Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Nick Foster is living in the same realm as Marie Farrell as far as I am concerned.

He can't be taken seriously, has made some outrageous claims, and is a proven turncoat.. (anything to turn a buck).

The very fact that he wants to make money from Sophie's murder says it all..

He wormed his way into Bailey's and Jules home, milked them for information, carried it over to Sophie's family, and then wrote his fantasy book after finding proof that Bailey killed her... Some Budda God or something (no I'm not interested in the exact wording he stated).

As the previous poster stated, he's now running around with a peado with some hot jailhouse inside news.... Give me a break!!!!

Note - As peado's go... This is a nasty piece of goods, he's particular crime was gut churning, Hell is too good for him.

Nick foster can tweet all he wants, he's a parasite.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

So many suspects, all of which are more interesting than Bailey...

This guy interests me the most...can any one confirm if this is the son of the French-speaking publican who was interviewed in Netflix series,

(Text copied from indimedia)..After Mr Baileys libel case it emerged that a local man had not been interviewed, let alone suspected, was present in the immediate location of the murder on the night i question . A local Garda who was involved in the investigation "from the beginning" admitted he had never even heard of this man. He had visited the home of the mans family but did not know he existed!

This young man, a fluent French speaker who had been educated in private schools in France and Ireland was staying with his family a very short walk from the murder scene on the night of the murder. Why did Gardai not investigate him? Why did his family not mention his presence in the locality that night in December 1996? The man quickly left the area on a date unknown and now resides with his new wife in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭chooseusername

"was staying with his family a very short walk from the murder scene "

Calling it "a very short walk" is a bit misleading.

It's 1.7 miles to the bridge, so 1/2 hour walk.

Add another 15 mins, so it would be about 2.5 miles, hardly a very short walk.

However the same poster later posted this;

"The Suspect that the Gardai "didn't know existed" lived a very short distance from the bridge at Kealfadda where Mrs Farrell said she saw a man she later claimed was Bailey washing his boots. This would have been on the Suspects direct route home. From there he could have walked to his house in fifteen minutes by road or in about eight minutes over the beach and rocks, thus not passing any houses."

and didn't Marie Farrell say the person on bridge was walking towards Goleen?

deleted.

Post edited by chooseusername on

"Why is the red gate gone in the second ('gap') picture, taken much later?"

I've had another look and may have answered my own question;

It appears that gate is already gone in the photos taken later at the time of the murder.

It may have been used to replace the bloodstained gate on the lane, taken by forensics.

But the questions remains;

why was it put there ,and who put it there in the first place?

Also who put up the fence where Sophie parked her car, and why is that fence gone in later photos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

I think you're on the right track with this, there were probably a few people ready to dispute property rights with Mrs. Moneybags, as they saw it. You'll notice whenever these issues are broached, the usual subjects start pitching in with something about Marie Farrell, Bailey's scratches, the bottle of wine, anything to deflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭tibruit

"The man left the area quickly at a date unknown"

How do you know he left the area quickly if you don`t know the date? The old Chinese Whispers will do that to you I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Foster really upsets you, doesn`t he? He must have been saying something on Twitter again. Just out of interest, what are the outrageous claims that he has made? I`ve read the book and don`t remember anything particularly outrageous. The whole Kali thing was a bit underwhelming and certainly wasn`t the slam dunk he was claiming beforehand. Although it was sort of interesting that Bailey spewed it out to a young blonde French woman.

Has he even met the paedo? I thought he pulled that statement from the file? I`m also not convinced about the bottle of wine. Based on the statement of the young man that found it, it sounds to me like the wine was in situ since the previous summer at least. I won`t be holding my breath for the end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I have similar feelings on this. Getting "Justice for Sophie" mainly means accusing Bailey without any evidence, - it's become the general doctrine.

As said before, Nick Foster just has a personal commercial interest and seems rather desperate. He doesn't know anything, nor does he have "new and compelling evidence" exclusive to him.

It's not impossible to think that the murderer is a suspect we all never heard of and never even considered. Bearing in mind that Sophie was in the habit of sleeping around, it could have been anybody and the motive was only sexual. If this was today, she would have gotten her contacts via Tinder and similar sites, but back then, online dating was limited, so one can't even use these solutions to trace any possible unknown murderers.

What I also don't know is if her circle of friends and sexual partners or possible sexual partners in West Cork is completely known by the Guards?

It has been mentioned Sophie was into S&M practices? What if something had gone wrong, and the bashing in with a cavity block was to cover up the real causes of death? Not certain, but then again, the coroner would have found something?

