Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops from Refurbed.ie

Options

Comments

that's a pretty ancient 2015 2-core cpu at this stage and the screen will be horrible to look at as screens on business laptops from that era always has garish colour reproduction and usually dim

take a look at the ideapad 3 and flex range on lenovo.ie

10% discount code sent by email if sign up to newsletter also

if you look you should be able to get a modern 4-core intel i5 (go for 11th gen version) or amd cpu for about 500 or so euro with the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Their pricing is a little off.

I nearly bought a 2019 iPad 9.7", 32GB for €399

Did a little research and picked up a brand new 10.2", 64GB for €409

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

That's pretty decent imo

worth the money and many lightyears ahead of your previous refurb option

strong cpu and decently bright screen

literally 4 to 5 times more powerful than the dell refurb with a better screen and faster ssd

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Meanman

Glass et. Al

With Black Friday 2 weeks away I am hoping to invest in a laptop. The Acer Swift 3 IS 11th Model that you are a fan of would suit me great. ( that's my budget) I can get the studentbeans discount. You might suggest other options that would be equally as good if Acer Swift 3 is not available or overpriced. Thank you Glasso and others for sharing your great knowledge with us. ). P.s it might be a few days yet before best Black Friday deals are posted).

• Advertisement

I was hoping to hold out for Black Friday but my other half's laptop lost the will to live a few days ago so I pulled the trigger on the IdeaPad 5. FWIW, there was a coupon code BLACKFRIDAY for it which took another few euros off. There was the IdeaPad 3 for 470 ish but she wanted the aluminium case and I'm assuming slightly faster CPU, better battery and better screen.

the swift 3 11th gen i5 is a very good overall package and good value with the discount

I'm not aware if acer.ie offer any further discounts for Black Friday

Black Friday is not necessarily amazing for laptops imo - you can only get what is reduced, not necessarily the one that you want

also a lot of UK options are off the table as they don't ship to Ireland and / or you'd end up paying double VAT

Dell do some deals but are more expensive than the likes of Lenovo.ie and acer.ie with the student discount anyways

if you can wait see if acer provide any further discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Meanman

Thanks Glasso. The Acer Swift3 is not available on Acer at the moment. Hopefully it will be available again soon.

Just updating the thread to say got the IdeaPad 5 today, nice machine and fairly nippy compared to the HP one we had before. Thanks again glasso for taking a look at the spec offering your opinion versus the refurb option.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

ehh.. I just noticed that a lot of the laptops available on refurbed.ie are listed as having DE keyboards.

As in, German keyboards. Not something you'd want to find out after you have recieved it....

So the Z and the Y could be in different locations ... etc...

Just FYI like...

• Advertisement
Advertisement