Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nio ET7

Options
  • 12-03-2022 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭

Announced quite some time ago, but now coming to Europe imminently, Norway first. Will undercut the likes of BMW 7-series, Mercedes S-class, Audi A8 and Tesla Model S by a big margin on price. Coefficient of drag at just 0.208 is extremely good, this is important for long distance motorway driving. 150kWh battery pack, again class leading and good for a WLTP range of around 750-800km (unkel's estimate 😂)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EpT3YO6dgs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's probably to big for me but assuming that's €60-65k here then maybe the ET5 comes as well but at €40-45k? That'd leave room for an ET6 in the €50-55k range.

I'd be all over the ET5 at that sort of money.

If they released a small hatchback at €30-35k it'd fly out of showrooms.

Please, please please come to Ireland and be reasonably priced. It would be a serious market disruptor and would force Tesla, Cupra, VW etc all to reduce prices which would be brilliant for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You get used to a big car fairly quickly, believe me. And not just yourself but your other half too 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

She wants the ID Buzz. I've a 2KM commute so I could walk but no thanks.

That ID Buzz (basically a mediocre van with windows and seats) is probably roughly going to be the same price as the Nio ET7. Crazy stuff, I know what I would prefer. And it's not a van 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah Nio, you CHAdeMO vixen

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

these guys seem to like it

@Akrasia - check the link in the OP 😂

CHAdeMo is popular in China. I would bet serious money that the ones coming to Europe will have CCS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Definitely the designer was a fan of the Audi A7. A pity it’s not a hatchback but otherwise a gorgeous car.

I would guess it will be a long time before we get offered Nio in Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Defo a very nice car and those marques should be rightly concerned. I think the Chinese brands are set to expand but the Ukraine issue is going to have a really tough effect on the car market and the eu economy especially. Belts tightening!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I could be wrong but I thought Bjorn tested one in Norway (maybe not this model) and it was CHAdeMO

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Was it an actual EU car though? I’ve seen him test a Chinese car or two, but they were imports, not final European hardware.

Advertisement