Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

BBC Red Button channels on 12422 H 27500. Channel names 6802 - 6806, and 6811.

now named BBC RB 2 - 6 and BBC RB HD

and a wimbledon logo spinning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

now named BBC RB 2 - 6 and BBC RB HD

and a wimbledon logo spinning

Just noticed BBC red button on sky epg. Is this just for Wimbledon or do we have these for good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

"That's TV Gold" is apparently testing on as 52139 on 12.582H SR 22000 FEC 5/6 DVBS QPSK (Arqiva test card).

Seems it will be mostly music and not sure if it will make it on to the Irish EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Just noticed BBC red button on sky EPG. Is this just for Wimbledon or do we have these for good?

The Summer Olympics in Tokyo also. If your willing to get up at 3 am in the morning to watch live events.8 hours ahead of us.

Footnote , I Thought when RTE when digital, that they would have temporary pop-up channels for sports events . Like the BBC.Keeping main channels free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

lgs 4 wrote: »
    The Summer Olympics in Tokyo also. If your willing to get up at 3 am in the morning to watch live events.8 hours ahead of us.

Footnote , I Thought when RTE when digital, that they would have temporary pop-up channels for sports events . Like the BBC.Keeping main channels free.

They are struggling for content for the main channels as it is, there is only so far they can stretch the old Francis Brennan and Dermot Bannon stuff.

They could do worse than pack the rest of the schedule with live Sport.

They are struggling for content for the main channels as it is, there is only so far they can stretch the old Francis Brennan and Dermot Bannon stuff.

They could do worse than pack the rest of the schedule with live Sport.

Your right.. with the present financial situation in RTE and the government's unwillingness to do anything about future funding and transmission fees issue with Virgin media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭decor58

Just noticed BBC red button on sky epg. Is this just for Wimbledon or do we have these for good?

They do this regularly on fta, for Wimbledon, Olympics, World Cup, Glastonbury, don't know about Sky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

decor58 wrote: »
    They do this regularly on fta, for Wimbledon, Olympics, World Cup, Glastonbury, don't know about Sky.

Channels 982-987 for Sky customers, apparently temporary for the summer. Interesting move though because in summer 2016 the BBC made changes to their satellite broadcasting arrangements with the specific aim of stopping ROI Sky customers accessing the red button service through the actual red button, for Olympic rights reasons as I recall. (Though obviously they couldn’t block the streams from being manually tuned in). Wonder if whatever issue it was has been resolved.

Does anyone know anything about 11307 H 27500 28e? It's lit up like a Christmas with 5 HD tests cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

lgs 4 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about 11307 H 27500 28e? It's lit up like a Christmas with 5 HD tests cards.

Only see one test here on 52275 in full HD.

Is that one of the ones you mean?

There are 4 more with no transmission when I checked ...

52210, 52221, 52231, 52240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

DS had reports of weather forecasts being used during testing last week. I can't imagine it would be purely a weather channel though.

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,526 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

DS had reports of weather forecasts being used during testing last week. I can't imagine it would be purely a weather channel though.

Do they know which weather forecasts were on it?

These ones highlighted are BT Sport Extra channels.

While we were off air 🤣 a new old music channel started on

That's TV

11582 H 22000 DVB-S 5/6 QPSK 5/6

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

The FTA channel on this frequency is CGTN HD. It's returning to 28e soon because Ofcom have allowed it to return to broadcasting in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ybcby

🤨🤔

RTÉ Radio 1 = RTÉ Talks & Music

RTÉ 2FM = RTÉ Pop

RTÉ R na Gaeltachta = RTÉ na hÉireann

RTÉ lyric fm = RTÉ Classical

RTÉ 2XM = RTÉ Alternative & Indie

RTÉ Gold = RTÉ Golden Oldies

RTÉ Chill = RTÉ Lets Chill

RTÉ Pulse = RTÉ EDM

RTÉjr Radio = RTÉjr Bops!

RTÉ Radio 1 Extra -> RTÉ Rocks?

