Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

• 11-12-2020 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

Tim Roth Joining Tatiana Maslany; Mark Ruffalo Reprising ‘Hulk’
    Kevin Feige today announced at Disney Investor Day that Tim Roth is reprising his Hulk character of The Abomination while Avengers thespian Mark Ruffalo will reprise the character of The Hulk in the upcoming She Hulk Disney+/Marvel series. Tatiana Maslany stars as the title character whose alias is Jennifer Walters. The series is from Kat Coiro and Anu Valia.

Roth first appeared as The Abomination in the 2008 Marvel feature The Incredible Hulk which starred Edward Norton in the title role.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-tim-roth-joining-tatiana-maslany-disney-series-1234654551/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is being produced as a comedy.

This should be interesting.
    She-Hulk will be a half-hour comedy set in the legal world starring Orphan Black lead Tatiana Maslany. As such, it will follow a number of comic book story arcs featuring Jennifer Walters continuing her work as a lawyer while spending all of her time in Hulk mode. Now, the head of Marvel Studios has gone into more detail on the length of the first—and potentially only—season of the show......

https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-marvel-show-kevin-feige-half-hour/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given how of the MCU already has been heavily comedic - in particular, Guardians and Thor: Ragnarok being the standout examples - I'm curious how a Marvel TV series goes "Full comedy"

• Registered Users Posts: 84,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

...And with that doubt sinks in :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

...And with that doubt sinks in :pac::pac:

Any release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2022 at the moment is all we know

• Registered Users Posts: 84,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Josh Segarra joins

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tatiana Maslany is a terrific actress could be really good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Kind of a 80s law/business TV show feel to that last scene.. like maybe a tv ad being made in the 80s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah looks that way especially showing Bruce in his Professor Hulk form.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not saying she has to be muscly but She-Hulk's legs look pretty skinny.

When I first saw the still of her in that room and Hulk, I thought it was a kid at first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Orphan Black crossover where she Hulk is simply a clone that went wrong? 😁

Wondered aloud in another thread if the Hulk will be CGI like her male counterpart, or just Maslany with some digital accentuation / colouring?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well She Hulk is supposed to be 8ft tall so there's going to have to be some CGI trickery there. Either that or employ some Lord of the Rings forced perspective (Small = far away)

Presumably the CGI route cos the MCU is positively allergic to in-camera FX. Heck I'd not even assume they'll use green makeup, rather than some digital correction.

This and Moon Knight would be the two upcoming shows I have an eye on. Maslany is a critically underappreciated actor after Orphan Black; once again Marvel casts well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Given how they're modifying Ms Marvel's powers to make CGI easier, I imagine the actress will just be painted green and touched up with a little CGI, but just be normal height/stature other than that. Save the CGI budget for Hulk and Abomination since their appearance already needs CGI to match their film appearance.

Maslany is fantastic in Orphan Black to which was critically acclaimed, not sure how she is underappreciated by the critics since? she's not exactly been prolific in her roles after that show ended.

Critically acclaimed but the show seemed a bit of cult hit, rather than a popular, mainstream one. Maybe due to BBC America bring quite niche, who knows. While the show didn't seem to propel Maslany onwards (though who knows if that was her choice or not)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Her legs definitely looked super skinny. I'm surprised they didn't at least go with a muscular body double for some of the She-Hulk body shots. Obviously they are in a tough position if they are going to have Jennifer using her original body rather than having her remain as She-Hulk the majority of the time, as she has tended to for most of her comicbook history. But an actor with the stature of Frankie Adams would have been a better fit for the Hulk aspects.

Yeah the show is certainly of cult status but she scooped many an award for it and even a Golden Globe nomination, I don't think it lies with the critics that she hasn't been propelled but what better platform than Marvel now if the show is a success even if acting chops aren't the forefront for a lot of these projects.

I don't think it's a stretch to compare with Jodie Comer, when I was watching Orphan Black at the time I was sure I was watching someone who would be a mainstay in future big projects the same way when I first saw Jodie in Killing Eve (also BBC America).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

unless there are nips I wont be able to suspend disbelief

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

The show ended in 2017 since then she was a lead in Perry Mason on HBO and done a lot of voice acting for shows as well as been in 3/4 movies that pretty prolific I would say.

Haven't seen Perry Mason but doesn't appear she is a lead more part of the main supporting cast but willing to accept she is.

I didn't say she wasn't a capable working actress since but 3 indie movies with no significant promotion just isn't the trajectory I'd have assumed for her.

On investigation the voice roles one stems from the same universe (relatively successful) but the other has already been cancelled after just one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

She was brilliant in Perry Mason, which is also a pretty good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Reports that She-Hulk will out do Deadpool on 4th wall breaking.

Also an expected appearance from....

Spider Man No Way Home spoiler.

Matt Murdock which will lead to him being a major player across the MCU series on Disney+

Starts August 17th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Looks fun.

Advertisement