Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,536 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I’ll take it. At this stage I just want to see these lads fooking fighting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Butson

Whyte still hasn't signed contract!

Hopefully doesn't fall through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Aye aren’t they asking him to accept 80-20? 20% of that cake would be a quare handshake. He’s likely to lose and lose royally which would limit his value for the next fight or two so looking to get well seen to this time round

Well, if he really is all about wanting his shot and doing it for legacy n all that, then he should take his circa 8 million pounds and fooking fight

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His last fight ge made 600k hes getting 8 million for this and an extra 4 million if he wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

If Whyte doesn't sign then I never want to hear from him again.

He could be have the hump and just be refusing to make Fury & the promotion any more moeny & has decided not to do any media or hype for the fight,

There is no way in hell he turns the fight down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Interesting times, because the wbc ordered 80/20, queensbury were able to go in high, so they are guaranteeing dillian a bit less than 8 million, there is no way fury is getting 30 odd million. Afternoon fight between 2 brits in america?

Frank & tyson agreed a deal before hand for a lesser amount and a split for the ppv + gate so they can go in high and have control of the promotion. (well that's my guess)

Now dillian is sat there silently, saying (without words) would you like me to help sell this fight? He has no reason to sign before the 21 feb.

The fight will be in the UK

Whyte is very odd he never made close to this before lost to an oldan to fights ago and somehow still upset he isn't getting 10 million

Does he not realize Fury is now a massive draw in the states so he himself should put in some effort into the build up and of he wins he can gain himself a decent following,

Seems to have very little foresight

An absolute knob....nobody knows the chap at all....In most other eras he'd be a journeyman, and here he is making a huge amount more than he has ever made before, and he's stalling it seems.....Should be happy with 10 percent, never mind 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Sorry, I meant in order to be big it needs to be a hit in America as well, afternoon ppv over there. It will probably be in Cardiff stadium, interesting that before this fight was made fury was either going to fight in Manchester arena or an arena in US, so he couldn't fill Cardiff on his own.

Whyte co promotes all his fights so the purse from previous fights isn't the whole story. It was widely reported a total figure of about 5 million for the first fight against povetkin and 50/50 in the second with Whyte guaranteed 4 million. During lockdown so the first fight had no gate btw, the second 100 fans.

Why would he not look for the maximum he can get?

Eddie hearn has said the bid he put in was going to lose money, promotors know these figures, they can roughly calculate these things, maybe not exactly but that's the job they do, but hearn would of had to pay fury the full 80% of the bid.

Whyte has a negotiating position for more just by saying nothing and doing the minimum. I'm fairly sure fury isn't getting the reported 80%, he will have a lesser amount and percentage of the gate and ppv. Whyte might be looking for a % too.

Whyte still to sign according to Warren. Hearn saying they haven’t received contracts, and that Warren hasn’t paid a 4 million pounds deposit.

Whyte to get circa 10 million dollars (7 in pounds) for the fight. Fury about about 30 million dollars (23 in pounds).

a 6 million dollars (4 in pounds) bonus if Whyte wins..

As of yesterday the deposit has been made and Fury has signed up,

Whyte is getting 8 mill 12 if he wins

Fury said undisputed fell through because AJ wanted 5 million nore (20) Whyte wante dmore and Uysk said he wouldn't be ready till May,

Fury said he decided it was all to much and reckons AJ is scared atiff of Uysk and that fight wont happen,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Apparently Whyte still hasn't signed his part of the contract to fight Fury and the deadline to sign is today.

I heard its 6 am tomorrow morning but could be wrong ,

Whyte holding out for more money, wants money to do the press conferences and so on ,

How much of a mug will he look if he keeps up the silence and just gets stopped in 5 rounds,

Also he should fire his management team or advisors,

Fighting Fury is a way to get your name out there and generate more cash for future pay days, Get yourself know to general public and in the states, Whyte making some really stupid choices ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭robwen

Should be entertaining anyhow. Fury in R8 for me.

Can't wait for this....

Fury, if he boxes smart and clever should win, but if he gets tagged clean, who knows. Whyte has quite decent one shot power.

I'll be rooting for the shock KO win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,641 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

White has done well in promoting himself etc , but when you look at the cv its not great is it,,, arguably beating Parker on pts is his best moment something which Chisora arguably did in their 1st fight.

Fury unless he goes off the rails should have no issues , tbh was hoping the fight would not happen and we would get Fury v Ortiz instead.

Whyte is limited but you have to take him seriously just because he is big strong & a bit ignorant

He's a hard nights work .at stages you'll have to bite down on the mouth guard ,& you will get wet & frustrated at points ,

Fury should be to good, too big for him, to slick & clever

Whyte is going to try and pressure Fury & i think he'll be in for a surprised at how difficult it will be ,

I reckon late stoppage about 10 rounds ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Can't see anything bar a late Fury stoppage. Whyte will be game but he won't have the tank to live with Fury's pace for 12 rounds.

I think Fury will puck the head of him and break him down. It wouldn’t shock me to see the corner pull him out or him not meet the bell, and I think he’s a very game lad. I think he can be competitive in ways but the problem is that Fury is better than him in every way and has massive advantages in movement, height and reach. Whyte hasn’t won big fights with much authority against Chisora or Parker for instance. Trying to claim that POV was a big fight is just stupid, it was however important. I think Fury can choose to win a few ways here. There is the chance of a shock KO but I really can’t see that happening.

Fury vs Ortiz is an even worse mismatch by the way. Ortiz was very lucky Charles Martin didn’t end his career. He’s finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fancy Fury to take it on points.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I agee with this. Whyte not that good at all, but big and punches hard enough, and won't be afraid to give it a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,641 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I dont think that whyte has improved since Joshua fought him and Joshua was out of his league, if Fury is properly motivated it should be a routine win for him.

Let's hope neither lads gets busted for drugs cheating again...!

I wonder what weights the lads will come in at.......

Will Fury be aiming for size and weight and power, and in thinking this, maybe come in 275+

Or could he decide on sharpness and fleet feet and come in low 260s?

• Advertisement

Word last time was with covid , injury , & the issues with his kid he in no way planned to come in at the weight he did but had no real other choice,

I'd expect him to be lighter this time and to be honest being more mobile against Whyte will suit him ,

Advertisement