Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NWA (National Wrestling Alliance)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well done Mickie, I guessing this will be a cross promotion PPV under the NWA banner as the NWA wouldn't have enough female talent to fill a whole PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sounds like it's called Empower (Dunno how many r's at the end).

And seems another PPV the following day which seems a stupid idea if they expect people to buy both, unless they have some kind of offer

I'm kinda shocked that Nick Aldis is only 34 and has been NWA champion for 3 and half years with the exception of 2 months when Cody held the title.

Is he wasted in the NWA ok he mightn't be the face of the company material in the major companies but he is avery decent hand in the ring and has a presence and surely he would be making better money than he is on now. I read his contract at NWA is about $250 a week he is in his prime and I'm sure he could get a better pay day somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm kinda shocked that Nick Aldis is only 34 and has been NWA champion for 3 and half years with the exception of 2 months when Cody held the title.

Is he wasted in the NWA ok he mightn't be the face of the company material in the major companies but he is avery decent hand in the ring and has a presence and surely he would be making better money than he is on now. I read his contract at NWA is about $250 a week he is in his prime and I'm sure he could get a better pay day somewhere else.

NWA is he's baby.

He's a big fish in a small pond and he loves it

He's not going anywhere

The PPV had less than 500 buys is being reported tonight.

• Advertisement

Corgan talking on Busted Open
    First of all, I feel like the little guy running around ringing a bell. I see stuff I think maybe not everybody sees. It’s going to be a hot second here, but pretty quickly, all the non-WWE forces out there at play are going to figure out that if they work together, you can topple the giant. You might not topple them to the ground, but you can bring them to a knee. That has not been even remotely a possibility for over 20 years. It’s been 20+ years since the WWE had real competition. Now if you want to say AEW vs WWE, I can respect that, but I think WWE would beg to differ on the bottom line part of it all. But, if you’re talking about a public perception where you let this wrestling revolution of the last five years really kick in, and they let talents like yourself Bully, or a Mark Henry step up into this new vacuum, which Triller is also creating with the Fight Club model, and suddenly you can offer fans matchups that are complete dream matchups, and can rival WrestleMania on any given night, I think it will blow this industry wide apart, in a good way, not in a bad way. I think Tony Khan is very smart. He’ll figure that out pretty soon. I think he’s going to quickly figure out that if he can get everybody under the same tent, and he has a lot of people under the same tent already. I’m working with Tony. Impact is working with Tony. New Japan is working with Tony. I don’t think there’s any hostility there between Tony and Ring of Honor. I mean, if you put all the non-WWE players at the table in one night, I mean, how does the world not stop and watch for that one night? That is a mind-blowing concept that wouldn’t even have been close to possible five years ago. To answer your question, I think the NWA is kind of playing the wave that’s coming. But, as I’ve said to Tony privately, our product is what it is. We’re going straight up the middle. I know there are a lot of wrestling fans who like what’s going on. All power to you. I’m going to ride the fact that the old school is the new school, and when all is said and done, it might be five years, it might be seven years, there’s going to be another major player at the table, and it’s going to be the NWA because a mainstream broadcasting platform is going to look and say, ‘If you can deliver this quality with this level of consistency to this wide of an audience, well here’s a seat at the table’, because I don’t have to sell them anything. You look at the history, look at the brand, and look at what you’re presenting. As long as you can figure it out behind the scenes, we’re good to go.”

Corgan was asked if we will see Nick Aldis vs Kenny Omega in the near future:

“I pitched it to Tony a few times. It’s Tony’s world. I respect him for what he’s building. I’ll say it again. Nick vs Cody Rhodes for a third time, that is an epic, epic, matchup waiting to happen. I saw it happen twice in front of my own eyes. When you combine Cody with the NWA World Heavyweights Championship and that history, I’m sorry. I saw a look on Cody’s face that I’ve only seen when he was fighting for that title. You can’t tell me that history does not mean something to him. His father’s nickname is tattooed across his chest for a reason. When your dad is Dusty Rhodes, I’m sorry. I get goosebumps just talking about the dang thing. I hope we see Cody and Nick down the road at some point, because that to me is just waiting.”

The NWA has a total roster of 9 female wrestlers two of which are AEW wrestlers yet Mickie James just announced they will now have a Women's Tag Tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well how many women do wwe have on their main event rosters ? Not enough to warrant a tag team titles.

Deonna Purrazzo will appear on the NWA All Womens PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mickey is doing mini Steph. Will probably end up resulting in a feud between her and Kamille.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you subscribe on the website, do you get the whole back catalogue of Power, or just new episodes, since the move?

Taryn's a legend?

The NWA EMPOWER PPV card is a real cross promotion PPV.

NWA Women’s Invitational Cup:

Lady Frost (begins at #1), Tootie Lynn, Chelsea Green, Jamie Senegal, Debbie Malenko, Bianca Carelli, Jennacide, Thunder Kitty, Masha Slamovich, Kiera Hogan

NWA World Women’s Championship Match:

Leyla Hirsch vs. Kamille

Impact Wrestling Knockouts Championship Match:

Melina vs. Deonna Purrazzo

NWA World Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament:

The FreeBabes vs. KiLynn King and Red Velvet

NWA World Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament:

Hell on Heels vs. The Hex

NWA World Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals:

The Hex or Hell on Heels vs. Red Velvet and KiLynn King or The Freebabes

Battle of The Brands:

Kylie Ray (NWA) vs. Chika Tormenta (AAA) vs. Diamante (AEW)

Also appearing: Kenzie Paige, Skye Blue, Christi Jaynes, and more

EmPowerrr is on tonight it looks a fun card.

RoH: "Chelsea won't be taking part in the tournament as she isn't cleared"

Chelsea proceeds to have matches in Impact and NWA.

Decent show overall. Don't know what happened after Lady Frost's entrance. Think the director fell asleep or they had to sort something out so were buying time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Curious test. ignore or delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,931 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ronda all praise for it

Card for NWA 73 tonight (copied from wiki)

1 Mickie James vs. Kylie Rae Singles match

2 Kamille (c) vs. Chelsea Green Singles match for the NWA World Women's Championship

3 Nick Aldis (c) vs. Trevor Murdoch (Career) Title vs. Career match for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship

4 Chris Adonis (c) vs. James Storm Singles match for the NWA National Championship

5 Aron Stevens and JR Kratos (c) vs. La Rebelión (Bestia 666 and Mecha Wolf 450) Tag team match for the NWA World Tag Team Championship

6 Thom Latimer vs. Crimson vs. Tim Storm Brawl in the Lou

7 Tyrus, The Masked Man, and Jordan Clearwater (with Austin Idol) vs. Da Pope and The End (Odinson and Parrow) Six-man tag team match

8 12 participants TBD Battle royal to determine the #1 contender to the NWA National Championship 

EmPowerrr was a really fun PPV a nice mix of nostalgia and wrestling.

Tonight's PPV will have a real job on its hands to be as fun.

Also need more of Gail Kim on my TV.

• Advertisement

Well done NWA back to back fun PPV's and a great weekend of wrestling,

Maybe Corgan should've given Flair a couple bullet points like "This is NWA so mention some of the current NWA roster.

A career vs title match was more believable here since Trevor Murdoch retiring wouldn't be too unbelievable.

Just waiting for the Masked Man to be revealed as someone I would never know

The NWA Woman's Tag Champs The Hex will be defending the titles against  ROH's The Allure next Wednesday and the match will be on Youtube.

Whose side will Velvet be on?

They've a PPV this weekend as well.

Kylie Rae stepping away from wrestling again.

I think maybe for her best mental health she should step away for good this time.

NWAPowerrr is returning to Youtube I guess they lost eyes on the company when they took it off and put it on FiteTV the new episodes will drop every Friday asfter they aired on FiteTV earlier in the week.

Nick Aldis has also signed a contract extension.

NWA are also offering a deal for $49.99 for a years membership to NWA on FiteTV that will include all shows and PPV's.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's a tempting deal but I think damage has been done by leaving YT in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn I loved their Youtube show, they had some roster before the pandemic but the pandemic and the move to Fite really damaged them.

I'll give it ago on YT again though

Yeah they killed whatever momentum they had taking it off Youtube ok the the pandemic didn't help either of course.

I won't be signing up for it myself however the offer is decent.

• Advertisement

New World Champion.

Matt Cardona. Man he is having one hell of a run this last year one of the most entertaining wrestlers around.

ECW TV Champion

Impact Digital Media Champion

NWA World Champion

He is the new Belt Collector.

Advertisement