?

Post edited by ybcby on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I cannot get GB news on freeview ? I tried a rescan 11307 / V no signal using a Technomate 3300 receiver .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

RTÉ na hÉireann

= Raidio Telifis Eireann na hEireann

Surely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Mav11

'Talking Pictures' has changed TP to 11582 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

Gerry I have asked this question before and got an answer possible from you but with the new format I cant find it. I did a scan for talking pics and it ended up in a new bouquet. How can I move it to my main bouquet

After you do a scan you should see a list of the channels found. Highlight the one you want using UP/DOWN buttons then press MENU. Select ADD TO BOUQUET and choose the required one. It will be added to the end of the bouquet. To move it within the bouquet, go into that bouquet, highlight the new channel and hit MENU. Pick ENABLE MOVE MODE. Use UP/DOWN to move to the required spot in the list then hit MENU again and DISABLE MOVE MODE.

To remove the old entry, highlight it and press MENU>REMOVE ENTRY and ok as required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

Thank you Gerry I'm sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

its Wikipedia, by the looks of things. Its infested with idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,476 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Doesn't look like and isn't on any relevant Wikipedia page I can think of.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its a mediawiki engined website anyway. If it was on Wikipedia it has likely been removed as Mitty gibberish.

Nobody uses the term "EDM" anymore for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Never mind - being discussed elsewhere.

Post edited by Kurn on

Channels on the move again 11307 H 27500

Thats possibly a temporary FreeView link to help recover from the Bilsdale mast fire. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-58208326

• Advertisement

You could be right. The SNR rate is a bit lower.

It includes FreeView option. They are temp feeds for terrestrial relay sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is GB news worth tuning in? is it worth a gawk?

or just a brit version of fox news

A poor version of it really, think of Fox crossed with The Sun and you're not far off, pretty low brow stuff.

Haven't watched it much really.

There's a thread on it in Current Affairs.

It's lurching from one crisis to another, staff leaving in droves, and viewing figures barely even register.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭MenloPete

Interesting side effect for those of us with Now/Next on FTA - on this TP we get a full EPG.

Not new channels par se but BBC Alba & BBC Parliament now have a new HD stream earmarked for launch on BBC iPlayer in the UK from the 21st of October. It may signal that HD versions of these channels may become available for us on Cable & Satellite in the near future. But I don't know when that will happen yet. Link on it is below.

A new channel testing on 10847 V 23000 with SID 6951 and showing CBBC. Possibly a place holder for BBC Three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement

Not technically a channel, but Peacock launches to Sky customers (except Glass) tomorrow.

I think the decsion about BBC Three HD coming back on Sky/Freesat would be announced by Ofcom very soon preferably within the next day or two. Does anyone here think it will happen soon?

They are aiming for Jan 2022. Allowing for FreeSat and Skys minimum testing periods and Xmas change moratorium, this sounds about right. Since it's the BBC, I'd imagine the Ofcom go-ahead is mainly a formality.

Another placeholder has appeared on 10847 V 23000 with the SID 6971 also showing CBBC. According to Jimbo and Digi Man on DS this is going to be an RoI variant of BBC Three HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why does there need to be an ROI version? I get it for channels that run ads, but this won't, right?

Has me scratching my head too, unless there's some content not licensed for here. Like Saorsat blocking sports kinda thing.

Do BBC have dedicated streams for ROI? I doubt it, but I'll defer to those who know more. Would admitting/recognising that they broadcast to the ROI not open a big can of worms for them Re licencing etc? Or, contrary to that, would the population of the ROI receiving the signal FTA kas opposed to paying sky for it) be irrelevant in the overall population of the UK.

Interesting anyway, another channel is welcome, even though the content of BBC3 wouldn't be my cuppa T.

They do and the only difference / reason to my recollection is that the ROI versions lack the red button prompt.

• Advertisement

Pay Sky for a crippled viewing experience, or get all the features on Freesat at no cost, it's a no-brainer.

Scrap the cap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement