Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling app: rouvy, zwift etc how to choose?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

ZwiftInsider has a good description of each routes available on each world. I've just gotten back into Zwift and pick a route that interests me for the day.

One thing I don't like about Zwift is the elevation map, very hard to see what is coming up. Would love an integration between the KOMs and Strave live segments so you can see how you are going compared to friends

I hate aimlessly riding around on Zwift as I find even an hour is interminable, but if I do one of the decent workouts they have then time flies and you get great bang for your buck. By that token, I'm not sure I'm using many of the features as when you are doing a workout I don't look at anything other than the wattage required. I might look into TrainerRoad as the workouts do look much better. So many of the workouts on Zwift are all over the place and needlessly complicated.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There used to be a way of just changing a line in a data file or something and have it default on your preferred world.

One of best things about rgt is magicroads and the endless types of routes you can do. Limited workout options though, and I've no idea how to change the map you do them on anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭barleyman

Agree with this, i use Defender which is now Wahoo Systm for training and the free RGT (now works off a single device) for longer endurance stuff and the odd race.

RGT getting a lot better, have really started building a community with more and more events that can all be accessed with the free version.

RGTDb

For training i really like Defender , the music and the videos are all choreographed and really do make a difference when suffering. Also, I really detest erg mode, find it hard to get cadence nailed, and do all my training on level mode which Defender also supports

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

I basically pick a ride that last an hour and go on that. I dont bother taking notice with ftp or measuring cadence as i haven't got a clue what they are really. Im back kickboxing 90 mintues twice per week so i can only get one cycle in on the trainer per week now so an hour is enough. I would get bored on it any longer in anyway. Tomorrow, im getting the winter gear on and going for a real cycle. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement