Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

Passenger wrote: »
    Their weights/fitness equipment is all out of stock for some reason. Anybody any idea why?

It's been a bit pandemicy for the past year or so, limited fitness stock in most places due to increased demand with people exercising at home and limited manufacturing due to the equipment not being manufactured during full lockdowns.

Some exercise stock in Argos comes and goes (15kg dumbbells were available earlier this week) but most fitness equipment hasn't been in stock for the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

The pandemic surged demand for gym equipment over night , not just for Argos for any business selling that kind of equipment.
    Aristotle wrote: »
    It's been a bit pandemicy for the past year or so, limited fitness stock in most places due to increased demand with people exercising at home and limited manufacturing due to the equipment not being manufactured during full lockdowns.

Yes, makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can i return something that i bought online to a store?

*its a large item, a cordless lawnmower and its been used (less than a month)

fryup wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Aristotle wrote:
    Nope.

I've done this previously with a faulty TV. And I even purchased it online from Argos UK.
    Now I did have everything organised before I went in, they only had to process the replacement and send the broken one back.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    I've done this previously with a faulty TV. And I even purchased it online from Argos UK.
    Now I did have everything organised before I went in, they only had to process the replacement and send the broken one back.

You got lucky. This question pops up a lot and pretty much every time someone says they tried it before and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

I got a kettle before and it arrived with a big dent in it. Contacted online support and they arranged for me to return to store

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well i phoned customer service and they said they'll arrange for a courier to collect it and i'll get a refund once they (argos) receive it...so happy days:)

the only question is...does it have to be spotless?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Kat1170

well i phoned customer service and they said they'll arrange for a courier to collect it and i'll get a refund once they (argos) receive it...so happy days:)

the only question is...does it have to be spotless?

I would say if its change of mind then it will need to be in the original packaging and resalable, if faulty then I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    argos working again on pricescanner...

all stores are stuck for the last few days - sent pm to maxiiim and email to pricescanner, but not sure if they're being picked up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Only spotted the post about the Samsung TV and soundbar.
    No good to anyone now but they were honouring the deal, the cashier just zeroed the soundbar for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sod the kids! I want that Nerf blaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Argos site down until 6am. New catalogue or is it just regular maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Maintenance new catalogue is July usually the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Skerries wrote: »
    sod the kids! I want that Nerf blaster

Ya I was trying to convince the wife it was for the kids, we didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not a bargain post but anyone know if the Jervis and Swords Dublin stores are permanently closing down soon? I notice on the website within both the store locator and reservation pages both these branches have (Closing soon) after the branch names, not seeing this on any others. I suppose they are relatively close to other major branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They must be. That's a pity. I would have thought Swords was doing fairly well though, unless the rent and rates are high. Santry presumably a better option for them.

I guess the same with Jervis St and the other options close by.

Post edited by Suckit on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

2 of the 3 stores in limerick are closed/closing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Looks like Argos are stripping back the number of products they are selling in Ireland. A few items (which I purchased recently) are no longer listed on the .ie web site (they are on the .co.uk).

Even potential big sellers like the Xbox Series S (product 844/8248) have been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Tried to collect something from the Naas store the other day.

Didn't have a wallet with me because... it's 2021.

Well, turns out they don't take NFC payments. So you need a physical card. Like some kind of animal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lucan123

Oh no - have the self service kiosks stopped taking contactless payments? I've used them many times for both contactless on my card and google pay on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Ah, that makes sense.

This was at the register. I was collecting a reservation that had gone up in price since it was reserved, so they had to do it at the till.

My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Am trying to order the new fire stick from Amazon . Uk won’t ship to Ireland , is there a work around for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Keep getting this item won’t ship to your address

Still getting this item won’t ship to your address

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yeah, sorry, I had my German virtual address in when I checked it..

You could send it to mailboxde.com, but it would cost you an extra roughly €12 to ship. It should be the same for 2, 3, or 4, possibly more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

What delivery company Argos use for collections?

How good are they for timing ? it says 7 days on website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

We needed a new hob and went from five ring down to four ring as the larger burners were towards the rear of the hob and had damaged the worktop upstand over the years when large pans/pots were used for long periods. So after having a good look online settled for this Smeg hob, but found it cheaper to buy from Spain.

We saved 70eur compared to DID/Curry’s etc and that was including post.

Advertisement