Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 US Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

Going to 5 with Zverev looks like it took too much out of his legs. The crowd actually supporting him must be disorienting too.

Medvedev playing almost flawless on serve, he needs one more break to take the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭klr87

... and Medvedev breaks right at the start of the 3rd set, from 30-0 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

impossible, Djok playing awful awful tennis and a break down in the 3rd ....

it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ireallydontknow

Wow, that's outrageous. All my disappointment has been converted to anger on hearing it! I've had to hold my nose watching the gaudy American ceremonies and hearing the rowdy crowd shouting during serving motions, and that just tops it all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Xander10

wow ..big hold. long way back now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭Augme

Novak is missing chances I haven't really seen him miss in a long time.

Medvedev is a like a cat on court today.

And Djokovic not moving anything like he usually does - even leaving shots that he'd never leave.

That's it.

It's over.

Double-break.

he looks a broken man.

At least it will be an early night.

It wil be ironic if the last hurrah of the big three is the very match one of them was trying to make the ultimate history in....

Djokovic's legs are gone here.

• Advertisement

Double break, that's it surely.

I wonder what makes the USO the most "open" of the slams in the Big 3 era? All the one-time slam winners in the past 15-16 years have won their slam here: Delpo, Cilic and Thiem. Murray and Wawrinka have won here as well. Medvedev to join them in the next 30 minutes,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Shocking.

Sound gone, no Timmy...I am happy enough with that Prime!

Maybe we should have seen this coming after the losses in Tokyo to Zverev and PCB, and all the sluggish performances here.

Medvedev will be the only man under 25 to hold a slam, I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not over yet...

US crowd letting themselves down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Yahoos are out in full force tonight.

Idiots

3 DFs when serving for the title. breaks himself, with a little help from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Crowd sticking it to Med

• Advertisement

Crazy stuff from crowd to do that to Med

Djokovic in tears at the sit-down.

Losing in straights is a bad way for Djokovic to go out. he had a memorable year, just didn't have enough in the tank for immortality.

Congrats Medvedev, he will win a few more methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

What a relief! The vermin in the crowd tried their hardest to throw him off, but delighted for Medvedev!!

Well, the last few games were dramatic, but overall it didn't reach the heights of the women's final.

Anyway, I think Djokovic is still odds-on on to get to 21 first, and could still end up with more than that.

Not the final that was expected.

Medvedev was able to profit.

His serve and groundstroke game were very good and it wasn't the "usual" Djokovic across the net.

Didn't have the legs at all today - he was spent.

Classless American fans, as always. Delighted for Medvedev, he's deserved one. I would have liked Novak to do it because I'm not sure when the next time, if I ever will, see it happen.

Still have Novak favourite for AO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I would have hated to see Djokovic win the third via Medvedev bottling it, thankfully Med was 2 breaks up.

Starting watching from set 2, Djokovic never looked like he was gonna win this.

Advertisement