cleaning stanards.

i suppose moral of the story visit the premises at least once or twice before a visit.

They will be getting a visit anyway, its our civic duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

was always meaning to try it out...drove past it the othe day and saw the filth of it...so that made my mind up.Istanbul was always my go to for kebabs.Havent been in years but always enjoyed Zatoons in Dublin and Reyna looks good also.. always hoping that another place would open up that was on a par with those..

I had a meal the other day in the Sushi place SHIKI, its delivered as a Chinese/Japanese restaurant, The decor was ok nothing amazing, was grand, good clean but my GOD the SUSHI was really really good, i suppose the general rule of thumb with Sushi is its gotta be really fresh and there's very little room for error with raw fish but it was really really tasty well presented plus they deliver, it was around 12.30 when we went in and apparantly they are always very busy, there were a few people in but they were already backlogged with takeaway orders so there was a small wait nothing mental. all round very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Used to love Shiki but found the last two times abysmal. Same meal everytime too so wasn't that they were good at something and bad at something else. Never got sushi from there mind you. Heard of a few other people complaining too lately....again not the sushi.

Yeah the Sushi was very good, I was picking that off my daughters plate, I got a fancy sounding prawn dish with rice which ended up being a prawn curry was grand but i will only go for the Sushi next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement