Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW Full Gear 2021 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lithium93_: Hangman, Eddie Kingston😡, Darby Allin😡, Lucha Bros😀, PAC & Cody😀, Britt Baker😀, Superkliq😡, American Top Team, Miro😡.

Furious-Red: Page, Punk(maybe sneaky heel win)😀, Darby😡, Lucha Bros😀, Pac/Cody😀, Britt😀, Super Kliq😡, Inner Circle, Danielson😀

Me: Hangman, Britt Baker😀, Danielson😀, Kingston😡, SuperKliq😡, Inner Circle, Lucha Brothers😀, MJF😀, Cody & Pac😀

Looks like we're heading for a broadway...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No Paige, no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This is some street fight? They're all patiently waiting on the apron for a tag

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Junior loving this wrestling game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,725 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They did the same thing with Halloween, costumes a few days off. Guess it’s close enough if they’re inclined to make a point of it.

Jericho’s pretty right wing/republican it seems anyway, so not too surprising.

Why the fúck is this match going so long?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is ridiculously sloppy and so out of sync with the rest of the card in terms of smoothness but it's actually kind of enjoyable. Dos Santos was loving it you could tell, not so sure about Arlovski

• Advertisement

Great tributes tonight to Eddie on his anniversary it really doesn't feel like 16 years since he died.

First ROH signing.

Only know Jay Lethal from his impressions, is he any use?

Good lord this kid is over

That entrance is in the all time great wrestling entrances HoF.

Kenny's entrance outfit foreshadowing a kick-out from the OWA?

Kenny is selling his ass off for the Hangman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Very good wrestler. Problem with Jay is that he seemed very loyal to ROH.

Holy ****, that was unreal from Kenny!

Serious bump for Hangman.

Class.

• Advertisement

Fantastic match, both men brilliant.

Love that little touch from Hangman, throwing away the beer.

Great match. Hangman should beat Bryan too.

Great match. I was hoping Hangman would distance himself from the Dark Order, but doesn't look to be the case.

Lithium93_: Hangman😀, Eddie Kingston😡, Darby Allin😡, Lucha Bros😀, PAC & Cody😀, Britt Baker😀, Superkliq😡, American Top Team😡, Miro😡.

Furious-Red: Page😀, Punk(maybe sneaky heel win)😀, Darby😡, Lucha Bros😀, Pac/Cody😀, Britt😀, Super Kliq😡, Inner Circle😀, Danielson😀

Me: Hangman😀, Britt Baker😀, Danielson😀, Kingston😡, SuperKliq😡, Inner Circle😀, Lucha Brothers😀, MJF😀, Cody & Pac😀

Broadway it is! We'll have to settle this with a 2/3 falls match in the Tokyo Dome...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Can't believe they buried Miro like that. Stupid booking.

American top team were the absolute ****.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

How did they bury Miro? He lost to one of the best wrestlers in the world and still looked strong throughout.

I actually enjoyed the IC vs ATT match and JDS wasn't the worst with no wrestling training but Arlovksi was the opposite definitely not as comfortable as JDS.

Overall I really enjoyed the PPV, had to sleep before the PAC/Cody vs Black/Andrade match but watched the rest of the card this morning and really enjoyed it. Britt vs Tay was better than I thought and Tay came out looking strong even in her loss.

Delighted Page won and it was the right decision, Kenny really helped with his selling and putting him over. Glad there wasn't loads of shenanigan's in the Main Event. I could see Omega becoming a loose cannon over the next few months with maybe being kicked out of the Elite with the Bucks/Cole turning on him. He could cost Danielson his match with Page.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Overall a good show.

How many times was there outside interference that was seen and not punished? Like Tully being caught grabbing Penta's leg. Should've been a DQ or have him sent to the back.

Speaking of that match, dunno what they were doing with the masks at the end. Expected it to be someone else under the mask with FTR getting the win from the distraction.

Looked like the ending to Miro/Bryan didn't go right. Think Bryan was meant to keep the hold locked in from the top as they ended it pretty quickly when it was locked in.

I know it's a big show so loads of close falls, but I did think there were too many finisher kick outs. Britt kicked out of 2 of Tay's at least.

Looked like Punk was going for the 3 Amigos but the booing made him change his mind and just end the match.

Nick, or is it Matt, will be in a feud with Lethal for the rights to do Macho Man impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That was fantastic. Only match I didn't really enjoy was Tay Vs Britt, which they did well, but when surrounded with so much talent, they do fall short.

Highlights were MJF Vs Darby, Kingston Vs Punk and Hangman Vs Omega. First of those was match of the night imo.

The FTR Vs Lucha Bros was great too but that finish was odd. Apparently Dax got injured (he also didn't come out for the beatdown on Pac) which does explain it but when watching it I was like what the hell. Got a bit worried that Omega was going to retain too after Danielson won but Page Vs Danielson will be great (assuming Page wins as I'll be pissed if he loses)

MJF vs Allin was good and they managed to make a ref bump look decent and not totally obvious. Allin is gonna have a very short career with the bumps he takes but it'll be entertaining.

Lucha Bros vs FTR. Grand. I have no interest in anything FTR. Their new entrance music is the only entertaining thing about them.

Bryan vs Miro. Fine, crap ending.

Falls Count Anywhere match was good. Shave the beard, Jungle Boy.

Cody and Friends. Decent match. Andrade's black mask cosplay is crap. Cody gets stick but him giving the belt to the fan pre-match was nice.

Britt and Conti. A feud from 2002 with wrestling from 2002. Nia Jax moves faster than Britt Baker. Woman moves like a sloth in the ring.

Punk vs Eddie. Good brawl. Was the blood fake? Looked fake.

Inner Circle vs ATT. Terrible. I don't know how this was allowed to get 20 minutes.

Page vs Omega, great match. Only slightly brought down by the Young Bucks appearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Advertisement