Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killarney Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Can anyone recommend some kind of gym/fitness classes in and around Killarney for over 65s ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

B Well fitness are top class for all ages and abilities, owned and operated by Neilus Hayes and Edele Daly. They have Peter McCarthy working there as a trainer and he really is top class at what he does. I used him myself when I was coming back to fitness training after a bad sports injury and I piled on the weight. He is very patient and tailored everything to my needs.

Pop in and ask for Peter or Edele and either of them would be happy to help you. https://bwellfitnessclub.com/our-team/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Was out walking near Ross Castle.... what is story with those houses being built on right on way to Castle. They in shell format behind large wall but have a new entrance made for them. Are they for sale or all sold ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

The stage they are at now has been the stage they have been at for a few years - I can't rightly recall but I would say at least 2 years.

The only recent progress has been the new entrance.

I'm pretty much 100% that they haven't been sold/put on the market to the public.

There might be a chance that the developer who started the project might have sold the project onto another developer and that is why there is the new entrance.

I think [not certain though] that construction projects have a certain time limit before planning permission expires (and if it expires the developer has to go through the hassle & cost of getting it again) so that might be the reason behind the recent activity.

Maybe a search on the Kerry County Council website might yield more info ? Or one of the local auctioneers might know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bendy1911

Hi Lilac,

The gym I go to, Activate, has a "Masters" programme. Think it's the only one around that caters to this demographic that I'm aware.

Lovely gym, very clean, sound bunch that go there and an overall really friendly vibe to the place.

It's run by the physiotherapist that works out of there and he's a really sound fella so I'm sure you'd be in good hands.

go onto their scoria media or website: www.activate.ie to check them out.

Post edited by bendy1911 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The road is in a bad way around Major Colgans. It needs to be resurfaced something terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Are any of the hotels doing entertainment/music after the 8pm pub curfew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes. The section of the main road, from its junction with road up to Muckross Church out as far as the entrance to Muckross House could badly do with resurfacing. Would be a good time of year for it also with a bit less traffic around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Hi, anybody know where i could get the number of social15? Cant find it anywhere online, lost something in there i think.

• Advertisement

I'd message them on Facebook and Instagram. Be your best chance of contacting them

Maybe you could get a friend to do it? The same people own Reidys and McSorleys if you wanted to give them a call and see if they have a contact. Would it be possible to drop in around opening time when its not too busy?

haha from tipp so bit of a trek, i will contact mcsorleys. Thanks

Ah feck. Hopefully they're able to help. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Anyone tell me is there a late night venue in Killarney this week with the restictions lifted?

• Advertisement

Wonder what's going into what used to be Maher's Sports (I think) in Upper High St. Lots of layout work going on when I passed yesterday. Is Gaby's restaurant gone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Mahers Sports is becoming an Adult Education Centre

Gabys was sold and is in the process of becoming a new restaurant, heard its Johnny Buckley

Kerry ETB or a private college I wonder. All change in High st!

Where can one dispose of dead bushes/ branches/ hedges / lawn cuttings in Killarney. Is there a facility to bring these to the recycling center outside of town???

Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Try the national park, it will feed the deer and left overs be excellent fertiliser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Yes there is a recycling centre in Coolcaslagh just off the Cork rd. The left turn onto the road is about a kilometre past the Supervalu centre - across the road from the Antique store. The centre is on the right about 2 kilometres from there.

I wouldn't recommend disposing them in the park as another poster advised. You could be prosecuted if caught

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Anyone know when the grand is re-opening again?

Officially announced yesterday that Nike in the Outlet Centre are closing on 5th March after 23 years in Killarney.

A loss of 25 jobs and a definite blow to retail in the Town

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

That's awful news. I know someone who works there, has done for years. Sorry to hear this. I haven't been in there for a good few years unfortunately, keep meaning to when I'm in Killarney, but never get the time.

Armed robbery attempt in the post office this morning. Gunman seen heading in beech road direction

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Is The Grand still not open. Heading to Killarney for the first time in 2 years this weekend and that is where we always go to.

Mrs Mc Carthy & myself spent a day in killarney last week......so we visited the outlet centre.......have to say it was an awful anticlimax. Half the units seem to be closed & it was pay-to-park.....so €2 to park to visit a half empty centre. Terrible that jobs are being lost but it wasn't a great " draw' all things considered.

Looks to have been a big turn out for the collection for Ukraine. Great to see, afaik their not taking clothes anymore, just toiletries, blakents, pillows, sleeping bags and food. So many people giving a hand, amazing to see.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has the Nike store closed yet? Might be in Killarney tomorrow, but not sure if they are still open?

*edited to say its already closed....

Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Super Valu have additional car parking on site now but it hasn't really changed the traffic congestion at that roundabout, just moved one of their entrance /exits slightly nearer the Heights. Haven't been to new Supermacs/Papa Johns yet but it looks well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone know if you can lodge cheques to the ATM outside the BOI in Killarney afterhours?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Salvadoor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is anyone having coverage problems with Vodafone in the Woodlawn area?

My friend who lives there says their coverage is almost non-existent. They just changed from another service provider last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Hey folks,I'll be in killarney on Sat 22nd of May,I'm just wondering Where's a good spot to watch the fa cup final,I was thinking maybe Scott's, will they be showing it? If not where else,I'll be on my own so anywhere with a nice crowd would be good.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

There's a good chance Scott's will be rammed so might be hard to get a good set. Jimmy O'Briens and Corkerys are good sports bars, you might be better off there.

Hi All

Where in Killarney can I get a top copy of a Photograph I need copying???

I don't have a negative - just a Photo that I want copied x 5 copies to distribute to family members. So want the copies as per the original which is about 12in high x 8in wide.

Many thanks

Are the road works and traffic lights at the Kenmare junction on the N22 still there this week or are they finished?

Has anyone here tried the new restaurant, Harrow, on High Street? Menu looks good, and photos on Facebook look nice, but seems a bit expensive. Was looking for a bit of feedback before trying..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

same here. Seen the menu and it does indeed look very expensive but waiting to hear some feedback before trying. Not much talk about the place anyway as of yet...

Good to see some work starting on White Gates. It's been a blot on the landscape for long enough.

Apparently white gates will be used for accommodation for more Ukrainians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Is there any plan for a bypass for Killarney. Lost a lot of time trying to get to Tralee for work there last week.

Yes, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for it just yet.

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/farranforekillarney-bypass-route-in-2022-40964004.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another murder in Killarney

RIP Miriam Burns

Shocking stuff. My only memory of her is cycling around town with a smile on her face. You'd have to wonder who in their right mind would murder such a person.

RIP.

Killarney has a bypass since the late 1980s. it's where the longest traffic jams can be found now. Avoid Killarney if it's not your destination. There are ways around it from most approaches, albeit minor roads in but it's worth learning them if you are travelling regularly. Traffic is bad now and will only get worse with schools coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Does anyone know anyone local that would supply a new oil tank and also put it on blocks and everything else, drain the old tank etc?

Hi All....... am looking for some help.

I need a recommendation to where I can get my car repaired and serviced for the NCT.

Someone completely took my side wing-mirror off and so I need a NEW/ Second-hand one to be re-attached (including the electric element therein).... so this is the tricky part needing repairing. I dont think I will pass teh NCT with this missing.

Would be also handly of they could de me a NCT Service at the same time......

So... anyone hot a recommendation for me???

Thanks in advance....

• Advertisement
Advertisement