Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Happy_Girl

Thanks for the info! I normally buy direct from Amazon. It's mostly video games I get but also helpful to know if I ever get other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hypothetically speaking,

If you changed banks, is there an option to update debit card details on your Amazon account?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Yes go in to Your Account->Your Payments and you can add or remove card details. You can have multiple cards stored and select one as default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thank you!

What steps do I take to add the new card & set this debit card as the default payment method?

I have my current card added to the account already.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Thanks. It's not a student Prime account, it's a standard, £7.99/mo account, and payment sharing is enabled (we both have access to one of each other's cards). But every "share Prime benefits" link from both our accounts just ends us up back at the same message, with no way to actually activate the sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

go to Your Account->Your Payments as Atlantic Dawn said. Click Wallet and then Add a credit or debit card at the bottom of the screen.

To make it the default payment method go to Settings and then Change Preference. Then click the Change link next to payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

I limit my Amazon purchases now because returns are such a pain - always Dunfermline - and a desire to support local. I expect more items will return locally when their Irish Warehouse is up and running.

Recently I purchased an item with a low return ‘risk’ and got something completely different. Amazon’s customs label is for the item I ordered not the one I am returning. Anyhow if I use UPS to return it includes a customs/vat charge. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. CS weren’t great don’t seem to have heard of Brexit or understand we are not part of the UK . Then they told me to lie in the declaration!

I am wondering if Amazon refund the Customs/VAT charges incurred when returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

I've used successfully used UPS to return to Amazon. What I do is:

1. State the reason for sending as a return.

2. Don't fill out the electronic customs declaration.* Instead select the option for including your own commercial invoice.

3. Print off three copies of Amazon's provided commercial invoice. Attach two to the parcel.

4. Give the other commercial invoice to the UPS driver.

*It's possible this would be ok also but I thought it was safer just to use Amazon's.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Thanks.

Ye was surprised to see the charge when I had chosen the “return” option. Maybe I’ll try again and just use Amazon’s label but it is fairly obvious that the item described is not the item in the box - Paper vs Elecrical.

When did Amazon start their own deliveries outside Dublin? I've a package which is apparently being delivered on Sunday and the courier is Amazon themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Just signed up again this year for a free months prime. Getting the Christmas list finalized, and will start ordering from Thursday. Im only going to use Prime this year (Orders fulfilled by Amazon only) dont trust An post. Am I right in saying that with prime, the price you see in the checkout is the price you pay? No customs letters?

Its a disgrace Joe!

Yes there are never any extra charges on prime items. I've got a few (mostly small) import tax refunds also.

I actually had an Amazon ordered dispatched with An Post yesterday for the first time in months. It was only a bookmark so maybe that's why.

Next day delivery was available on some items at 9.30 this morning (order within 15/45 minutes). It's nice to see it back even if it's not the ~6 pm cutoff that there was in late 2019.

Perfect, thanks for reply, prime all the way for Christmas this year so. I would not trust An Post to make a cup of tea these days, they are gone to the dogs.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Not sure where else to post this, but whenever I buy something on Amazon - the tracking always follows the same process. It arrives at a carrier facility in Dublin whenever, and then is delivered to me the next day.

That's the case for almost everything I buy, except miniature bottles of acrylic paint (for painting models) and airbrush cleaner (again, a small bottle).

Is there any reason why these take longer? It's usually a few days extra. Something to do with them being liquid?

Believe or not but paint, even in small quantities is classed as DG (Dangerous Goods) so maybe its something to do with that.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Interesting. I do always receive the package eventually, it just takes longer after being held up in the Dublin "carrier facility" for a few days first.

Spotted at least 50 brand new electric Amazon Prime delivery vans at Mercedes on Long Mile Road earlier. Are amazon about to take things to a new level in Ireland? Will they launch before Christmas or wait until the new year? Will we get next day prime delivery's? Interesting times ahead...

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭manna452121

Their is also a large amount of vans in the Limereick depot.They are making deliveries to local housing estates ,some taxi drivers are also doing work for Zeus/Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They're already being used. I had a parcel delivery today from one here in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Quick question. For the first time Amazon have shipped something to me using DPD rather than An Post but the tracking number isn't a DPD one. Does anyone know if eventually I'll get a proper tracking number or will I only be able to track it through the Amazon site (which doesn't even have the usual "See all updates" link

With DPD, they texted me the morning the package was due with a 3 hour timeframe.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Ive noticed a few prime shipments that used to be delivered by Amazon themselfs are now been delivered by An Post. I have 2 day shipments due today all via prime via An Post. Ill report back later to see if An Post deliver them on time. Hopefully they have upped their gamne this year!

Im in Dublin 5 btw.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AngeloArgue

Has anyone had any recent experience with buying from some of the larger marketplace sellers on Amazon.co.uk?

I'm specifically interested in music media from sellers such as MusicMagpie, OnlineMusicFilmsGames, Momax.

Is VAT prepaid like they do for their own products?

Are posted parcels getting through from these sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emanresu123

Ordered a satellite box direct from Amazon.

On the 18th of October got an update saying it was in Dublin and "initiated customs clearance process".

Nothing since.

Should I cancel or wait it out? Does this part usually take that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Hi all, I have a kindle under warranty and have it ready to go back.

An Post won't accept it as it has a battery and the battery label provided by Amazon makes no difference.

I would assume i am not the first with this problem but the response from Amazon is use a different courier.

Who would you recommend if this is the road i have to go down?

I assume Amazon will refund the cost?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Make sure Amazon will refund it first. Then try DPD or UPS. Last thing I sent to the UK with UPS with €11-12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Definitely shouldn't take that long, who was delivering it? An post or Amazon? Could be an issue with the address label.

Advertisement