Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2021 (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I despise the camera cuts. Can't see the impact of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Drews sword is absolutely stupid.

In story telling there is something known as 'chekhov's gun' - its a fairly simple idea. You introduce an element or story aspect that will pay off later. Problem is Drew can never use a sword. In reality he would take someone's head off with such a weapon. Don't make sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor Nikki. The biggest push and stage she'll ever get and the crowd are booing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Anybody have a river to see it? Only home from work and won’t sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah **** off another Charlotte title run

• Advertisement

The Brood music and Metalingus may be the best music combo in any entrance ever.

It's weird how the replays show everything in fluid camera shot but live it's a cut every 3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Wood's Scott Hall attire is class.

This segment is for babies though.... what the actual F

Me thinks with the crown jewel ppv coming Goldberg is winning this

• Advertisement

He's boring but Goldberg is in some shape for a guy in his mid-50s.

Yea he really is to be fair to him

Suppose Goldberg will go mental now

That Cena shirt is amazing

Cena seems gassed

Cena is going bald. This is making me come to terms with my own age. Oh no.

Didnt see that comin

Now I like this Brock

I imagine Roman vs Brock 3 (or whatever number) will be at Crown Jewel and not Extreme Rules

Very different look for Brock.

Sheamus/Priest was decent.

Edge/Rollins and Roman/Cena were great.

Becky's return was great. I don't like Bianca anyway so I'm not arsed if she's "buried" to be honest.

The rest was shíte.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Shows what I fookin know. 2 outta three 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Becky left Raw champ but returns for SD title match

Viking Brock back for Paul Heyman on a pole match 😁

Overall a decent but meh event

The returns of becky and brock the standout moments. Best matches were the opening tag match, Sheamus vs Priest, Edge vs Rollins and Roman vs Cena

Goldberg vs Bobby was yep but with Bill jnr been involved makes the feud a bit more interesting

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They have a serious problem though, they've now absolutely STACKED Smackdown and Raw is just drowning in a sea of awfulness. Even the matches on the card show that (Orton/Riddle aside, crowd was super hot for that match). They need to somehow adjust the balance of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I love Becky. I really do.

But that return shows absolutely everything I dislike about WWE. It’s their inability to book anything simple, and how they overproduce everything.

Becky returns, and it’s like the camera crew are told to show everything but Becky. It’s nauseating, and we get 90% of the shot focused on people reacting to Becky, rather than showing her return. We don’t see her reaction as she walks out, or walks to the ring. We get the crowd, we get Bianca and Carmella.

we get screamed at by commentary, ordering us to accept this is a massive deal, that Becky is important.

Its demanding we find this a massive moment, rather than organically letting it be one.

Compare it to Punk. We didn’t need Jr screaming “OMG THE BEST IN THE WORLD, COULD IT BE, IT IS, THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME HAS RETURNED, THIS IS MASSIVE, THIS IS HUUUUUUGE, THE STRAIGHT EDGE SUPERSTAR IS BAAAACK!”. they showed it in Punks face and let the moment speak for itself.

Becky attacks Carmella who didn’t need to be out there. They book a match and then Becky murders Bianca in five seconds. With the return of Becky, they bury their young superstar immediately. Not in a competitive match, which a lose to Bianca wouldn’t have been an issue. They made her look like an utter idiot.

why not leave Carmella out there to eat the pin? Why not have Bianca kill Carmella and have Becky come out after the match? There was ways to book the return without killing one of the only new women stars you’ve created in the last two years.

Its just overthought, overproduced, overly complicated. Like they can’t help but mess every second of a moment up in a bid to make it feel special, rather than let the moment be special simply because it is.

Its frustrating.

(And I know there’s an element of soap boxing about AEW, but to an extent, it’s impossible not to compare the returns to one another. Two massive stars back after varying length of time off, on the same weekend. It’s inevitable the two would be compared).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Only saw the main event and wow, it was awful. Overproduced shite with those weird graphics for the entrances, 20 mins of the match was flat and slow, Roman speaking to the camera and hearing the two of them call spots the entire time. It can all get in the bin.

Brock was the most interesting part about it, but we've seen him murder Roman before and I doubt it'll be much better this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's amazing to me that, in the space of 6 minutes, they managed to bring Bianca's (albeit not great) title run to an embarrassing halt and botch Becky's return.

Jaysus talk about making a hames of Bianca. I'm not her biggest fan and her title run has been mostly terrible tbh but there's no need to bury her like that with Carmella standing by. Becky clearly looks rusty, I wonder if she isn't cleared to wrestle yet? Which begs the question - why put the belt on her straight from the off? Charlotte winning the title again makes absolutely no sense either.

So they had Lashley batter Goldberg and then his young lad? Can he just go away now... they're gonna fight again at Crown Jewel aren't they 🙄

Brock/Roman has been done to death before, the only little twist that makes this interesting is Heyman now being on Roman's side... but who speaks for Brock now?

I agree with the returns being overproduced, just shut up Cole and let us watch the moment.

Good bits were RK-Bro, Edge VS Rollins, Becky's return-ish (until they squashed Bianca), Roman VS Cena was decent, Brock's return was ok too. It's all massively overshadowed by that other thing that happened in the other place though, let's be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't know if I can buy the weird Hook obsessives insulting Goldberg Jr.

Advertisement