Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options
1132133134135136138»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

What do I do with this order?

This hasn't moved since the 13th of December. I already had to go down the route of a refund/chargeback with one order.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your supplier needs to chase it from their end, and get a refund back from DPD if necessary. If it happens enough they’ll get rid of DPD. Nothing else you can do, the contract is between DPD and the sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BABRICK

Hey Everyone, I made an order from a seller on the 1st and my Order was shipped via DPD on the 4th. Since then the tracking states “Data Received” and hasn’t been scanned since. It usually gets a scan in Belgium then arrives in Ireland 2-3 days later however it’s now 4 days and nothing and still states only “data received”. I’m wondering and this happened to anyone before, will the parcel just show up in Ireland and just missed a scan for its outbound journey or because it wasn’t scanned it will be lost and never show up. First time DPD tracking hasn’t updated with this retailer. Any info would be appreciated thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Retailer created a label, registered it in a system, but did not hand it over yet - that's most likely scenario.

If I was you, I'd politely ask retailer if it's actually despatched or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Angry at DPD at the moment... My parcel left yesterday and I thought it would maybe arrive on Monday. Woke up this morning to see there was a text message that they'd try to deliver my parcel by Monday, nothing else. When I checked the tracking, it said the parcel was in a van and would be delivered today. I never received another text message but when I checked the tracking half an hour later, it said the parcel would be here between 10 and 11 am. Needless to say they never arrived but the tracking says they tried to deliver and I wasn't home. I'd say the guy knew when he loaded the van that he wouldn't even try to deliver my parcel today. I would have been ok with the delivery on Monday but it's so annoying that I was here waiting for the delivery and hundred percent sure they never even drove past the gate. I hope they will be delivering it on Monday because there's no card, no email or text message with a link to reschedule or anything. I don't even know how to contact them (they've made it more difficult than before) and I've got a splitting headache now.

Hahah, DPD basically calling me a liar now, saying the driver's scanner was pinged near my house and sent me a pic of the map which doesn't really tell me whether the driver was sitting in the van hundred meters from my gate or standing behind the gate post or wall a few meters away. It doesn't really matter though since the driver made no attempt to even get in. I guess pushing a button or calling the number on the parcel was too much. Today a stealth delivery guy delivered the parcel but I don't know how they do it to be honest. I was staring at the gate for fifteen minutes and had just turned my head away from the window two seconds earlier thinking "nothing yet" when I hear a knock on the door and before I could jump down the stairs, he's already at the gate. Luckily he did leave the parcel at the door. I don't know how he got in since I didn't let him in. It's getting harder and harder to receive parcels it seems. You have to have ninja skills to catch the delivery drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I need to have a parcel sent to a pick up point however for some reason anything I buy from that particular website cannot be redirected on the DPD app or website.

Should I just use the address of the shop itself?

Has DPD changed their policies or do they just like to mess with me? Now if I don't check their website constantly, I wouldn't be aware when my parcels arrive. No emails or texts anymore a day before a delivery. They send me a text message about an upcoming delivery 20 minutes before they're supposed to arrive. I remember a time when they would let you know at least a couple of hours before.

What I find the most irritating thing is that they've got the same incompetent delivery guy back working my area MOD: <SNIP> Don't go there. he's just as rude and unreliable otherwise as he used to be. What's changed though is that now you cannot get in touch with the customer service as easily as you used to.

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

I think I must have a record now,

Parcel picked up in Kildare on the 22nd of April to be delivered to Co. Clare, 11 days later and still not delivered. I checked the tracking and it is saying "We tried to deliver but we didn't have the correct address" What a joke of a company, what useless employees they have. I wouldn't trust any single one of them to run a bath tub now.

O-O

A butch of wasters, I'll never use them again. Customer is still waiting for the delivery. I can't see him giving me any more business after this.

An Expensive lesson learnt now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just noticed that a couple of items from Amazon are flagged as

Delivery attempted 22 August

Unfortunately, DPD wasn't able to complete your delivery and needs additional information to try again. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Here we go again, maybe a driver who couldn't be bothered to drive out to me to deliver - that definitely can happen, but if I remember correctly last time this happened DPD had put their own sticker over Amazons and removed the eircode and phone number.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I can't log onto my DPD Parcel Wizard account today (Monday 03 April 2023) on any device I try I'm getting "ReCaptcha Validation Failed".

Well, there is no recaptcha displayed anywhere on any device.

Anybody else having the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Would not recommend using this company whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ce he sin

Is it just me or are DPD a clueless shower?

At this time every year I order some printed envelopes from a printer in Dublin. For the past three years DPD have cocked it up. Today the delivery that was promised never came. I used their track and trace which gave me this:

They had the correct address. They had the eircode. They had my phone number. Any normal person would have used one or other of these. But no. Return to base. They did the same in previous years and on one occasion sent my packages back to the printer which took three weeks and ruined them.

Anybody else with similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭tiegan

All couriers will do this when short of time, especially in December. Very frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I was going to get DPD to pick up a parcel tomorrow but I have no way of weighing it.

Only thought of using DPD about half an hour ago. That is why I’m not prepared and weighing it is just not possible.

Does anyone know if the drivers have weighing scales in the vans?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭user302243

No they don't, but the parcel may have weight and dimensions audited and they'll hit you with a surcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ordered something from UK on online and stated on website for delivery to Ireland

Delivery fees include all Tax and Duty charges where applicable. No additional fees will be charged on delivery.

However dpd sent mail saying won't release unless custom paid

is this right and can I do anything about it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Contact the sender, they'll need to sort it out with DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

When you're sending a parcel with DPD door to door, do they give you a 1 hour predict window for picking up the package?

I know they do it when you're receiving a parcel.

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

For me they didn't turn up day 1. Then I cancelled as they said it would be the following day, and the driver turned up 20 minutes later. He had no notification of a collection for the previous day. Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So my local DPD service used to be great with a lovely friendly driver too but recently it has just gone crap. I have been waiting all day for an important package and still no sign of it. That's a whole day wasted. Very annoyed. How late do the drivers normally work till? Used to get a message saying the hour when the package would be delivered too but no now it's just the day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Got a delivery yesterday via DPD. Text said between 2.20 and 3.20. It arrived at 2.55.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭_H80_GHT

New guy could be a boards user, privy to your incessant nonsense thread creation and is getting some form of payback.

Ms

That's The way it used to be around here but not now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Grow up.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

MOD: If you have nothing constructive to add, then don’t say anything.

Advertisement