Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark side of the ring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Had to stop watching.....stressful viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm guessing the small contribution that Triple H made to the doc wasn't bespoke, but an unused part of an interview from another documentary. Really doubt he'd want to sit down and talk candidly about Chyna because of the accusation that it was his cheating on her with Stephanie which prompted Chyna's downward spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

briany wrote: »
    I'm guessing the small contribution that Triple H made to the doc wasn't bespoke, but an unused part of an interview from another documentary. Really doubt he'd want to sit down and talk candidly about Chyna because of the accusation that it was his cheating on her with Stephanie which prompted Chyna's downward spiral.

I can't say i'd blame him. They needed concrete villains. They directed the narrative in the way they wanted it to go, lots of allusions and 'draw your own conclusion' moments rather than actually saying stuff out loud. No mention of the gang rape in college that was likely the real start of the spiral.

Having Sean Waltman in it without referencing Chyna's accusations of him drugging her to make the initial sex tape and selling it without her knowledge doesn't portray these film makers well either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone who enjoyed the format, I see they've started showing Dark Side of the 90s, though the first episode seemed a lot lighter than Ring. Was about trash TV/Jerry Springer

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I was wondering this too. I'm interested in the origins of quite a bit of this footage in fairness / the backstory to the original scummy creators losing rights also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Returns on the 16th with The Plane Ride from Hell.

Then it will be the Chris Kanyon episode,

FMW

Bikers, Bombs & Bedlem Johnny K9,

Luna Vachon

Rob Black XPW

The Steroid Trial will close the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to part 2 of the season

Preview episode out with Jericho taking about the series and also how his match with Nic Gage in AEW and why he was happy to do a Death Match.

Also this FMW episode might just be the last we every hear from Terry Funk.

They also got to interview Jerry McDevitt for the steroid trial episode.

McDevitt was Jim Neidhart's lawyer before he was Vince and the WWE's.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Does anyone know if the new season will be on tv here

The first episode back is the Plane Ride From Hell.

The flight attendant was sexually assaulted and assaulted by Flair and Hall and you can hear the fear in her voice all these years later.

Flair got away scott free because he was a made man according to JR.

RVD saying wrestlers liked to drug women and rape them

Tommy Dreamer doing a lot of victim blaming in the episode.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

Dreamer will always toe the line in hopes he can get something out of it down the line.

That being said I can't really say much about the accusations other than Hall and Flair got away their terrible behaviour for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I couldn’t believe when Dreamer said people loved what Ric did, it always popped the boys but on this occasion someone took offence. Text book victim blaming and gas lighting. Also rVD said some of guys would drug women and rape them. Lesnar, Hall and Flair are complete scumbags. It was fascinating to watch and highlights what we already knew in that wrestling is full of creeps. Would really like to see some accountability and consequences once in a while

I saw RVD saying Flair did it but must of missed the part where he said outright wrestlers were raping women. I've no doubt it's true though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It was related to wrestlers dropping pills into drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

• Registered Users Posts: 30,724 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Apparently Tommy dreamer won’t be at impact tapings tonight after his comments on last nights episode

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He's been suspended now too. Can probably kiss his BustedOpen radio gig on SiriusXM goodbye too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well there’s a shock. I’ve seen his comments and given all you hear and read about Tommy dreamer he’s one of the nicest guys in wrestling, but I don’t know what **** possessed him to make those comments.

Were they comments made for the episode or were they from footage of him at the time?

• Advertisement

I knew Dreamer would be in trouble with Impact. The women's locker room are quite vocal on assault.

Dreamer only he has himself to blame. Clown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Flashed Terri Runnels while standing next to Dustin, her husband. (think they were still married at the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Tommy Dreamer deserves everything he has coming to him.

Disgusting comments and showed himself to be a real piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Amazing how the Dark Side Of The Ring has impacted wrestling

Brian Pillman Jr gets a big push and the fans loving him but now we have Dreamer who will be lucky if he has a job and I doubt Flair will get a contract from AEW

TK is typically quite serious public perception of his talent

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently Chris Kanyon is next. Undertaker won't come out of that smelling of roses if all the internet rumours and speculation about him are true.

Wonder if all those CarShield ads with Ric Flair will be pulled that air during the likes of RoH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Don't really find it all that shocking that Dreamer wouldn't think it that bad. Wrestling has traditionally been populated by high school/college jocks and meatheads who think it's funny to shake their dick at a pretty cheerleader just after coming out of the showers. Would barely even register as inappropriate or a violation of any kind. You should hear some of the stories that Raven tells about his days in WCW. One time they set up a slip n slide in one of the hotel corridors, put some girl who'd been drinking with them at the bottom of it with her legs splayed, and then Perry Saturn came down it, face first, with a large dildo strapped to his head. Debauchery isn't hardly the word.

Go back to between 1997 and 2007 and look at what they had women wrestlers doing on TV - bra and panties matches, bikini contests, Candice Michelle vs Melina in a chocolate pudding match, hot lesbian action. If that's the kind of misogyny they were putting on TV, imagine the attitudes they had when the cameras were off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just watched the episode there and Tommy Dreamer, you're an idiot. Why oh why did you justify and soften Ric Flair's actions. Its bad enough to have that view, but then telling the world? Even if he's your mate you don't say that on tv.

But you know what's mad... like let's go back to the roster of WWE 2002 and you have some talent. Some of the best wrestlers in the world. Easy to think they are 'smart dudes' - by that I mean, guys who are top of their game. Guys like Flair, Hall and Mr Perfect who seemingly 'get wrestling' and could wrestle a broomstick to a great match. Guys who can get a body (granted, steroids) but know what to do in a gym compared to a 18 year old with a weight lifters belt who has no clue what he is doing. To being credited as great wrestlers on the mic..... Then you see the other side - drugs and just mental going on's.

I dunno. It's crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Brock v Reigns will surely be scrapped now?

Advertisement