Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

How much is the TV going for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Hopefully the former so they can burn all these **** props after

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If we take the green approach simply spending €70k retrofitting your home is the solution, payback should be achieved around 70 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Eoghan must be pushing another be smart with the money under the mattress segment

• Advertisement

This lad is a fcuking dose! Out for his own pocket...looking for money for other people sending in content!

M

The whole bidding process is open to corruption, needs to be transparent.

M

Not great for the seller if bids are not transparent.

M

Here we go, not a single 'fact' quoted will be challenged.

Had to laugh at the agent there, more money for the seller is a good thing. Yeah you get a % of that so of course more money for the seller is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You can't say that caller.

Ebon Joseph on line 2

M

I will gladly buy up all houses within one mile of the coast for 20% of their current asking price.

Covid Claire getting ready to change her name to Climate Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

M

So the more money we spend the cooler the earth will get, simple.

Shipping via containership is one of the lowest emissions possible.

So Joanna doesn't care about house prices and now wants food to be way more expensive.

It's great to be loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭DaTown

I don't want green beans from Kenya - Racist

M

Get there on your bike and then find your bike gone when you get back to it as some scrote has stole it with an angle grinder.

Joanna hasn't been to rural Ireland ever it seems. Says need to just get cars off the road and make room for bikes. Where do they go then you silly fool? Cycle lanes on every road in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Her basic point was that people drive absolutely everywhere and are exceedingly lazy, except she didn’t quite put it like that. It’s hard to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

I was only visible at the intro to the show… way at the back to the right of Claire.

All I can say after zooming into a photo of the telly-shot someone sent me on WhatsApp, I’m going to invest in padding to camouflage me prominences. 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Joanna and hubby Horst are pretty wealthy and live in a fine big house. No money worries and they can afford to buy the expensive food.

M

I remember a couple of years back on Eco Eye they visited the home of some bachelor lad in his 70's living in the complete back arse of nowhere house with an energy rating so poor it was off the scale and they told him what he would need to do with his home to make it more eco friendly, the show was a complete disgrace and abuse of power on the man. They dictated what he should do to reduce his emissions, what he should use to heat his home etc, the man was living a good mile plus from anyone burning his turf, coal and was happy out with his expenses, he would be long dead before any of their waffle would make any financial benefit to him. Meanwhile last season or so a family in Donaghmede, North Dublin blow €70k plus of a budget in a highly congested area and they fit a wood burning stove in the home and still get the massive grant, crooked as absolute fook.

Installed a new wood-burning stove

Anyone advising installing a wood burning stove in a built up area should be in jail with what is known now on particute matter.

The show is sponsored by state agencies and should be audited by someone independent to see what in the jaysus it is advising, it's up there with cash for ash in what controls are there for State money to go.

Should see the bidding system in Scotland. I once contemplated buying in Edinburgh and got to know about their system of written bids by envelope. It is actually very fair in principal, but I haven’t scrutinised closely how it pans out in practice.

No, she came on and the first thing she did was say she saw 51% say they're worried about making ends meat this winter and that basically she doesn't care about those worries and only worries about climate change.

Joanna saw that 51% of people are worried about making ends meat this winter and said she was flabbergasted that people are saying oil prices going up is a bad thing. She also wants food to go way up in price. How could she look someone in the eye who's struggling and tell them their costs should be even higher.

Claire: "Do you have an EV?"

Joanna: "I have a bike"

Claire: "So you don't have a car?"

Joanna: "I have an EV, we sold two diesels and bought an EV"

So many holes in her viewpoints. It would likely make more sense climate wise to keep the diesel. How many emissions went in to building that EV? Digging massive holes in the earth in China for rare earth magnets? All the flights from Asia and Europe to get to Ireland etc. The electricity she uses to charge her EV likely is dirty. And we're having energy shortages so how can she think everyone should have an EV?

Emissions from tyres are also 1000 times worse than those from the exhaust. EVs are heavier than ICE cars and thus produce more emissions:

https://www.emissionsanalytics.com/news/pollution-tyre-wear-worse-exhaust-emissions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Eco Eye program with Donkey Stewart is basically a 30 minute advertisement for the retrofit & renewables industry. The end credits say it is supported by the SEAI so its them who are funding it. Must be great that the retrofit industry have a half an hour long ad on tv with Donkey raving on about how great every eco product is and sure you can get a grant for this and a grant for that. What he wont be saying is most of these companies have raised up the prices of anything that attracts a grant so they get it for themselves.

Its interesting the way government agencies are now getting tv programs made to try to sell whatever wares they are promoting. Another one is Nevin Maguires Irish Seafood Trails which only features fish dishes. If you look at the credits at the end the program is made for the Fisheries Board, another government quango. So that too is basically a 30 minute long ad trying to get people to buy more fish. Then you had Kathryn Thomas No Place Like Home, this time sponsored by Failte Ireland in an effort to get people to 'staycation' and be ripped off by the prices of Irish hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Not buying sh1te from China has even lower emissions that shipping sh1te by container ship.

How old were the diesels? What mileage was on them? What state of repair were they in?

Do you think maybe you should have the full facts before you jump down someone's throat?

• Advertisement

Well, I can't imagine the diesels were too old now. Joanna and hubby are filthy rich, they're not going around in a 98 Avensis are they?

It's actually kinda funny because Donnelly must be around 50 yet it seems her care for the environment only started in the last couple of years. Climate change warnings have been around for 3o or 40 years...20 years in the mainstream yet you would think a meteorologist would be well ahead of the general population!

Advertisement