Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BIMMERAG

Ok within warranty period so, best call te dealer that supplied it and get it sorted sooner rather than later

only says “blocked” on the app. But it clearly isn’t if I can walk up turn it on and off it goes again

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Give it a good cleaning underneath. Something setting off a sensor.Mine was showing a "lifted" fault when it entered the docking station but a good cleaning sorted it.

• Advertisement

yeah, I’m getting that lifting alarm too. I’m constantly cleaning it out to be honest lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Just to update, I got the 450X back today, battery replaced by Husqvarna outside of warranty 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a mower as I am simply unable to keep on top of the grass here as I am just too busy. Am I wrong in thinking a robot mower could easily take care of this ?

Since this was taken, I have filled in the stones a lot more and removed the wood.

I'd appreciate your thoughts...

Thanks

Are there gaps between your patio slabs where you could run a wire?

If not, the mower will not be able to get to the narrow bit at the top.

thanks. I've actually got rid of that bit. Its all stones there now.

• Advertisement

Now the only challenge is crossing the path...

yes, but I should point out I got rid of the wood borders too - I presume this would make it easier for the mower ?

On another note I have read the Flymo 1200 isnt a bad mower - is it ? Was about to buy the Worx Landroid......

has anyone any experience of the MacAllister Robot Mower ? I was interested in the Worx Landroid but this looks to be in the same ballpark ( bar the price )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Thud

the segway navimow could be a gamechanger, no boundary wire needed. Was thinking of getting a second Landroid bit this might trump it if it lives up to what they say it can do:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Grand so far, no issues since. Have it set near the minimum cut height and it keeps the garden nice and short. Just gets on with it each day!

Has anyones electricity bill skyrocketed with an electric mower? Our electricity bill was 339kwh Vs 220kwh for the same period last summer. Just got a power meter and our mower charged once and is at €1.03 (19.25c/kWh). Mower draws about 42w when charging. Looks like we won't be using it daily now. Don't fancy adding €60 to our every two months. Don't know how effective it will be going once a week now...

Probably worth noting I'm using an adaptor as it's an EU plug if that's a factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just got a power meter and our mower charged once and is at €1.03 (19.25c/kWh)

Not a chance in hell did the mower use 5kWh on one charge cycle. That would be a massive battery. Your power meter is wrong.

Your bill increase is from something else, not the mower. I'd say the mower is probably adding €60 for the year, not for a month, regardless of what that meter is telling you.

I've must have put the unit cost in inorrectly. 42w for 3 hours is .126kWh or 2.4 cent a day.

Honestly can't figure out what added 50% usage to our electricity...

Working from home maybe?

Could also be an appliance on the blink and continuously running... usual suspects would be any pumps (e.g. well pump) or a compressor (fridge, freezer etc). They arent big electricity users but if they go into fault mode and run continuously it adds up over 24/7.

• Advertisement

has anyone any comments on the MacAllister ? If not I think the best option I have is to go buy the Yardforce mentioned above ( as at least I have one persons opinion ) 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Husqvarna power supply eventually bit the bullet. Pretty sure water probably got in via the power supply cable. My socket is elevated above where the supply is even though the supply is covered from elements. Cable allows water to track down and into the box. Even though it has glands etc on it I'd say it gets through. Can't prove it because it has to be cut open to get inside. Going to do that at some point .

In the meantime bought new supply it's the newer model half the size transformer but same output. Bought from crowd in Tipperary. Website great absolutely quick turnaround. Ordered and was shipped within an hour. That was Friday it arrived this morning in the post. https://lawnmowerpartsonline.ie/

Credit where it's due. Mower is back up and running. McCulloch Robo1000 .

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

Hi Folks,

I have the Ambrogio L30 elite. I guess 1 in 7 times it gets stuck in my tree stakes. Besides taking my tree's out of the equation is there anything ye could recommend I could attach to the stakes so that the ambrogio bumps off them and drives on.

Whay happens is the ambrogio bumps off some of the stakes, then the wheels can't get traction and just keep spinning without the ambrogio moving. Attached is how my tree's are staked.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

might look tacky but have you thought of maybe a small tyre around it maybe painted?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

honestly I would try anything at the moment, nothing worse(in robotmower world) than coming home and the mower is stuck against the tree.

Is it because the bark area is too wide so by the time the mower hits the stake/tree its wheels are in the bark mulch? Hard to tell from the pic.

If thats the case, ultimately you need to get the mower to stop earlier and that requires more obstacles. Maybe a few large stones wouldnt look out of place or take another stake and cut it into two or 3 smaller lengths and drive them into the ground so that you have a circle of stakes so that the mower doesnt get so far in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Anyone else's Huskies disconnect from the app at 930 this morning and remains down? All 3 of mine did at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

9:20 in my case. Close enough as I think they only update every 10 mins when parked up.

Any tips to help my mower not dig around my tree? It's a bit slow to react when crashing into it and the wheels spinning have dug away all the grass. I wonder if there's a mesh or something I could put down to give it traction so it knows something is in the way but also allowing the grass to still grow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Will just wait for them to come back so🤣 made some changes manually on each....

Advertisement