Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Film/TV Series Recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Just watching Jolt wow Kate Beckinsale kicking ass again liked it a lot.

Rated adult as must be all that kicking ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Coming out this Friday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I like the look of that! Definitely something to pass the time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Boss Level is fantastic fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I’m glad Amazon didn’t buy into the cancellation of Mel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LOL Mel Gibson has been ‘uncancelled’ for many years. He’s been working regularly in productions big and small since 2010 - he was off the radar for a relatively short amount of time.

Frankly, given his repugnant racist, anti-semitic and homophobic remarks over the years, he got off pretty damn easy as far as these things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

It doesn't really bother me if someone is an asshole - if they make good movies, I'll watch them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

After eight years of waiting, Evangelion 3.0+1.01 is finally out on Prime today. Watched it earlier and it was worth the wait: the sort of insane, epic, baffling, thoughtful mix of introspection and spectacle that only Hideaki Anno can deliver. It really is quite the trip - 160 or so minutes of pure Evangelion. It really gives the filmmakers the time to explore what they want to - a quiet sojourn to a rural village takes up a good hour of the running time, and the extended finale has plenty of time for surrealistic interludes alongside the quite frankly preposterously large scale battles.

The '3.0+1.01' title is of course confusing as all hell for anyone unfamiliar with the series, and maybe even those who are! This is the fourth and final film in the 'Rebuild' series, which is basically a cinematic reimagining of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion tv series and End of Evangelion film (both of which are on Netflix). Amazon has been thoughtful enough to add the three other Rebuild films today as well, so you can watch them all. It's definitely recommended to watch the original series and film first (it's all great, but EoE is particularly stunning), although these new films are certainly watchable as their own thing - but there's a lot of stuff that makes a lot more sense if you've seen the original series through as well. If you want to dive straight in to the new series of films though, the order is 1.11, 2.22, 3.33 and then finally this new one 3.0+1.01.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

Bend It Like Beckham

Boss Level (Grillo/Gibson/Watts)(Amazon Original)(2021)

The Double

Dreamscape

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time

Find Me Guilty (V.Diesel)

For Greater Glory: The True Story of Cristiada

Happythankyoumoreplease

Jumanji (R.Williams/Dunst)

Looper

Miss Sloane (Chastain/Strong)

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Next of Kin

Now You See Me

Peter Rabbit

Prisoners (Jackman/J.Gyllenhaal)

P.S. I Love You

The Runner

The Secret Life of Pets

Sicario

Trainwreck

The Trials of Cate McCall (Beckinsale/Nolte/J.Cromwell)

Welcome to the Rileys (K.Stewart/Galdolfini)

What a Girl Wants

Why Stop Now?

The Woman in the Window

Zombieland

DC's Stargirl (Season 2)(2021)(Amazon Exclusive) - Episodes weekly till conclusion

Impastor (Season 1-2)

Modern Love (Season 2)(Amazon Original)(2021)

Some Girls (Season 1-3)

Star Trek: Lower Decks (Season 2)(2021)(Amazon Original) - Episodes weekly till conclusion

Expiring soon(That I'm aware of)

The True History of the Kelly Gang - 21/8

Get Smart - 23/8

Call Me by Your Name - 25/8

Pan - 25/8

The Prestige - 27/8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cruel Summer is good, it's probably an episode or two too long but the last two episodes made up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Boss level is pretty well done. Great fun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Literally just finished it this morning. Man it's short, barely 80 minutes of movie; quite the runtime whiplash after the needlessly long (but enjoyable) The Suicide Squad.

I've no idea what to make of it at first blush, but it sure was something. Not least, a girlboss movie written by outed sex pest Max Landis. Can't fault it for never flinching on its premise though. I'd like to see what the director does next.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They spoke about the Landis connection last year when it screened at TIFF. They (the director, and Chloe Moretz who was a producer too) said that the script was hugely rewritten after Landis left the project. He claims it's still his. I dunno. I felt like the extremely sexist opening scenes were probably his, beyond that, I dunno. I do remember reading more about it at the time but I can't remember all of what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sicario is a good one, wonder when the 2nd one will be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finished Clarkson's farm, fantastic, can't wait for season 2.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Just watched it. Absolutely ridiculous but I enjoyed it too. Chris Pratt is a terrible actor but he's so likeable. I think it's because I love him in Parks and Rec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Just flicked on 9 perfect strangers last night. The casting is excellent and 2 episodes in, its very good.

I watched all 3 eps that are up. The cast is great but I wasn't overly impressed with it as a whole. It just kind of felt like something I've seen done before and done better. It kept my attention but I wasn't really invested in any of the characters, ad the fact it's now gone to weekly episodes makes me wonder if I'll even finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

The 6th Day

Admission (T.Fey/P.Rudd)

The Bank Job 

Beat the Devil (Bogart)

Bronson (T.Hardy)

The Emperor of Paris (Original Title: L'Empereur de Paris)

Flatliners (K.Sutherland/J.Roberts)

Flatliners (E.Page/D.Luna)

Fool's Gold

The Glass Man

Greenfingers

Hacksaw Ridge

Hollow Man

In Search of A Midnight Kiss

Jack Reacher

Kansas City 

Kill Command

The Last Movie Star

Legion

Machete

Road Trip

Spacewalker (Original Title: Время первых)

Spotlight

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Too Late

Trumbo

Walking Out

House M.D. (Season 1-8)

Nine Perfect Strangers (Amazon Exclusive)(2021)(First 3 episodes, rest following weekly until conclusion)

Expiring soon(That I'm aware of)

Seven - 29/8

Miss You Already - 31/8

The Gentlemen - 2/9

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I know it's not a film, but I wish Halt and Catch Fire came back; as is often the way with our modern streaming world you can halfway through a season when ... poof! The show disappears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 slang61

I am relatively new to Amazon prime (using amazon UK as I am in Ireland.)

There is so much that is "not available in your location".....

am i missing something?

Irish users use primevideo(dot)com, not the actual Amazon website. That might be your problem.

6th day hidden gem/ underrated ??? Or late career Arnie trash ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 slang61

OMG - I was just accessing through amazon website....... THANK YOU SO MUCH...... game changer......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I think they used prime video for com rather than the Amazon website. Prime video app works for me no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kevin can f##k himself....it's kind of amazing....i think...Annie Murphy..wow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is indeed! Well worth a watch at least so far...only a few episodes in.

Advertisement