• Advertisement

So she had a habit of sleeping around, there was a circle of sexual partners in west Cork and she was into S&M?? God she was a right goer wasn`t she? You see, this is the kind of bulls$$t that has Scooby and a few others all riled up and coming on here with their randy Garda stories. Ffs.

"Bearing in mind that Sophie was in the habit of sleeping around" "It has been mentioned Sophie was into S&M practices?" I tend to think this is designed to provoke because if it isn't I think you must be reading what you say has been mentioned with one hand. You're sounding like Detective Dwyer and his horny Frankenstein's monster roaming west Cork.

There isn't much you can say with certainty about this case other than Ian Bailey did not kill Sophie. Of that I am certain.

What with your only neighbour having being up in court for drug cultivation disputing the ownership of a building obviously yours, a fence having been/being erected at your gable wall, more gates and fences being put up directly in front of your house, having to change your locks because of intruders and on-going water/heating issues, this haven of solitude appears to have been busier than Grafton street on Christmas eve. I believe in the land of cead mile failte, Sophie Toscan du Plantier was getting what we all know to be the reality "this is how we do things around here and if you don't like it you can always leave".

This hassle she was getting was a conspiracy, of that you can be sure. There was a determination to make her life miserable but somebody went too far hence the obvious cover up because if any one of those involved broke they'd start naming names and that would have had serious consequences for 'serious' people. The killer was known by some people on the same day but the truth had to be buried and will stay buried.

Er, no. I am in complete agreement with you that this type of speculation is nonsense.

Sophie had one affair that we know of. S&M etc is fictional, and in poor taste.

I don't actually believe she was in a relationship with the garda, more connected through the Alfie/drugs link.

I don't think it's ever been mentioned.

She was writing about some dark themes which could have included sexual violence, but that doesn't mean she was into it herself.

Maybe tiny has got confused because she knew Tomi Ungerer, who was definitely at least interested in S&M, as shown in his various writings.

There's a documentary about him actually that I must dig out.

Tomi Ungerer documentary.

Very interesting character.

https://youtu.be/AaeWU8LgsFc

It's possible that S&M is a fabrication of some users here. I've certainly only read it in this forum that Sophie was apparently into S&M.

I'd say the sheer number or better unknown number of sexual partners Sophie might have had, leaves a lot of possibilities and speculations open......

If one wants to speculate a lot of things could have happened that night.

Actually if the first 5 minutes doesn't bump him up on the suspects list I don't know what will.

"I rape a piece of paper... When something is raped, new life comes" (not exact words)

"I'm always being arrested in my dreams"

He's a very likeable, interesting character tho.

We don't have any knowledge that sophie was promiscuous tho. One affair does not equal sleeping around.

Daniel, on the other hand...

• Advertisement

"the sheer number"? what kind of a number, give us an example of one that gets your prudish juices flowing

I would be very much surprised if Bruno was the only affair Sophie has had during her marriage with Daniel. Also "on the other hand" Daniel's affairs outside of marriage are also not clearly known, at least not to me.

The whole subject will be a gray area and after 25 years impossible to clearly judge....

There was alot about Daniel after the French trial, I cant remember where I read it tho.

He was a serial adulterer by all accounts.

Apparently he was also in financial trouble? Is this exactly confirmed? How much did he receive from the life insurance upon Sophie's death? Are figures known and confirmed?

We know the answer to these questions but we're not telling you because you'd still ask the same questions tomorrow, or you'd even go farther back - who's Daniel? Did she have a son?

This is incorrect.

Also, if you did care to notice, I was actually absent from this discussion for quite some days, and surprised that some users were still having the same or similar discussions.

You're like Bill O' Herlihy used be with Dunphy and Giles, after 20 years still asking with a straight face "..and how is he offside there lads?"

If you've got nothing better to do. Incidentally, do we want to discuss again the bottle of French wine?

"I'd say the sheer number or better unknown number of sexual partners Sophie might have had" "I would be very much surprised if Bruno was the only affair Sophie has had during her marriage with Daniel" Two statements from yourself just today! The only surprising thing is how easily people are still able to throw out the "well she deserved it" line about women who they have judged as guilty of immoral behaviour.

• Advertisement

The problem why this subject of Sophie's sexual behaviour keeps coming up is that it's an unknown factor.

How many men particularly in relation to West Cork would be involved, and how many rejected men who had gotten "the wrong idea" keeps the speculation on motive alive. A lot of potential for motive, I'd say same as the "if I can't have her, nobody can" motive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement